cats hate a changes in a big way

Old March 25th 06, 12:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default cats hate a changes in a big way

This week I had some renovations, painting done in my home and took the
cats to Petsmart for boarding while this was being done. Picked them
up Tuesday night and all went well with the boarding except the people
lost a screw from my cat carrier and it took a while to find that.
They did offer to give me a NEW cat carrier if they didn't find the
screw. Why they unscrewed the cat carrier I don't know.

Anyways, the home is beautiful and painted and I now have crown molding
all around. I love it.
But, the painters messed up the cable for the TV and I couldn't watch
TV all week in the living room. My cats are used to the routine. I
come home from work, we all eat, watch TV in the living room, I brush
them at 7pm and then bedtime which they move over to the bedroom to get
their spots.

Casey, my 10 yr. old Himmie, just couldn't handle this. He would walk
into another room and just meow and howl for hours... from 4-11pm. He
would just walk around into the rooms and meow and meow and meow and
louder and more exaggerated each time. This has been going on since
Tues. and now it is Friday!

I know cats hate a change, but this is so ridiculous. I picked him up
and carried him around and he still acts like this.

All should be back to normal Sunday and we can pick up the routine.

Old March 25th 06, 12:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-03-24, yepp penned:
This week I had some renovations, painting done in my home and took
the cats to Petsmart for boarding while this was being done. Picked
them up Tuesday night and all went well with the boarding except the
people lost a screw from my cat carrier and it took a while to find
that. They did offer to give me a NEW cat carrier if they didn't
find the screw. Why they unscrewed the cat carrier I don't know.

Probably storage? If they have a lot of carriers from boarders, it
would take less space to stack the pieces.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old March 25th 06, 01:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-03-24, yepp penned:
This week I had some renovations, painting done in my home and took
the cats to Petsmart for boarding while this was being done. Picked
them up Tuesday night and all went well with the boarding except the
people lost a screw from my cat carrier and it took a while to find
that. They did offer to give me a NEW cat carrier if they didn't
find the screw. Why they unscrewed the cat carrier I don't know.

Probably storage? If they have a lot of carriers from boarders, it
would take less space to stack the pieces.

Yes, you are right. If they take apart the carrier, it does make room
for stacking them. But, out of 24 cat rooms, only 4 were occupied this
week. I guess the practice is for them to dismantle all carriers for
storage though.

Old March 25th 06, 06:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"yepp" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Explain to Casey that he has it good. We had painters in for a week and a
half and the cats were home the whole time. Mostly they stayed outside, but
then again the door were wide open most of the time and Molly had a crush on
one of the painters.

I still need to get the last of the blinds back up and the pictures up. My
cats will think they are in a strange house if I ever get it all done.

We had a parakeet that was fixated on Prime Time. Promply at 8PM he would
start chattering his fool head off. Didn't realize that we didn't all come
into the room and sit down just to listen to him.

Jo

Old March 25th 06, 11:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

yepp wrote:

This week I had some renovations, painting done in my home and took the
cats to Petsmart for boarding while this was being done. snip
Casey, my 10 yr. old Himmie, just couldn't handle this. He would walk
into another room and just meow and howl for hours... from 4-11pm. He
would just walk around into the rooms and meow and meow and meow and
louder and more exaggerated each time. This has been going on since
Tues. and now it is Friday!

I know cats hate a change, but this is so ridiculous. I picked him up
and carried him around and he still acts like this.

All should be back to normal Sunday and we can pick up the routine.

Lots of calming purrs,
Polonca and Soncek

rec.pets.cats: Traditional Siamese Breed-FAQ Laura Gilbreath Cat Information 0 October 19th 05 05:35 AM
performing cats Norm Cat anecdotes 0 September 18th 05 03:32 AM
rec.pets.cats: Traditional Siamese Breed-FAQ Laura Gilbreath Cat Information 0 October 29th 04 05:23 AM
Indoor cat..quality of life? blair thompson Cat health & behaviour 420 September 14th 04 11:46 PM