It's been nice, but...

Old August 30th 05, 06:24 PM
theresa

CatNipped,
It is sad that your daughter had to leave the dogs behind but at
least the family was able to make it to your house. Who knows, the
dogs may be able to survive. I know there are some rescue groups going
there to help. I wonder if word could get to them to check the area
for the dogs?

I wouldn't say the dogs' deaths, if that's what happens, are your
daughter and SIL's 'fault'. They had to make a decision, and did the
best they could. I will send healing prayers and purrs to you and your
family, esp. the little girls who probably can't comprehend what is
going on.

Purrs,
Theresa

Old August 30th 05, 06:29 PM
Nan

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 08:20:05 -0500, "CatNipped"
wrote:

This group has enriched my life, but I just can't deal with the few @$$holes
determined to make me feel worse than I already do right now.

I still haven't heard anything from my mom - I don't know if she got to
safety before the storm hit or not, Sunday was her 80th birthday and I
didn't even get a chance to tell her happy birthday. Even if she is safe,
her home has been destroyed. My son-in-law's cousin is still missing along
with the foster children she was caring for.

I haven't heard from either of my brothers or their wives (I do know from
the news that their homes are under 25 feet of water), I haven't heard from
any of my nieces or nephews (again, except that their homes are under
water). My mother-in-law and sister-in-law and my daughter's home are under
water, so they'll be here with us for some months to come (thank God). We
know absolutely nothing about neighbors and friends we grew up with except
that their homes are either destroyed or are under water too.

And yes, my daughter's dogs are probably dead, and yes, it was my daughter
and son-in-law's fault - but as hard as that is for us to bear, it still
pales in light of the larger tragedies.

Departing purrs would be greatly appreciated.

Hugs,

CatNipped

CN, don't you dare leave us. I think we all need to be like the guy
who got kicked by the jacka$$: consider the source and forget all of
the jerks who have not found it in their hearts to have compassion for
you and all of those who have been affected by this horrendous
catastrophy. In other words, KILLFILE the jerks. I did!

Purrs and Hugs,

Nan
Old August 30th 05, 06:39 PM
hopitus

"Jo Firey" wrote in message

"hopitus" wrote in message

Darlin, our kill files would work better if those we really don't want to
killfile would refrain from replying to, or at least from quoting the
dregs.

I know, I forget too.

Jo

Very good point. That was mostly a rant on my part. I manage my life very
well w/o help from cat ngs. Lost control temporarily.

Old August 30th 05, 07:04 PM
-L.

hopitus wrote:
I don't consider you a perp or troll; you got issues

LOL...don't we all?

but @
least your posts are honest; you are who you are and non-apologetic. Never
assume because majority of us say nada re never-ending posts of a few that
we support what they post. As you know, some people have zero common sense.
What you say is result of what *I* said: putting your business in "street"
of 'Net.

Points well taken.

Of course I would never leave my cats behind to a 'cane.....I'm old
FL cracker stock...we rode out every 'cane when I lived there...for Andrew
we (cats included) were all in bathtub under a
queensize mattress. But we aren't talking about me; I've heard (read) more
than I ever wanted to know about some posters' personal lives here and the
last thing they need is encouragement to feed us more of it (gag).

Bingo.

Sidebar: I've been briefly to one infertility ng to lurk and I *do* have
empathy for those people, being a parent. I would like to let them know my
'rents were trying 10 years before I, the oldest, arrived to their great
joy, then
4 years later, my sister, 5 years later, 'lil 'bro. Why don't you tell 'em
for me? I don't hang there.

I will do. Thanks.

-L.

Old August 30th 05, 07:12 PM
-L.

Karen wrote:
Well, I disagreed too.

Really? Where? All I saw was a bunch of people "purring". That's
hardly disagreement.

I totally believe that the dogs could have been
planned into an evacuation, and indeed, anyone on the coast is a nut if they
do not have a specific evacuation plan that includes the entire family
(incouding pets) but I'm not on her case. It is useless. It doesn't help the
dogs. It's not going to help some phantom future dog out there.

It might. Maybe it will make someone think twice before doing
something so utterly cruel.

It just
turns people off.

So be it.

And you are definitely enjoying this.

Don't pretend to know what I do and do not enjoy. I certainly do not
enjoy reading about dogs drowning. Why couldn't Cat**** just refrain
from posting about it? It would have saved dozens of people grief.

It's just as wrong,
IMO and accomplishes nothing except your own self satisfaction. All it has
done is turn this into you and your enemies own little private war thread.

Um, yeah, whatever. Keep reading.

-L.

Old August 30th 05, 08:17 PM
Karen

"-L." wrote in message
oups.com...

Karen wrote:
Well, I disagreed too.

Really? Where? All I saw was a bunch of people "purring". That's
hardly disagreement.

