Lost my best friend

Old September 11th 03, 02:50 AM
Fred Williams

Rick wrote:

Hello,

My 12-year-old cat, Edie, died this morning. I lost her at 3 am this
morning, after a few agonizing hours (for
both of us, me mentally, her physically).

She had been sick recently, but after a round of anti-biotics, she
seemed to be getting much better.

But yesterday she start vomitting and crying severely, so I rushed
her to the hospital and she went down fast. I asked to see her about
an hour after I took her in and she didn't recognize me, her
breathing shallow, I feared she didn't have long. She went into
cardiac arrest 30 minutes laster.

She was the sweetest soul, human or anmimal, that I've ever known.
She was 12, but that was not long enough with her. A pretty
tortiseshell would often "washed" my hair at night and laid a gentle
paw on the back of hand as a few asleep.

I am absolutely destroyed. She didn't deserve this.

Rick

We've been there, Rick, and you're not alone. They're always a part
of you, and you of them. Somewhere, somehow, you'll be together
again. In the mean time, you do what we all do: The best you can.
My prayers are with you, and I will hold Edie in the light this
evening. May God bless.

--
Regards
Fred

Remove FFFf to reply, please
Old September 11th 03, 03:26 AM
Bingo

(Luvskats00) wrote in
:

I'm so sorry to hear about Edie.

Thanks!
Old September 12th 03, 11:23 PM
Adam

Rick,

I know what you're going through. My best friend from age 10 to 26 was
Elizabeth, a runty black and white cat, and I still miss her. With time,
you will realize that you did everything you could and there is nothing to
blame yourself for.

Adam
--
email: rubin AT bestweb DOT net

Old September 13th 03, 02:53 AM
onlyThreeCats

Rick wrote in message .17...
Hello,

My 12-year-old cat, Edie, died this morning. I lost her at 3 am this
morning, after a few agonizing hours (for

Rick, my heart goes out to you.

I lost my Lenny, my oldest, most devoted of 4 cats, a beautiful Seal
pt Siamese, just two months ago. It was cancer. Sounds different
from what took Edie away from you, but please - you can't be to blame.
They can't tell us where it hurts, or when they have a tummyache.
And there are so many things. I wanted to do that what-ifs.. you
know.. could we have known earlier? What if Lenny's lifelong tendency
to be "barfy" had meant something more? Should I have all my other
cats shaved and ultrasound-tested???? you can go on... please don't.

You did all you could. Heck, that you talk to us here shows you're
not just any "cat person", you're one of us who knows they're all such
important parts of our lives, more than most people know.

She isn't sick or hurting anymore. Losing them is so hard, but the
best you can do sometimes is let them go. You have our sympathies,
and our admiration for having the strength to get through.

Johanna
an' the grrrrrls.
Old September 13th 03, 03:47 AM
The Fur Conspiracy

On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 21:46:21 GMT, Rick wrote:

Hello,

My 12-year-old cat, Edie, died this morning.

Dearest Uncle Rick;

As one of somewhat advanced years, living with a chronic condition
which is rather quicky fatal for most katzen, let me offer my own
viewpoint on passing on...

We animals know quite simply and very directly, as humans sometimes
forget, about living and life and the plan and the Maker.

There is a Maker--all the wonder that is, is no accident nor chaos.
The Maker has a plan, and the plan has no end, and the plan is life,
and life is the plan. Life is not the living of one or of few or even
of many, but the stream and flow together of all lives and all
living--that is life and that is the plan.

Each living has its measured purpose and time. Being born to living,
and passing from it, are both part of the stream of life--both are
part of the plan, and the plan is life, and life is the plan, and the
plan is from the Maker, and the plan has no end.

So, please, put aside your anger and grief. Look beyond one instance
of living. Look to Ms. Edie's love and what she added to the
whole stream of life, including your living.

I wish you peace and purrs,
Mr. T.S.Eliot, VC

The Fur Conspiracy:
Mr. T.S. Eliot (VC), Ms. Martha-Mound (SOC, TGK), Mr. GrowlTiger,
Shadow da Pup, and (Furry) Fred
also Mr. TigerSam (PC) and Clarence da Choklit Moose
[Edit it to make it work.]
Old September 13th 03, 05:36 AM
Bingo

(onlyThreeCats) wrote in
om:

Rick wrote in message
[...]

Thanks, Johanna. I'm realizing over time that, while I wasn't
perfect, I did a lot for her and gave her pretty good life. Funny
that mentioned though, Edie was also the most devoted and "barfy."
I discovered a matter of mintes before she died that she had
arthritis in her back, as well, so even if I could have saved her,
the day would have come soon enough anyway.
Old September 13th 03, 05:37 AM
Bingo

"Adam" wrote in
:

Rick,

I know what you're going through. My best friend from age 10 to
26 was Elizabeth, a runty black and white cat, and I still miss
her. With time, you will realize that you did everything you
could and there is nothing to blame yourself for.

Adam

Thanks, Adam. I like the "runty" description!