Ack! What do I do now that I caught her!

Old February 8th 05, 04:11 AM
Karen Chuplis

Default Ack! What do I do now that I caught her!

OK, this was the funniest thing. I had to play "stern mama" but I could
barely contain myself and as empathetic as cats are, in the end it probably
didn't do a lot of good.

Pearl was feeling VERY frisky tonight. She decided to target Sugar for some
butt chasing. She likes to chase Sugar and annoy her. She always breaks of
the chase, but Sugar *doesn't* like it. My precious baby didn't even *know*
how to hiss until Pearl came to live with us. But I suppose there are worse
things to learn.

Anywho, Pearl had been stalking Sugar off and on. I would say NO and she
would sulk off. For a bit. Finally at one point, she chased Sugar and Sugar
got slowed down by running into a cat bed. Pearl actually *caught up* with
her (something that doesn't happen usually) and because of the bed, she
actually caught her. So she really ran right on top of her. She kind of
boinged right up in the air like a cartoon character and couldn't get off of
her quick enough. To be honest, it looked so delicate and springy, I'm not
sure Sugar even realized what had really happened. Once Pearl got off she
stood there looking big but definitely confused. I had to give her time out
(which did settle her down) but it was so darn funny! You could tell she had
no idea she would catch her. Probably funnier in person but I had to share.

Old February 8th 05, 05:03 AM
Jo Firey

"Karen Chuplis" wrote in message
[...]

Part of the joy of watching a cat or kitten. Every once in a while they
will do something that is physically impossible. Amazing how high they can
spring without gathering themselves up first.

Jo

Old February 8th 05, 11:33 AM
Sandra

My imagination filled in the pics on this one! It is very funny when a
smaller kitten chases the bigger one. Phoenix often instigates a chase with
Memphis, (and often catches him). He isn't at all wary or frightened even
though Memphis is still twice his size. Occasionally Memphis will pounce on
Phoenix which is really funny to watch. He leaps in the air, all four legs
extended and does a belly flop over Phoenix. You hear a little squeak, then
they start rolling around and chasing. Very funny to watch!

--
Sandra

Old February 8th 05, 02:42 PM
Holly

I love to watch mine play, expecially when they do the bunny kick to
each other. It cracks me up

Old February 8th 05, 06:26 PM
Gabey8

[[Pearl actually *caught up* with her (something that doesn't happen
usually) and because of the bed, she actually caught her. So she really
ran right on top of her. She kind of boinged right up in the air like a
cartoon character and couldn't get off of her quick enough.]]

LOL! Moments like this make me wish I had a video camera PERMANENTLY
running. I think most of us could send in a whole program's worth of
"America's Funniest Animals" video clips, if we ever had a feasible way to
train a camera on our cats 24/7. ) I know I haven't laughed so much in
AGES as I have in the two weeks since we brought the boys home.

Donna and the two kitties who oughta be TV stars, Captain and Stanley

caught the mother Ann Cat anecdotes 58 November 10th 04 09:11 PM
Shamrock caught a cicada Cheryl Cat anecdotes 59 May 28th 04 11:12 PM
Finally Caught One Hailey Cat health & behaviour 2 March 24th 04 02:18 AM
I caught him!!! Long Don & Lisa Cat anecdotes 1 November 25th 03 09:18 PM
caught the kitten Aimee S Cat rescue 2 November 7th 03 06:20 AM