Apoquel (OT)

Old September 18th 15, 10:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Apoquel (OT)

Lennie the poodle is allergic to pretty well everything and now he has
apoquel daily tablets. It's a fairly new anti-itch drug and it's working
fairly well, but I would like to find it online a bit cheaper for his
mummie, who spends most of her money on him..
It seems to be sold out everywhere online.
The cheapest online tablet I found was 70p each, but th
ey all sold out so I dread to think what she is paying the vet for them.
I have one of those things that you put your meds in to remind you, and now
it's for Lennie he still nibbles his feet so he recently got Bitter apple
spray on his toes.
I've almost sorted him out. His bowels were dreadful., sorted through
better diet, went to the vet for his allergies . Toe nibbling is now a
habit so I'm hoping the bitter apple will stop it.

Old September 18th 15, 11:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
The New Other Guy

On Fri, 18 Sep 2015 22:53:30 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

Lennie the poodle is allergic to pretty well everything and now he has
apoquel daily tablets. It's a fairly new anti-itch drug and it's working
fairly well, but I would like to find it online a bit cheaper for his
mummie, who spends most of her money on him..
It seems to be sold out everywhere online.

vetdispance.co.uk has 3.6mg available, but only that dose.

70p for the 16mg dose looks to be the common price.

Another site says "Very limited stock due to a manufacturers issue"

https://www.zoetis.co.uk/products/do...quel-faqs.aspx

Old September 21st 15, 07:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:

Lennie the poodle is allergic to pretty well everything and now he has
apoquel daily tablets. It's a fairly new anti-itch drug and it's working
fairly well, but I would like to find it online a bit cheaper for his
mummie, who spends most of her money on him..
It seems to be sold out everywhere online.

vetdispance.co.uk has 3.6mg available, but only that dose.

70p for the 16mg dose looks to be the common price.

Another site says "Very limited stock due to a manufacturers issue"

https://www.zoetis.co.uk/products/do...quel-faqs.aspx

Thanks. I'm not sure of the dose he is on, but's it's been upped to one and
half tab/day since Saturday as he is nibbling his feet once again. It makes
them so sore, and I've been spraying them with Bitter Apple which only stops
him biting at his itchy toes, not stop the cause.

I'll have a look at vetdispance if Lennie is on 3.6mg. He just got a new 30
day supply from the vet. I dread to think what the vet charges for it.
I am kind of in charge of his meds now because they weren't happening. I
fill what is called a Dossit box for him every week,( which has compartments
in for every day of the week and three time a day if necessary) for his
other dog walker to do. This works well as no doses are now missed
accidentally.
Unfortunately his other dog walker, Mary, is going in for a hip operation on
9th October. I volunteered to take Lennie out every day last December when
Mary broke her ankle and did it until March. Then I did Fridays and
Saturdays since then. Which I enjoy. We do very big 3 miles walks on a
Saturday.
So his mummy asked me if I could help her out. I simply cannot commit to it
every day. I said I would do Mon, Weds, Fri and Sat. because I like to go
the local markets on Tuesdays & Thursdays. But I got gullty the next day
and said I would do Tuesdays too.
It's not because he needs a walk, it because he's kind of like Boyfriend
with the litterbox - Lennie will not wee or poo in his own garden.
I know this is true because when I take him out he wees 4 times within 50
yards and every walk is a three bag one.

He is a lovely dog, he is more than perfectly behaved when he is out. Dogs
sometime offer to fight. He says no. He's very clever too. If I try and
walk on the road, he pulls me on to the pavement, like "are you mad?"
Rita claims he knows when Mary is not taking him out and it will be me.
Mary takes him out at 9.30 and I do later. On my days he doesn't wait at
the door at 9.30.
She think it's because she gets poo bags out for me (Mary has her own)

I'm committing myself to months. Rita says Mary thinks she will up and
about in a month. She won't be.

Old September 22nd 15, 09:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
The New Other Guy

On Mon, 21 Sep 2015 19:42:48 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

I'm committing myself to months. Rita says Mary thinks she will up and
about in a month. She won't be.

I hope that Mary heals quickly, AND that the makers
of Apoquel get their production ramped back up soon.

But imagine the karma points you're stocking up.

Old September 24th 15, 12:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:

I'm committing myself to months. Rita says Mary thinks she will up and
about in a month. She won't be.

I hope that Mary heals quickly, AND that the makers
of Apoquel get their production ramped back up soon.

But imagine the karma points you're stocking up.

I have huge Karma points for Lennie, and I've grown to love him. But his
family need to kick in too, which is why I won't do every day. If they had
to pay a professional dog walker, it would cost 8 pounds for a 40 minute
walk.
I don't want to be paid to exercise Lennie. His mummy gives me a bottle of
wine every 6 weeks or so.
His Saturday walk would cost 32 pounds if I was a professional dog walker.

