A sister for Frogmella

Old February 11th 06, 12:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default A sister for Frogmella

Spudulika is here.

Actually she's been here for quite a while, 18 days, and it's only now
that I've found the time to post.

The short story: Baby girl born just after midnight on Monday 23rd
January, 10 lb 2oz, by C-section, after 19 hours of labour. Named
Katherine (Katie). Middle name tbc, probably Isabel, to give initials
KIT, to compare with her sister CAT.

The medium story: I went into labour spontaneously - progress over last
time - at 5am Sunday morning, after a night where I got no sleep (too
damn uncomfortable). No mucking around, straight into minute-long
contractions three minutes apart. The first twelve hours of labour were
quite manageable. I coped by walking round the block with my tens
machine on, hanging off lamp-posts & belly-dancing every time a
contraction hit, and not giving a damn how stupid I looked, and half
expecting neighbours to chase me off with broomsticks. All was going
swimmingly, the baby was perfectly anterior and I was up to 9cm, and the
midwives persuaded me to get into the birthing pool which meant taking
the tens machine off (big mistake) because they thought I was so close,
then it all went completely pear-shaped. Contractions became
unbelievably agonising and after another five hours of this I had gone
back to 5cm. Buggers. Midwives decided it was time to transfer to
hospital which was fine by me as by this time I was screaming for
another caesarean. Hospital took quite a few hours to give me said
caesarean. My gut feeling for some hours had been that it wasn't going
to work, I wasn't going to be able to get this baby out via the usual
route. I was right, too, because when they opened me up it was found
that the baby had turned & was completely posterior. Looks like at some
point the head had gone back up, so the cervix had undilated, and she
had turned round. Her size was a shock. Nobody had expected her to be
so effing enormous. We had all been expecting her to be 8lbs or so. But
10lbs and posterior - couldn't be done.

So after all that, it was still major surgery, but that's ok, because it
was necessary. My recovery has been much better this time.

Will try to get a pic, but she's not the photogenic angel that Froggie
was. Is.
--
Mogget
Old February 11th 06, 01:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 00:09:28 +0000, Mogget wrote:

[...]

Congratulations on the new arrival. She will look much better after a few
weeks. MLB

Old February 11th 06, 03:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Mogget wrote:
Spudulika is here.

Actually she's been here for quite a while, 18 days, and it's only now
that I've found the time to post.

The short story: Baby girl born just after midnight on Monday 23rd
January, 10 lb 2oz, by C-section, after 19 hours of labour. Named
Katherine (Katie). Middle name tbc, probably Isabel, to give initials
KIT, to compare with her sister CAT.

snip new baby
Congratulations! Glad to hear you are well again after an eventful
birth. I've got 11 weeks to go but I'm ready now.

Caroline S.
Old February 11th 06, 05:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Mogget wrote:
Spudulika is here.

Actually she's been here for quite a while, 18 days, and it's only now
that I've found the time to post.

The short story: Baby girl born just after midnight on Monday 23rd
January, 10 lb 2oz, by C-section, after 19 hours of labour. Named
Katherine (Katie). Middle name tbc, probably Isabel, to give initials
KIT, to compare with her sister CAT.

Congratulations, and welcome to the world, KIT!

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old February 11th 06, 10:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Mogget wrote:
[...]

Congratulations on Katie's birth! It's a pity she didn't arrive by the usual
route, but the important thing, obviously, is she arrived healthy. 10 lb
2oz, that is one big baby, you've already given her a great start in life.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Old February 11th 06, 10:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Congratulations Mogget.

Anyone who goes on to have another one *on purpose* has my greatest
admiration! heck, anyone who manages to stay sane (hahahaha) with even one
kid get smy admiration!

I hope you enjoy it as much as any person can possibly can, and she sleeps
through at an early age!

Kisses to both of bare kittens,

Yowie

Old February 11th 06, 03:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

CGTS! I bet she turns into a beauty fit to be Miss America Take care of
her and yourself.
Lily & her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come
news

Old February 11th 06, 10:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Mogget wrote:

Spudulika is here.

Actually she's been here for quite a while, 18 days, and it's only now
that I've found the time to post.

The short story: Baby girl born just after midnight on Monday 23rd
January, 10 lb 2oz, by C-section, after 19 hours of labour. Named
Katherine (Katie). Middle name tbc, probably Isabel, to give initials
KIT, to compare with her sister CAT.

snip
Will try to get a pic, but she's not the photogenic angel that Froggie
was. Is.

Congrats! I'm so glad to hear you are both well; you must have been
exhausted by such long labour and the C-section.
Lots and lots of best wishes, purrs and gentle hugs,
Polonca and Soncek

Old February 11th 06, 10:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Mogget wrote:

Spudulika is here.

Actually she's been here for quite a while, 18 days, and it's only now
that I've found the time to post.

Congratulations! Glad that you are feeling better and are back on the board.
Take it easy as you go and keep in touch.
Charleen
Mr. Pumpkin
Aggie Marble
Victor Velcro