OT - Chronic Pain Management Experience?

Old October 13th 08, 05:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

Default OT - Chronic Pain Management Experience?

Chillies are supposed to be helpful through and I gather there
is an anti-inflammatory cream made from them, which has done well
in trials

That's been around for a very long time

There is a cream I make from Habanera (?) peppers with bees wax
and olive oil. My husbands Doctor prescribed a type of this for
his arthritis but I found I could make it cheaper and Bob thought
better.

Habanero. A habanera is a kind of dance, presumably from Havana
originally. Chili cream was first used as a treatment for anal
itching, and I imagine you would do some interesting dance steps
after first putting it on.

One of the big tunes in Bizet's "Carmen" is a habanera, and I don't
think I'm ever going to hear it the same way again as a result of
your posting...

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====
Old October 14th 08, 03:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla[_2_]

"John F. Eldredge"
I am not a doctor, but I have heard that narcotics are addictive only if
you are taking more than is required to offset the pain. Of course, the
margin between "enough to kill the pain" and "enough to get addicted" may
be fairly slim in some cases. Also, how long you are on the narcotics
makes a difference as well. After a while, the body stops producing as
much of its natural pain-killers, so you are dependent upon more of the
narcotics in order to achieve the same amount of pain relief.

My experience with narcotics is limited to having had morphine for a few
hours for pain relief after surgery. It works well for such short-term
usage, and didn't leave me with any cravings afterward.

I have osteoaritis, the bone kind, both my legs feel like they're broken,
but as I've stated many times before, without ANY health insurance, I cant
have anything done for them.
I wish I could take any kind of anti-inflammitory, but my somach will bleed
so I have to take 2 kinds of narcotics to even be able to function at all.
I'd rather have that 'monkey on my back' because I have a life to live and
if anyone wants to call me an addict, then so be it. What would you want me
do? Take OTC pain meds that don't work and be withing in pain all day. No.
I will NOT do that. Nobody really knows the amount of pain anyone is in
except 'that' person, and nobody should judge or call someone an addict if
they choose to take narcotics.
If you need them, take them and don't be a martyr about your pain.

Kyla

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Old October 14th 08, 11:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Rhonda[_3_]

Kyla, I just caught this. You don't have any medical insurance at all?

In Washington, there's a state program for very cheap medical insurance
so that everyone can be insured. I think it starts at something like $15
a month.

If you haven't heard of it -- email me and I'll look up the name of it
and the URL. It's got to be less than the amount you're paying for two
types of narcotics with no insurance.

Rhonda

Old October 16th 08, 05:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_4_]

"Rhonda"
Kyla, I just caught this. You don't have any medical insurance at all?

Nope, they (the Government) took 'mine' away from me Aug 1, 2007
because we're $19 over the poverty level. :/
When I turned 62, last year, I got a small stipend that put us that
'measly' amount over the poverty level.
How dare they? Everyone should have affordable medical insurance.

In Washington, there's a state program for very cheap medical insurance so
that everyone can be insured. I think it starts at something like $15 a
month.

I won't qualify, I can tell you that right now And I don't want them to be
looking into my husband's disability, which they might deem as frivolous,
and cut his off, then we'll be living in the streets.
He had to fight so hard to get his disability insurance in the first place.
We belong to AARP and have read some real horror stories about health
insurance. .

If you haven't heard of it -- email me and I'll look up the name of it and
the URL. It's got to be less than the amount you're paying for two types
of narcotics with no insurance.

I doubt if they'll take someone with pre-existing conditions.
Could you please send me an e-mail with the URL to
. I'll gladly look at the info, but I'm not too
hopeful. I have trouble with my Outlook e-mail sending someone a 'new'
e-mail. Same with Yahoo.
Thank you so much for your help.
Hug
Kyla
--with a sleek kitty massaging my hip purring loudly

Rhonda

Old October 16th 08, 03:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

On Oct 15, 10:08*pm, "Kyla =^..^=" wrote:
"Rhonda"

Kyla, I just caught this. You don't have any medical insurance at all?

Nope, they (the Government) took 'mine' away from me Aug 1, 2007
because we're $19 over the poverty level. :/

That sounds like State Medicaid. Are you on Social Security
Disability? Just a yes or no, as it's really none of my business how
much or anything. The reason I say sounds like State is because I
have no doubt that my husband makes more than you and yours do, and my
Medicare is still intact.