Old September 25th 15, 09:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
Lennie the poodle is allergic to pretty well everything and now he has
apoquel daily tablets. It's a fairly new anti-itch drug and it's working
fairly well, but I would like to find it online a bit cheaper for his
mummie, who spends most of her money on him..
It seems to be sold out everywhere online.
The cheapest online tablet I found was 70p each, but th
ey all sold out so I dread to think what she is paying the vet for them.
I have one of those things that you put your meds in to remind you, and
now it's for Lennie he still nibbles his feet so he recently got Bitter
apple spray on his toes.

Had a light bulb moment today when I was out with him. He wees on his back
feet when he cocks his leg up when he first goes out as he has a lot to get
rid of.. So maybe his own urine is causing it. Not sure what to do about
that unless he gets waterproof boots.
And yes, he is neutered. Only males that have been neutered as young dogs
squat to urinate. Lennie was a very posh stud dog once upon a time. He
only got "done" when he was 6 years old so he could live with Rita, who had
recently been bereaved of her previous poodle from the same breeder. Ideal
situation. Old stud dog, proved kind home.
He is perfect for her. She could walk at the time, now she can't. so we do
our best to make sure he gets out every day. He totally refuses to use his
garden for toilet duties
so he waits from 7 pm the night before. No wonder his feet get wet next day
:-(
I might be on the wrong track but I'm beginning to think he has urine scald
and might not need apoquel at all. Could be wrong as he got tested for
allergies a few months ago, he has loads. Lots of food allergies plus dust
mites.
Might phone his vet to see about if weeing on his feet could be the cause of
his nibbling on them. I would leave it to his mummy normally but I know she
won't.
I took me moaning at her for months to sort out his bad diet that gave him
the worst explosive bowels in the world. Everyone said I would never do it
but I did. In the end.
So I now want to sort out his raw toes on his back feet. His Apoquel dose
has been upped to one and half tablets/day but he's still nibbling his back
feet. To me that suggests that his allergies are not the reason.
He's really clever. He knows if we go past his house in the car when we
are bringing him back from his big Saturday 3 mile walk. He starts to whine
"you just went past my house.." We have to say to him "Lennie, we just
have to go down the street to turn the car round"
He doesn't like me to walk on the road either, he gets on the pavement
(sidewalk) and glances at me like "what sort of stupid are you?"
I love that dog.

Tweed

Old September 28th 15, 03:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Debbie Wilson

Christina Websell wrote:

Had a light bulb moment today when I was out with him. He wees on his back
feet when he cocks his leg up when he first goes out as he has a lot to get
rid of.. So maybe his own urine is causing it. Not sure what to do about
that unless he gets waterproof boots.

Bit of an odd idea, but how about carrying a small plastic water bottle
on his walks so you can squirt it and rinse off his feet directly after
he's done his wee?

Deb.
--
http://www.scientific-art.com

Old September 30th 15, 07:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Debbie Wilson" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

Had a light bulb moment today when I was out with him. He wees on his
back
feet when he cocks his leg up when he first goes out as he has a lot to
get
rid of.. So maybe his own urine is causing it. Not sure what to do
about
that unless he gets waterproof boots.

Bit of an odd idea, but how about carrying a small plastic water bottle
on his walks so you can squirt it and rinse off his feet directly after
he's done his wee?

Deb.

Good idea. I might do that. It's only the first big wees that are the
problem when he's been waiting overnight.
That dog could wee for England. He cocks his leg up even when he cannot
sprinkle one more drop. He just likes doing 14 (or more) wees when we are
out. Despite he runs out of wee after about 10 times he still pretends to do
it.
We always report back to his mummy if we saw another dog. Today we saw a
Staffordshire Bull terrier which ignored us. We live in hope that we never
see that Aylestone Bulldog again.

Old December 16th 15, 10:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:

Lennie the poodle is allergic to pretty well everything and now he has
apoquel daily tablets. It's a fairly new anti-itch drug and it's working
fairly well, but I would like to find it online a bit cheaper for his
mummie, who spends most of her money on him..
It seems to be sold out everywhere online.

vetdispance.co.uk has 3.6mg available, but only that dose.

70p for the 16mg dose looks to be the common price.

Another site says "Very limited stock due to a manufacturers issue"

https://www.zoetis.co.uk/products/do...quel-faqs.aspx

I am charged by Lennies mummie to find him food that he's not allergic to
She spent 300 quid for a blood test.
He is allergic to potatoes and all grains. I found a good food that might
suit him. Lily's Kitchen duck and chicken.
Trying it next week.
It's expensive but it's the only thing I've found to suit Lennie's needs.
I bought him some
He has not seen it yet. Neither has his mum