Surgery scheduled

Old April 17th 05, 02:52 AM
CATherine

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 21:33:12 -0700, "Jo Firey"
wrote:

As some of you know I have been waiting a long time, hoping to have Cochlear
Implant surgery to allow me to hear.

All purrs and prayers and good thought will be most gratefully appreciated.

Jo

We are sending purrs and prayers for a successful surgery. But, oh
that month-long wait!

--
CATherine
Old April 17th 05, 04:10 AM
Enfilade

"Jo Firey" wrote in message ...
As some of you know I have been waiting a long time, hoping to have Cochlear
Implant surgery to allow me to hear.

I am late but I am bringing FOUR sets of purrs to wish you all the best!

--Fil
Old April 17th 05, 05:15 AM
O J

Jo Firey wrote:

It takes a month after the implant while the surgery site heals before the
turn it on. Until then I won't know if or how well it will work for me.

All purrs and prayers and good thought will be most gratefully appreciated.

I haven't been able to follow many threads lately, but you will be
getting six sets of the best purrs from LA that you will come through
this totally healed.

Regards and Purrs,
O J
Old April 17th 05, 01:15 PM
Lisa Katt

Many purrs and prayers
from Elisabet and Hugo Katt

Jo Firey skrev i meddelandet ...
As some of you know I have been waiting a long time, hoping to have

Cochlear
Implant surgery to allow me to hear.

Last July my insurance cancelled the surgery less than 24 hours before I

was
due to have it done. And nearly two months after we had set up the
schedule. It cost me the chance to go to Newfoundland with some of my
cousins and the chance to talk to my brother after he became ill and before
he died.

I have been resolutely refusing to even think about the whole thing since
then. Going to my appointments and taking the hearing tests but blanking
the whole thing out of my mind. April 4th I went in for another hearing
test which I failed miserably. That's a good thing. Since last July I've
been on disability long enough to get Medicare and my hearing is bad enough
to meet their requirements for the implant.

I was most surprised when they scheduled the pre-op for April 18 and the
surgery for April 28. Much less lead time than a year ago. And I'm told
there has been a very recent major upgrade to the implants. I didn't say
anything here because I've been sticking to the refusing to think about it
routine.

Until yesterday when they called and moved my surgery up to the 19th. I
immediately went into panic mode. I felt like the room temperature dropped
15 degrees. But I've found ways to stay distracted and at this rate I'll

be
busy getting things done that need to be done before surgery right up till
its time to go.

Old April 18th 05, 03:27 AM
badwilson

I'm so behind, I just saw this. Most definitely sending mega purrs
for you!
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Old April 18th 05, 03:45 AM
hobbs

Jo, I wish you all the best and will be purring along with Wilson
for your operation to be a major success, take all our love and
hope into the hospital with you Hugs and Hugs and Hugs
Jean.P,

Old April 18th 05, 01:32 PM
Lesley Madigan

"Jo Firey" wrote in message ...
As some of you know I have been waiting a long time, hoping to have Cochlear
Implant surgery to allow me to hear.

Jo

Redunzel and Sarrasine are purring up a storm for you!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old April 18th 05, 03:56 PM
Debra Berry

Purrs and best wishes for your surgery. I'm glad it is coming together
for
you this time.

Debbie Berry