It's Snowing!

Old February 11th 06, 01:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default It's Snowing!

ann791 wrote:
We should be getting snow saturday night into sunday morning.
Ann

Still bare as a baby's bum here. Not that i'm complaining, the weather
has been accordingly warm to go with the lack of snow. Only a few
frigid days here and there.

Kristy
Old February 11th 06, 04:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

dopekitty wrote:
ann791 wrote:
We should be getting snow saturday night into sunday morning.
Ann

Still bare as a baby's bum here. Not that i'm complaining, the
weather has been accordingly warm to go with the lack of snow. Only
a few frigid days here and there.

Kristy

I think despite dire predictions it's already starting to thaw out. I keep
hearing thumps as clumps of snow falls from the trees.

Jill

Old February 11th 06, 05:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

Not that the roads were terribly treacherous; people just drive slow.
*Sigh*. I'm pretty sure that, over the summer, I biked to work in
less time that it took to drive today.

Here in Finland, some people bike to work in the winter, too. You just
need special tyres. And thick clothing, of course.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old February 11th 06, 01:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 01:20:36 GMT, dopekitty wrote:

We should be getting snow saturday night into sunday morning.
Ann

Still bare as a baby's bum here. Not that i'm complaining, the weather
has been accordingly warm to go with the lack of snow. Only a few
frigid days here and there.

Calling for snow all this coming week here in mid-Michigan.

Am ready for summer!!

Old February 11th 06, 03:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 22:06:30 -0600, "jmcquown"
wrote:

dopekitty wrote:
ann791 wrote:
We should be getting snow saturday night into sunday morning.
Ann

Still bare as a baby's bum here. Not that i'm complaining, the
weather has been accordingly warm to go with the lack of snow. Only
a few frigid days here and there.

Kristy

I think despite dire predictions it's already starting to thaw out. I keep
hearing thumps as clumps of snow falls from the trees.

Jill

It's still snowing here on the Cumberland Plateau (Tennessee). It
stopped snowing last night about 8:00, but started again about 6:00
this morning. We've got about 3 inches on the ground now, but it's a
really wet snow. My pine trees have branches that are weighted down
clear to the ground.
Purrs and Hugs,

Nan and the furkids

A wise man talks because he has something to say;
a fool talks because he has to say something.
Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 140,000 groups
Unlimited download
Old February 11th 06, 04:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 19:17:50 -0600, John F. Eldredge
wrote:

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 15:25:07 -0600, "jmcquown"
wrote:

I clicked on the television, purely for Peaches to have some noise to chirp
to. What's this ticker across the bottom of the screen? School closings?
Huh? I looked out the window; sure enough, it's snowing to beat the band!
Persia's sitting at the front window staring up at the white flakes
emanating from the sky.

If I remember right, you are a fellow Tennessee resident. At my house
here in Nashville, it is currently snowing hard but melting as it hits
the ground. The weather forecast is for two to four inches
accumulation tonight and tomorrow. Nashville is in a basin hollowed
out of the Cumberland Plateau, and the higher parts of the Plateau are
supposed to get six inches or so. I was amused by the National
Weather Service warnings about "heavy snow"; although I am a lifelong
Southerner, I have seen enough deep snow elsewhere to know that two to
four inches isn't all that heavy. Since it is the weekend, and I have
plenty of groceries in the house, I plan to stay home tomorrow and
just enjoy looking at the snow, without having to drive in it.

As of now (10:13 AM Saturday morning), the only snow accumulation at
my house is on top of scattered leaves in the yard. Any snow that
directly met the ground melted, and a local TV station gives the
temperature as 32 degrees Fahrenheit (right at the freeze line). The
sky is starting to clear outside, so, although we may get a few more
flurries as the day goes by, I don't think we will have any
accumulation. The only problem will be patches of ice on bridges. Up
on the Highland Rim (the edges of the basin surrounding Nashville),
however, they do have several inches of snow on the ground.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
Old February 11th 06, 07:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

whayface wrote:
On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 01:20:36 GMT, dopekitty wrote:

We should be getting snow saturday night into sunday morning.
Ann

Still bare as a baby's bum here. Not that i'm complaining, the
weather has been accordingly warm to go with the lack of snow. Only
a few frigid days here and there.

Calling for snow all this coming week here in mid-Michigan.

Am ready for summer!!

Yeah, but you're in Michigan! LOL I expect snow up there. We rarely see
any in West TN. It was pretty but it's rapidly vanishing.

Jill

Old February 12th 06, 01:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Fri 10 Feb 2006 04:25:07p, jmcquown wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

I clicked on the television, purely for Peaches to have some
noise to chirp to. What's this ticker across the bottom of the
screen? School closings? Huh? I looked out the window; sure
enough, it's snowing to beat the band! Persia's sitting at the
front window staring up at the white flakes emanating from the
sky.

Jill

We have your snow now. Nor'Eastern, but we won't get it as bad as NYC
and Boston. I *knew* we weren't out of the woods yet, winterwise!
We've had the most gorgeous winter; temps way above normal, no snow
since early Dec. Oh well. That wouldn't have been natural, so I'm
sort of glad to see normal winter.

--
Cheryl
Old February 12th 06, 02:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-02-11, Marina penned:
Here in Finland, some people bike to work in the winter, too. You
just need special tyres. And thick clothing, of course.

A few dedicated souls do that here, too. But I think it's much more
common where you are.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old February 12th 06, 03:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Marina wrote:
Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

Not that the roads were terribly treacherous; people just drive slow.
*Sigh*. I'm pretty sure that, over the summer, I biked to work in
less time that it took to drive today.

Here in Finland, some people bike to work in the winter, too. You just
need special tyres. And thick clothing, of course.

In Yellowknife, people used to go out jogging in -40C. I thought they
were freaks ;-)
In Thailand, I see people jogging in +40C. I think they are also freaks
;-)
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown