Requesting Purrs for my Romeo, please.

Old February 11th 06, 11:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Requesting Purrs for my Romeo, please.

Hi Group,

I'm sorry I haven't been posting much lately. I've been so busy, but I do
try to keep up to date with what's going on here.

Anyway, my Romeo is in hospital now. He was admitted yesterday because he
has been losing weight gradually and eating less and less. I had scheduled
an appointment for next thursday, but I didn't think I should wait until
then, so I took him to the hospital yesterday (saturday) morning. The animal
hospital (http://www.lortsmith.com/) is going to do a range of tests to see
what is going on with him.

They've had him on IV since yesterday morning to rehydrate him. He is
feeling a little better today and eating a little.

One lot of tests showed that he may be anaemic or suffering from Leukemia.
He has elevated white blood cells and his liver may not be functioning
normally. He will be having his liver x-rayed today to see if there is a
tumor on his liver. He will also have another blood test today, specifically
for liver function. They may also have to do an ultrasound, depending on
what the x-rays reveal today.

Romeo will be celebrating his 12th birthday on March 1st.

I will keep you posted.

Purrs to all,
--
Flippy in Melbourne, Australia.
Catpage: http://www.flippyscatpage.com

Old February 12th 06, 12:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Flippy wrote:
[...]

Poor Romeo!
Some purrs and good thoughts are on their way for him.
Old February 12th 06, 12:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Flippy wrote:
Hi Group,

I'm sorry I haven't been posting much lately. I've been so busy, but I do
try to keep up to date with what's going on here.
Romeo will be celebrating his 12th birthday on March 1st.

I will keep you posted.

Purrs to all,

Our very best get well purrs for Romeo in triplicate. We'll watch for
updates. Purrs for you as we know how concerned you are.
Charleen
Mr. Pumpkin
Aggie Marble
Victor Velcro

Old February 12th 06, 12:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Purrs for Romeo, and purrs and hugs for you and Mia.

--
Joy

**Don't believe everything you think**

Old February 12th 06, 01:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 10:58:21 +1100, "Flippy"
wrote:

[...]

I do hope this is something (easily!) treatable. Romeo is too young to
be having serious health problems!

Purrs on the way!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Robert Heinlein

Life is very difficult. Once you understand that, life becomes easier.
-Buddha

Old February 12th 06, 02:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Tons of purrs and prayers for sweet Romeo. Hope he recovers fully.
Lily & her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old February 12th 06, 03:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Flippy wrote:
[...]

Purrs back to you and Romeo. May the problem be easily corrected.

--
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe
Old February 12th 06, 03:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Many purrs for poor Romeo. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's
something minor and easily treatable.
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Old February 12th 06, 04:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Anyway, my Romeo is in hospital now.

Many purrs for Romeo.

--Fil

Old February 12th 06, 04:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Flippy wrote:

Romeo will be celebrating his 12th birthday on March 1st.

Purrs for Romeo and his worried hoomins. May he celebrate many, many
more birthdays with you.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi

Purrs for Mom, Please CatNipped Cat anecdotes 20 January 25th 06 08:40 AM
Multi-purpose purrs jmcquown Cat anecdotes 22 November 23rd 04 02:16 PM
Purrs for Rosie Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 137 October 15th 04 11:36 AM
Truck Purrs jmcquown Cat anecdotes 18 October 5th 04 02:40 PM
Purrs for Lacey Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 25 November 19th 03 05:20 AM