Another new Miles addition.

Old July 26th 07, 03:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Another new Miles addition.

Just a brief Miles household update...

First, thanks for all the purrs for me to get the job but
unfortunately this time they didn't work. ( I keep telling myself
that the job is out there, but it is hard not to get demoralised. (

Anyhoo.... onto the news. )

Today, I went to the Dogs Trust in Bridgend. The Dogs Trust is a large
no-kill humane society that deals, as the name suggests, with rehoming
dogs. ) I've been thinking about adopting another dog for a while,
partly because Bonnie, my GSD/CollieX spends all her time with my gran
as her assistance dog now.

So I went looking on the off chance today. And I've met a very nice,
gentle, smallish, tri-coloured Border Collie girl called Clara. Clara
is 8 years old and was found wandering the streets in May. She had
clearly been badly abused because she was completely bald with a flea
allergy dermatis and infected skin, and she's afraid of men as she
cowers away from them and shakes.

So Clara and I had a walk and a chat, she really does have the most
expressive ears and great brown eyes, and I've booked her for
adoption. If all goes well with the Home Visit tomorrow and her
meeting with my neighbour who will dog sit her during the week when we
go and visit her on Sunday, then I will be bringing her home next
wednesday. )

Lord knows what the feline residents will think. Her history with cats
is unknown, but she hasn't shown any nasty tendencies, so I reckon
with careful introductions we should be OK.

Please wish us all luck that this works out well. )

Thanks

Helen M

Old July 26th 07, 04:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez[_2_]

On Jul 26, 9:36 am, wrote:
First, thanks for all the purrs for me to get the job but
unfortunately this time they didn't work. ( I keep telling myself
that the job is out there, but it is hard not to get demoralised. (

Bummer. Don't lose hope and keep your eyes open. You never know when
opportunity will come knocking on the door.

Please wish us all luck that this works out well. )

Lots of luck! I hope he felines take it easy on the new d-pet.

Cheers.

Victor

Old July 26th 07, 05:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

Sorry to hear about the job falling through, but you'll
find something you really like soon. You are always
in our thoughts and prayers.

We will be purring and praying that Clara becomes a
great companion to the kitties and quickly.

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

ups.com...

Old July 26th 07, 05:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Exocat[_2_]

wrote

If all goes well with the Home Visit tomorrow and her
meeting with my neighbour who will dog sit her during the week when we
go and visit her on Sunday, then I will be bringing her home next
wednesday. )

Wow! Lots of luck with the intro, I expect you'll need it though hope you
don't
If you get a good Border Collie I reckon you've got the best.

Purrs
Gordon & the FF

Old July 26th 07, 06:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

We will be sending purrs and lots of doggie drool and ear twitches for you
and yours and for Clara.

Kayla says Clara should be fine if she can overcome her fears. Borders are
a "soft" dog and most cannot tolerate what many would only consider firm
handling. They are smart hardworking dogs, but a lot of them will cringe in
fear if you yell at them. Or even if someone they are around yells at
someone else.

Kayla has demonstrated the last few weeks that she was bred to be a
babysitter. I don't know what else could explain how patient she is with
the PITA Chihuahua Camille. Camille plans to grow up to be a holy terror.
Kayla is as gentle with her as she would be with a newborn lamb of a flock
of baby ducks or geese.

So we are all pulling for Clara. (Oh, and I'm really wild about tricolors)

Jo

Old July 26th 07, 07:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

wrote in message
ups.com...
Just a brief Miles household update...

First, thanks for all the purrs for me to get the job but
unfortunately this time they didn't work. ( I keep telling myself
that the job is out there, but it is hard not to get demoralised. (

I'm sorry it didn't work out. Yes, I'm sure it is difficult not to be
discouraged at times. I have a recommendation. Set up a file, and whenever
anybody says, posts, or emails you a positive comment - something that makes
you feel good - put it in that file. Before you go for a job interview,
read everything in the file. I've read that you have a much better chance
of getting a job if you appear confident, rather than discouraged or
desperate. One of these days, hopefully not too far in the future, the
absolutely perfect job will come along and you will get it. I know you'll
live up to the demands of the job, whatever they might be.

[...]

Congratulations and best of luck with Clara. I believe Border Collies are
one of the smartest, if not *the* smartest, breed of dogs, so I'm sure
she'll do whatever adapting is necessary. Of course, she may try to herd
the cats. ;-)

Joy

Old July 26th 07, 07:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Joy wrote:

I have a recommendation. Set up a file, and whenever anybody says,
posts, or emails you a positive comment - something that makes you
feel good - put it in that file. Before you go for a job interview,
read everything in the file. I've read that you have a much better
chance of getting a job if you appear confident, rather than
discouraged or desperate.

Wow, what a great idea! I'm not job-hunting, but I imagine that someday
I will be. It's a good thing to keep in mind.

Also, you can request positive feedback from people. One year, for my
birthday, I asked all my friends to give me a card or letter that told
me what they appreciated about me or our friendship, or both. I got lots
of cards, and they are all in an envelope in a drawer of my nightstand.
I read it from time to time when I feel depressed or down on myself. It
really helps!

Actually, for job-hunting, I've sometimes sat and read positive reviews
from former managers to get me in the right frame of mind. So I really
second the suggestion.

Joyce