I do not wish misery on anyone. I do not doubt that CN's kids were simply
not prepared. Looking at the Superdome situation and the small amount of
preparedness the government is showing, how can I fault them? I am not God
and I cannot judge that situation. I can only say that *I* would have tried
stuffing those dogs in the truck on top of my kids if need be. I don't know
the situation so I can't say if what happened was right or wrong. And it is
certainly not going to correct anything. You appear to be happy to dance on
those dogs graves for your own needs to continue the long standing feud.
Just as Trish probably could care LESS about the situation but is using it
to dance on YOU. Stop the g*dd*mmed cycle.

I totally believe that the dogs could have been
planned into an evacuation, and indeed, anyone on the coast is a nut if

they
do not have a specific evacuation plan that includes the entire family
(incouding pets) but I'm not on her case. It is useless. It doesn't help

the
dogs. It's not going to help some phantom future dog out there.

It might. Maybe it will make someone think twice before doing
something so utterly cruel.

And probably most stopped reading or killfiled you. YOu are dreaming if you
think you are doing a service to anyone except maybe Trish and HER puppets.

It just
turns people off.

So be it.

And you are definitely enjoying this.

Don't pretend to know what I do and do not enjoy. I certainly do not
enjoy reading about dogs drowning. Why couldn't Cat**** just refrain
from posting about it? It would have saved dozens of people grief.

It's just as wrong,
IMO and accomplishes nothing except your own self satisfaction. All it

has
done is turn this into you and your enemies own little private war

thread.

Um, yeah, whatever. Keep reading.

-L.

Nope. I believe I will be killfiling you now too. This was never about the
dogs for you no matter what you say here.

Old August 30th 05, 10:13 PM
Yowie

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

You look after yourself and your family, its going to be a tough few months.
And if that means you have to leave this group, then we'll understand - you
have far more important things to worry about, and there is no need to
apologise.

Purrs to your family and yourself, and the dogs, and all the other people
(fur and bare) who have suffered because of Katrina.

*hugs*

Yowie

Old August 30th 05, 10:14 PM
Gracecat

Hops, there has been several national guard units deployed. Everybody in the
guard that can be spared has been sent, plus the coast guard, additional
police officers and whatnot.

"hopitus" wrote in message
News from Times-Picayune I just looked @ - what 'Nipped predicted *did*
come true: some big part of some waterwall down there gave 'way from
pressure, and da**ed if Lake Ponchartrain isn't flooding neighboring
parishes, but bigtime! Pics too. Local rescue authorities are overwhelmed
by lack of communication to rescue residents from their temporary
lifewaving high-level whereabouts and - I was surprised - looting is
rampant all over NO and beyond. What surprised me is that their law
enforcement evidently doesn't have as good a handle on looting as that in
s.FL. Looting there is sparse and isolated and if law not around, local
furious citizens likely to gang up on looters and do them bodily harm....
I can't understand why NO or higher authorities don't call in the military
to keep order PLUS rescue and cleanup of flooding. Military (I think)
doesn't need land-line communication means and have specific training for
disastes like this one. It ain't over yet, folks.
As for my cuzzins in LA delta area, they have no phones to speak of and
would have to get to Houma and/or Thibideaux to communicate w/anyone. I
trust in their down-home 'Cajun craftiness to have protected them when K.
turned east and the eye must've gone right over their areas.That's all I
can do for now.

"Exocat" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
This group has enriched my life, but I just can't deal with the few
@$$holes
determined to make me feel worse than I already do right now.

I still haven't heard anything from my mom

Purrs for your family.

Litterbox offerings to the the trolltrash.

Empathetic human compassion for you & what you've been going through.

Hope that you can return to us in the future.

Yours
Gordon, Bandit, Snowball, Claudius & Raki
+ the spirit of Pericles

Old August 30th 05, 10:19 PM
Gracecat

"-L." wrote in message
oups.com...

hopitus wrote: They're all on
'Nipped's case because she has once more "put her business in the street"
as
they say on Miami's mean streets.

Bull****. I'm on "Nipped's" case because she thinks it is perfectly
fine to leave dogs behind to drown, and even has the nerve to post
about it here. That so many of you support this type of choice is
extremely appalling. Would you EVER leave your cats behind? Ever? Of
course not. There is no excuse for this type of animal neglect.

The only one in that family who deserves sympathy are those poor dogs.
I at least hope they went without too much struggle.

-L.

Newsflash Bitch... The people were instructed to leave animals at home or
THEY WOULD NOT BE ALLOWED SHELTER!

So, whatcha gonna do, sit and drown in your home, or hope the pets make it
in your home... OR! be forced to release them in downtown French Quarter?

And for your information I have no idea of CN's family tried or not. Not the
problem here. but I did have friends and very dear people try to leave.
Guess what, they couldn't. The interstate was gridlocked. But I guess they
should have blinked their eyes and alacadabra, Guess WHAT L!!! ! We
magically saved our dogs and ourselves by flying on a broomstick to an
animal friendly shelter.

I don't say it to too many people because I know how tragedy hurts but
someone really should come in and cause as much personal pain to you as
humanly possible.