Benefiber?

Old July 6th 06, 09:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Default Benefiber?

Poor Meep is still having some constipation problems. She gets as much
water and wet food as she'll eat... and as she's very fussy, I doubt
she'd go for the pumpkin that has been suggested before.

I was wondering, is Benefiber (the clear, tasteless people fiber supp)
safe for cats? What would the dosage be? I'd mix it into her wet food.

If it's safe, has anybody used it on their cats? What were the results?

Thanks for any help!

jmc
Old July 6th 06, 12:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

On Thu, 06 Jul 2006 17:35:12 +0930, jmc
wrote:

Poor Meep is still having some constipation problems. She gets as much
water and wet food as she'll eat... and as she's very fussy, I doubt
she'd go for the pumpkin that has been suggested before.

I was wondering, is Benefiber (the clear, tasteless people fiber supp)
safe for cats? What would the dosage be? I'd mix it into her wet food.

If it's safe, has anybody used it on their cats? What were the results?

Thanks for any help!

jmc

I give our twelve year old Katie, 1/4 tsp three times a day and it
works quite well. Just ensure you add some extra water to the food so
there's no issue with dehydration.

Good luck!
Old July 6th 06, 04:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Gary Brown

I was wondering, is Benefiber (the clear, tasteless people fiber supp)
safe for cats? What would the dosage be? I'd mix it into her wet food.

Our kitty has been on 1/2 tsp mixed into his food twice a day for almost
a year. It works better than the pumpkin it replaced and he is much
happier. He hated the pumpkin.

Benefiber is generous with $1 off coupons.

Gary