Why I like cats better than most people

Old June 29th 08, 11:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Default Why I like cats better than most people

We have more regulars than you would think and if nothing else, we have
taught them to pick up the strays and take them to safety. Being they drive
truck, the shelters seldom refuse to take cat/dog. It is great.
"tanadashoes" wrote in message
m...

"Granby" wrote in message

Many a trucker has taken a boxed up animal to a shelter where we tell
him. They take a picture of the place when they get there and email it to
us.

One man didn't do that and we were worried he may have redumped. Six
weeks later he cam back through and had the two dogs in the truck with
him. He said "they wouldn't get out of the truck when I got there, what
was I to
do?"

I wouldn't know about that. snicker That's how we got Huey, MCG,
Squeakers (now living with his human on a farm in South Dakota), and
Diamond. Nope wouldn't know about that one bit. I like your friend, the
trucker. He's my kind of Samaritan.

Pam S.

Old June 29th 08, 11:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Well, thanks to the couple that took them, they are alive now!!
"Kathy" wrote in message
. ..
"Granby" wrote in message
The lady called today and said the little black and whit boy had lungs
full of fluid but, thought he would make it. The bitty girl has a cold
but nothing serious. Bec ause of the rescue of sorts, the vet is only
charging them cost for the medicine. Some purrs for the two would be
appreciated.

Lots of purrs for them. Sounds like they were off to a rough start but
y'all helped them out.

--
^..^

Kathy P.
Woodgie's Gramma

Old June 30th 08, 06:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Granby" wrote in message
I have a t-shirt that says

I am not a Bitch,
I am THE Bitch
AND, that is MIZ Bitch to you.

Only wore it a couple of times, not very nervy when it comes down to
it.

Love it. With some t-shirts just owning them is enough.

Jo

Old June 30th 08, 06:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

You are right and, if you sew up the sleeves and bottom, stuff with filler
and sew the neck they make good throw pillows for the bedroom.

Old June 30th 08, 06:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 15:33:28 -0500, Granby wrote:

The lady called today and said the little black and whit boy had lungs full
of fluid but, thought he would make it. The bitty girl has a cold but
nothing serious. Bec ause of the rescue of sorts, the vet is only charging
them cost for the medicine. Some purrs for the two would be appreciated.

Sending our best purrs for the little ones.

Old July 1st 08, 10:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Granby wrote:
When I went to the Rest Area for work today, I found two baby kittens,
probably just barely weaned if indeed that was the case. Upon the cleaning
crew looking around, we found two dead kitties in the parking lot.

Someone just dumped them. We fed the two as best we could and, with people
traveling with their pets got some of the kitty milk and gave them that. We
don't have a shelter in our town so the only way we could get them to one
was to lie and say we found them in that town. I was prepared to do that
when BAST intervened and sent an elderly couple who fell in love with the
two little ones. They went into town and bought a carrier and all the
necessities. They said their cat at home was 18 and they would love to have
the little ones. With me standing there, they called their daughter and
asked if she would agree to take them if anything happened to the old folks.
She agreed and it was settled. Gave them my card so they could report back.

I just don't see how anyone could do such a thing, dumping and driving off.

I love happy endings!
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek
Old July 1st 08, 10:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Granby wrote:
The lady called today and said the little black and whit boy had lungs full
of fluid but, thought he would make it. The bitty girl has a cold but
nothing serious. Bec ause of the rescue of sorts, the vet is only charging
them cost for the medicine. Some purrs for the two would be appreciated.

Lots of purrs for the kitties. What a great vet!
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek