Purrr request....

Old December 2nd 05, 07:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Purrr request....

Everyone is present and accounted for - under the bed. The police had
entered the house before Rusty got there to look for intruders and had
checked under the bed. All they found were 10 huge eyes staring back at
them. I'm heading home now. I'll let you know later how everyone is doing.

Julie

Julie Cook wrote:

for what I imagine - and hope - are simply five terrified felines. About
12:10 p.m. I got a call from our security company saying that the
security alarm had been tripped and they'd had to call the police. In
the past this has been caused by a cat leaping from ill-placed furniture
and setting off the motion sensor. The police come out, check that there
has been no forced entry and leave. I go home, find the police gone and
make sure the cats are alright and I go back to work. This time I
couldn't go home so I called Rusty and asked him to go. He called me
about 45 minutes ago to tell me that the police were still there because
the front door was hanging by the hinges. We've been moving some
furniture and had moved an old, "build-it yourself" entertainment system
into the front hallway until we could move it out. The only reason the
thief(s) hadn't gotten into the house is because the door jammed up
against the entertainment system. The alarm went off and because no one
was home to answer the phone the monitoring company called the police.
Rusty said he hasn't seen any of the cats yet but that the alarm was
still blaring when he got home. Lacey, Sam and Barnabus have never heard
the alarm before since it hasn't tripped in 3 years. I suspect everyone
is hiding in our bedroom under the bed and Rusty hasn't had a chance to
check on them. I think it's time for me to go home and see about the
cats because I'm not going to get any more work done today. I'm a wreck.
I just hope Sam and Hobbes (being the brave ones in the family) didn't
go out the front door between the time the thief(s) left and Rusty
arrived. Please let my kitties be home safe!

Julie

Request to join the IBCS Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 16 August 29th 05 12:48 PM
OT Odd request Karen Cat anecdotes 6 June 12th 05 12:50 PM
[OT] Another purr request, I'm afraid Yowie Cat anecdotes 32 May 27th 05 11:33 AM
Attn Phil P: OMH's response to request for Proximate Analysis Karen Cat health & behaviour 9 February 25th 05 10:44 PM
Hoomin Purr Request Stacey Cat anecdotes 25 December 15th 03 06:21 AM