to feed or not to feed visiting cat

Old September 28th 03, 07:15 PM
~*SooZy*~

"Sherry " wrote in message
Maybe it's just a slender cat. If that were the case, as
before I don't think it's a good idea to feed it just because you
encourage the "second home" syndrome. I still think putting a note on
the cat is the act of an asshole.

Of course it is. Someone who is more concerned with ownership and control

than
the welfare of the cat. Else the cat would have had a collar & I.D. to

begin
with. I don't think well-fed cats go out and beg for food either; in my
experience the trim cats I've had are picky eaters anyway. Then there are

the
opportunistic eaters, who who *would* eat what anyone put out, but those

that
I've had were on the heavy side.

Sherry

A slim cat (not too skinny) is a healthy cat! we always thought Bebe was
under weight but my vet said she is perfect, over weight cats are un healthy
and the owner is abusing the cat.

Old September 28th 03, 10:02 PM
Sherry

A slim cat (not too skinny) is a healthy cat! we always thought Bebe was
under weight but my vet said she is perfect, over weight cats are un healthy
and the owner is abusing the cat.

I wouldn't go as far as to say a fat cat has an abusive owner. From my
experience with rescues, they have gone so long not knowing when the next meal
is, they wolf down everything whether they're hungry or not. "Opportunistic
eating" if you will. It's difficult to keep them from overeating when you're
feeding multiple cats, and picky eaters among them. Grossly obese cats, yeah, I
guess so. But many of my rescues have been a bit on the "fluffy" side no matter
how diligent I try to be with their feeding.

Sherry

Old September 29th 03, 12:48 AM
Cheryl

In ,
Sherry composed with style:
A slim cat (not too skinny) is a healthy cat! we always thought
Bebe was under weight but my vet said she is perfect, over weight
cats are un healthy and the owner is abusing the cat.

I wouldn't go as far as to say a fat cat has an abusive owner.
From my experience with rescues, they have gone so long not knowing
when the next meal is, they wolf down everything whether they're
hungry or not. "Opportunistic eating" if you will. It's difficult
to keep them from overeating when you're feeding multiple cats, and
picky eaters among them. Grossly obese cats, yeah, I guess so. But
many of my rescues have been a bit on the "fluffy" side no matter
how diligent I try to be with their feeding.

Sherry

I am NOT abusive to Shadow!!!

Old September 29th 03, 12:48 AM
Cheryl

In ,
Sherry composed with style:
A slim cat (not too skinny) is a healthy cat! we always thought
Bebe was under weight but my vet said she is perfect, over weight
cats are un healthy and the owner is abusing the cat.

I wouldn't go as far as to say a fat cat has an abusive owner.
From my experience with rescues, they have gone so long not knowing

Old September 29th 03, 12:48 AM
Cheryl

In ,
Sherry composed with style:
A slim cat (not too skinny) is a healthy cat! we always thought
Bebe was under weight but my vet said she is perfect, over weight
cats are un healthy and the owner is abusing the cat.

I wouldn't go as far as to say a fat cat has an abusive owner.
From my experience with rescues, they have gone so long not knowing

Old September 29th 03, 04:35 AM
Sherry

In ,
Sherry composed with style:
A slim cat (not too skinny) is a healthy cat! we always thought
Bebe was under weight but my vet said she is perfect, over weight
cats are un healthy and the owner is abusing the cat.

I wouldn't go as far as to say a fat cat has an abusive owner.
From my experience with rescues, they have gone so long not knowing
when the next meal is, they wolf down everything whether they're
hungry or not. "Opportunistic eating" if you will. It's difficult
to keep them from overeating when you're feeding multiple cats, and
picky eaters among them. Grossly obese cats, yeah, I guess so. But
many of my rescues have been a bit on the "fluffy" side no matter
how diligent I try to be with their feeding.

Sherry

I am NOT abusive to Shadow!!!

Of course you aren't. Shadow isn't fat. He's.....fluffy. Right?

Sherry