What are you wearing?

Old July 16th 10, 09:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default What are you wearing?

Lesley wrote:

Perfume Georgio Beverley Hills. No make up but I have my bag containg
my Christian Dior face paint nearby so that could change

I haven't been able to wear perfume since the 1970s. I shouldn't have
been wearing it then, but I refused to believe that the headaches I got
from it could possibly be caused by perfume, of all things - that just
seemed ludicrous to me. It was only later that people began to understand
how much airborne chemicals can affect people. I don't generally have
chemical sensitivities, but perfume is right under one's nose, literally.

Joyce

--
I prefer to live with Feline Sapiens, thank you very much.
Old July 16th 10, 09:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell[_2_]

"Lesley" wrote in message
On Jul 16, 12:14 pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

Perfume Georgio Beverley Hills.

Hey, I use that too! Also their "Red"
I never go out of the house without perfume.

Never tried Red might give it a sniff when my Georgio runs out....

It's an odd thing but although (No big shock for anyone who knows me
at all) I am not au fait with most things about being feminine my one
weakness if perfume if you like Georgio one you might like- got given
it as a present otherwise I never would have brought it as it;s a
celebrity perfume - "Glow by J-Lo"

Georgio is expensive enough for me!
I do occasionally use something cheaper called "Tweed" Simply because of
the name.

Tweed

Old July 16th 10, 10:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_3_]

On Jul 16, 1:49*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

Georgio is expensive enough for me!

Glow costs about the same

I do occasionally use something cheaper called "Tweed" *Simply because of
the name.

One of the classic Lentheric perfumes I like it myself

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old July 17th 10, 01:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lucys Mom[_2_]

Granby wrote:
"Birkenstocks" Grrreeeeaatt someone remembers them. Around here you have
to go online to find them.
"Lucys Mom" wrote in message
BfloPolska wrote:
Okay, this is just getting too freaky. Someone should slap me.

Blessed be,
Baha

Grey shorts, white tank top, Birkenstocks.....It's really hot here....

Remember?!?! I live in them all summer. They fit my skis, er feet,
perfectly. And I buy them online, like most everthing else. Shopping
is not my favorite thing....
Old July 17th 10, 02:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf[_2_]

On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 09:25:33 -0700 (PDT), BfloPolska
wrote:

Okay, this is just getting too freaky. Someone should slap me.

Blessed be,
Baha

At home, because it's so hot, all I wear are a pair of light shorts.

No shoes, because they are HOT.

We came 2 degrees short of setting a record for the dew point yesterday,
and today is the same.

It's NOT a dry heat here.

I have a little window AC for my bedroom, so I can sleep OK, but not for
my living room, where my computer is.

And my big desktop computer puts out a LOT of heat, unfortunately

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

---
Virus Database (VPS): 100716-1, 07/16/2010
Tested on: 7/16/2010 8:24:46 PM

Old July 17th 10, 05:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"Dan M" wrote in message
On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 09:25:33 -0700, BfloPolska wrote:

Okay, this is just getting too freaky. Someone should slap me.

Blessed be,
Baha

The usual: comfortable but ugly cotton pants, a comfortable but not too
ugly cottonshirt, tennis shoes.

Does it date me horribly that I still call them "tennis shoes", not
"cross trainers", "running shoes", or whatever trendy terms they're using
now? To me they're all "tennis shoes".

Dan

I call them "sneakers"

Jill

That's what I call canvas shoes. My leather shoes (whether running, cross
trainers, etc.) are all "athletic shoes" in my vocabulary. And that's what
I wear about 95 percent of the time.

MaryL

Old July 17th 10, 06:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

dh has no sense of smell and i am very allergic to lots of it, so i rarely
wear it at all, Lee
"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Lesley" wrote in message
; perfume by Diptyque.

Old July 18th 10, 03:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"Dan M" wrote in message
On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 09:25:33 -0700, BfloPolska wrote:

Okay, this is just getting too freaky. Someone should slap me.

Blessed be,
Baha

The usual: comfortable but ugly cotton pants, a comfortable but not too
ugly cottonshirt, tennis shoes.

Does it date me horribly that I still call them "tennis shoes", not
"cross trainers", "running shoes", or whatever trendy terms they're
using
now? To me they're all "tennis shoes".

Dan

I call them "sneakers"

Jill

That's what I call canvas shoes. My leather shoes (whether running, cross
trainers, etc.) are all "athletic shoes" in my vocabulary. And that's
what I wear about 95 percent of the time.

MaryL

I wear mesh form-fitting slippers with rubber tread on the bottom inside the
house. (I buy them at Walgreens; I forget the brand name but they're
nothing fancy. But they conform to my foot, are machine washable, no
problem if they get wet and I won't slip on a floor if it's wet.) I wear
good old flip flops if I'm walking around in the yard (the soil is very
sandy). Slip on leather sandals if I'm going into town to the grocery
store. The sandals are Earth Shoes, which have a nice toe-grip and nicely
padded heel. They're very comfortable and go well with the shorts and tank
top which is my standard attire - unless I'm working, which I'm not. I
can't stand walking around in closed shoes, no matter what we call them.
Why? Because I hate wearing socks

Jill

Old July 18th 10, 04:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_3_]

On Jul 18, 7:57*am, "jmcquown" wrote:
*I
can't stand walking around in closed shoes, no matter what we call them.
Why? *Because I hate wearing socks

I'm the opposite I hate sandals even in a heatwave I wear closed shoes
but I do hate socks- don't even own a pair, I wear tights because
otherwise if I wear nothing my shoes rub my feet and they get horribly
sweaty and knee highs always stick to me just like tights with the
added complication of sliding down and/or cutting off my circulation.
Okay it's not fun wearing tights in very hot weather but what is fun
is coming home, taking shoes off, then tights and sticking my feet
under a shower then drying them off and soaking them in
antiperspirant- Dave says he feels quite inadequate when he hears my
screams of pleasure as I do this...

Old July 18th 10, 05:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl P.[_2_]

Lesley wrote:
On Jul 18, 7:57 am, "jmcquown" wrote:
can't stand walking around in closed shoes, no matter what we call them.
Why? Because I hate wearing socks

I'm the opposite I hate sandals even in a heatwave I wear closed shoes
but I do hate socks- don't even own a pair, I wear tights because
otherwise if I wear nothing my shoes rub my feet and they get horribly
sweaty and knee highs always stick to me just like tights with the
added complication of sliding down and/or cutting off my circulation.
Okay it's not fun wearing tights in very hot weather but what is fun
is coming home, taking shoes off, then tights and sticking my feet
under a shower then drying them off and soaking them in
antiperspirant- Dave says he feels quite inadequate when he hears my
screams of pleasure as I do this...

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

I'm the exact opposite. I loathe tights (and/or pantyhose) and barely
tolerate knee-highs if I absolutely must wear the kind of dress to the
kind of occasion which requires some kind of hosiery.

During the winter, I wear socks and running shoes (or sometimes other
flat shoes if indoors; they aren't sturdy enough for outdoors and
walking). As early and late as I can manage, and all summer, I go
bare-legged and wear flat sturdy sandals. Indoors at home, I go barefoot
winter and summer (well, unless it is REALLY COLD). I also have an
ancient but very sturdy pair of plastic purple flip-flops, the kind that
are held on with a bit that go between your big and next-biggest toe.
They aren't great on tile floors, and unfortunately there are situations
in which a pair of purple plastic shoes are a trifle too informal, but I
think they're great.

--
Cheryl P.