A sister for Frogmella

Old February 12th 06, 03:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default A sister for Frogmella

Frogmella, you wicked thing! I hope she calls you Waynetta when she
grows up!

Congrats from Marcia and Otis

Old February 13th 06, 11:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

In message , Irulan
writes
CGTS! I bet she turns into a beauty fit to be Miss America

I dunno. She's definitely at the Romanian shotputter end of the
market...
--
Mogget
Old February 13th 06, 11:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

In message , Yowie
writes
Congratulations Mogget.

Anyone who goes on to have another one *on purpose* has my greatest
admiration! heck, anyone who manages to stay sane (hahahaha) with even one
kid get smy admiration!

Nah. I gave up on sanity the first time round. Vastly over-rated. And
I must admit, it wasn't exactly on purpose.. it'll be the snip for Mr
Mogget next. I'm very glad I now have two lovely daughters but after
last time I would never have been brave enough to say hey, let's have
another one.

I hope you enjoy it as much as any person can possibly can, and she sleeps
through at an early age!

Actually, she's pretty good already. I generally only get one night
waking, but the trouble is that it's usually two or three hours before I
can get her settled again. So I can manage a couple of hours sleep
before she wakes, and maybe another two hours afterwards... not fun, but
way better than Froggie was, if you recall.

And yes, thank you, I am enjoying it so very much more than last time,
unsurprisingly, since I was such a wreck then. Katie is very easy to
love.

Kisses to both of bare kittens,

Certainly :-) And to the Yowlet.
--
Mogget
Old February 13th 06, 11:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

In message .com,
writes
Frogmella, you wicked thing! I hope she calls you Waynetta when she
grows up!

Heh. It's just her screen name, to give her a little privacy.

And besides... it's exotic.

:-)
--
Mogget
Old February 14th 06, 06:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 00:09:28 GMT, Mogget
wrote:

Spudulika is here.

Actually she's been here for quite a while, 18 days, and it's only now
that I've found the time to post.

The short story: Baby girl born just after midnight on Monday 23rd
January, 10 lb 2oz, by C-section, after 19 hours of labour. Named
Katherine (Katie). Middle name tbc, probably Isabel, to give initials
KIT, to compare with her sister CAT.

The medium story: I went into labour spontaneously - progress over last
time - at 5am Sunday morning, after a night where I got no sleep (too
damn uncomfortable). No mucking around, straight into minute-long
contractions three minutes apart. The first twelve hours of labour were
quite manageable. I coped by walking round the block with my tens
machine on, hanging off lamp-posts & belly-dancing every time a
contraction hit, and not giving a damn how stupid I looked, and half
expecting neighbours to chase me off with broomsticks. All was going
swimmingly, the baby was perfectly anterior and I was up to 9cm, and the
midwives persuaded me to get into the birthing pool which meant taking
the tens machine off (big mistake) because they thought I was so close,
then it all went completely pear-shaped. Contractions became
unbelievably agonising and after another five hours of this I had gone
back to 5cm. Buggers. Midwives decided it was time to transfer to
hospital which was fine by me as by this time I was screaming for
another caesarean. Hospital took quite a few hours to give me said
caesarean. My gut feeling for some hours had been that it wasn't going
to work, I wasn't going to be able to get this baby out via the usual
route. I was right, too, because when they opened me up it was found
that the baby had turned & was completely posterior. Looks like at some
point the head had gone back up, so the cervix had undilated, and she
had turned round. Her size was a shock. Nobody had expected her to be
so effing enormous. We had all been expecting her to be 8lbs or so. But
10lbs and posterior - couldn't be done.

So after all that, it was still major surgery, but that's ok, because it
was necessary. My recovery has been much better this time.

Will try to get a pic, but she's not the photogenic angel that Froggie
was. Is.

Congrats on the new arrival! Sorry it didn't work out the way you
hoped, but glad you are both healthy and well!

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.moonsummer.com
Animals in Movies Website)