Have you looked into getting Medicare? No, it doesn't cover
everything, but it covers some of the major medical, and NO you don't
make too much money for it.

When I turned 62, last year, I got a small stipend that put us that
*'measly' amount over the poverty level.
How dare they? *Everyone should have affordable medical insurance.

Check with Social Security, they even have a website so you don't have
to *start* at their office. You'll eventually have to go into their
office, but they try to make it easier for people.

I won't qualify, I can tell you that right now And I don't want them to be
looking into my husband's disability, which they might deem as frivolous,
and cut his off, then we'll be living in the streets.

If your husband is on Social Security, then another state's program
(not even the one you live in) is not going to be able to remove his
disability, it doesn't work that way, okay?

There are insurance programs out there for people, and I think that's
what she's suggesting.

He had to fight so hard to get his disability insurance in the first place.
We belong to AARP and have read some real horror stories about health
insurance. *.

If you haven't heard of it -- email me and I'll look up the name of it and
the URL. It's got to be less than the amount you're paying for two types
of narcotics with no insurance.

I doubt if they'll take someone with pre-existing conditions.

Have you been diagnosed with a severe health issue, by a physician
with the records to back that up? Pre-existing is only for a certain
length of time. OA may NOT be considered pre-existing because it
varies from person to person. You won't until you try, and if they
say no, you are in no worse a place than you were before.

Old October 16th 08, 09:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_4_]

"Smokie Darling (Annie)"

Sweetie, could we take this to e-mail? I don't want to discuss it here

Thanks
Hug
Kyla

On Oct 15, 10:08 pm, "Kyla =^..^=" :
"Rhonda"

Kyla, I just caught this. You don't have any medical insurance at all?

Nope, they (the Government) took 'mine' away from me Aug 1, 2007
because we're $19 over the poverty level. :/

That sounds like State Medicaid. Are you on Social Security
Disability? Just a yes or no, as it's really none of my business how
much or anything. The reason I say sounds like State is because I
have no doubt that my husband makes more than you and yours do, and my
Medicare is still intact.

No, I've tried every venue possible

Old October 16th 08, 10:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_4_]

Default OT ping Smokie Darling (Annie) - Chronic Pain Management Experience?

"Smokie Darling (Annie)"

Sweetie, could we take this to e-mail? I don't want to discuss it here

Thanks
Hug
Kyla

I gave you the wrong e-mail addy, DUH
(I forgot the 'dot')
or

Thanks again
Kyla

On Oct 15, 10:08 pm, "Kyla =^..^=" :
"Rhonda"

Old October 16th 08, 10:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

On Oct 16, 3:14*pm, "Kyla =^..^=" wrote:
[...]

say no, you are in no worse a place than you were before.- Hide quoted text -

Can you spread it out, like barnabus1993 at yahoo dot com? The one
thing I detest about Google groups is that is cuts off addresses, or
just email me at that email, and we can chat there.
Old October 17th 08, 12:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_4_]

"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in message
On Oct 16, 3:14 pm, "Kyla =^..^=" wrote:
[...]

I'm sending you an e-mail at the Yahoo address now.
Hope it gets thru to you. And we can discuss things.
Thank you so much

Old October 19th 08, 10:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

CatNipped wrote:
It's been a month since my spinal surgery and, unfortunately, the pain has
not gone away - which pretty much means there was irreversible nerve damage
done (and I won't get into all those doctors I went to for 2 years who said
nothing could be done, which prolonged the time the nerve was pinched, which
ended up causing the permanent damage). I've dealt with constant pain in
the past, having Fibromyalgia, but this is a whole 'nother level of pain
from that.

I'm going to a chronic pain management clinic next Tuesday, but I'm not
really hopeful that much can be done - especially since I'm not willing to
take the most popularly prescribed medications like Neurontin or Lyrica
(which mess with your brain chemistry, have horrific side effects, and
horrific withdrawal symptoms).

I'd like to have some data on pain management when I talk to the doctor, but
haven't been able to find anything helpful on the 'net. Has anyone here
dealt with chronic pain management? If so, which
drugs/procedures/diets/other have had the most effectiveness?

I would appreciate any and all advice and experiences.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Lots and lots of purrs,
Polonca and Soncek