And...

Old April 24th 10, 01:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Default And...

Christina Websell wrote:
I cannot see if I go outside into bright light from dull. Or the reverse.
My eyes say no.
I have to get a torch if I want to see what is in my cupboards.
There are all sorts of visual impairment.
I'm getting negative from my new manager at work, she wants to me perform
better than my sight allows me to do.

You may already have one, but if not I find a head torch very useful for
looking into dark spaces, especially if you need both hands free.

--
Adrian (Owned by Bagheera & Shadow)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart
Old April 24th 10, 01:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Christine BA wrote:
24.4.2010 5:55, Marina kirjoitti:
Yowie wrote:

I hate the thing, and only bring it along when I'm going to be out for
a long period of time. I personally would prefer a bat belt, or
camo-pants with an infnite number of pockets. I really despise having
to carry a bag, and am most miffed that back-packs are now out of
fashion again since min broke. I jsut wasn't blessed with the sort of
shoulder than can keep a bag on easily.

I don't have that sort of shoulder, either. Recently, I bought a
shoulder bag (because Mum always commplained when I brought a backpack
to the theatre or some other 'posher' environment). I went to the
theatre with it. I had a terrible time trying to get it to hang on my
shoulder. I had to lift it up all the time, I tried pulling on the bag
to keep the strap pressed to my shoulder, I tried to hold the strap all
the time at the shoulder, but my arm started hurting at being bent that
way for a long time. I don't know how anyone manages to carry a shoulder
bag.

Normally, I use a big, camo-coloured backpack with a lot of pockets.

I wear my bag strap across, in other words the bag hangs on the other
side of the shoulder where the strap "originates" from... Even though my
mum keeps telling me that's how mentally handicapped people wear their
bags. Not sure of her source of info, and I don't care, as I really
don't want to keep hitching the bag up every five seconds...

So mentally handicapped people can be more sensible in some ways. :-)

Old April 24th 10, 03:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Suz

Default Apple Crisp

On Apr 20, 10:53�pm, "Matthew"
wrote:
"Yowie" wrote in message

ing.com,
Matthew typed:
INGREDIENTS FOR ONE BATCH OF APPLE CRISP:

1 cup (125 g / 4 oz) all purpose flour
1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) ground cinnamon
1-1/2 cup (330 g / 12 oz) lightly packed brown sugar
1 cup (90 g / 3 oz) oatmeal
1 to 2 tsp (5 to 10 ml) apple pie spice (or substitute your favourite)
2/3 cup (150 g / 5 oz) softened butter or margarine

6-8 medium apples
lemon juice (optional)

METHOD:

Preheat oven to 375�F (190�C.) Grease a 9" x 13" (20 x 30 cm) baking
dish.
Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Cut in the butter. I
just do this with a dinner fork. You don't need a fancy pastry
blender or anything. It doesn't have to be perfect, but try not to
have any really large lumps in it. Set aside this crumb mixture while
you prepare the apples.
Pare, core and slice apples. I make them a little on the thick side
because I like to take a bite of a good chunk of apple when I'm
eating, but if you have the patience to slice them thinly and you
like your apple crisp that way, you should go ahead and prepare them
that way. Feel free to use your food processor to cut down on slicing
time!
At this point you can squirt a little fresh squeezed or bottled lemon
juice on the apple slices if you like to prevent oxidation, but this
is a matter of personal taste. The apples will change colour from the
spices and the baking anyway. Arrange your sliced apples in the
bottom of your baking dish. Again you can get really pretty with this
and arrange all your uniformly cut slices so they overlap in the pan,
but you don't have to. Unless you're shooting a cooking video nobody
will ever see your artwork but you.

Drool factor 6

isnt' that just Apple Crumble?

Yowie

close to it- Hide quoted text -

How does a crunch differ from a crumble?

suz&spicey
Old April 24th 10, 04:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 06:11:32 +0000, bastXXXette wrote:

Yowie wrote:

wrote:

Suggestion: bring a small flashlight and keep it in your purse. Even
if you never go into that mall again, you might encounter a
lightless bathroom somewhere else.

Nah, I need a bat belt with all the tools of the motherhood trade.
Wipes, spare clothes, bandaids, drink, small toy (for distraction in
boring situations), spare clothes, tissues, kiddy tylenol, mobile
phone, keys, earplugs, emergency sewing kit, torch, screwdriver/nail
file, sticky tape, sunnies, etc etc

or, in other words, a giant and unfashionable tote bag where all that
sort of stuff along with a mysterious sock, some fluff covered candy,
hair pins, ex-tissues, small change, an old and out of fashion half
melted lipstic, a few tampons etc etc all sit in the bottom and
jingle

In other words, the one you already have?

Joyce

My mother liked large purses. She used to carry a little doll-house
sink, about two inches long, in her purse, so that she could pull it out
and say, "I have everything in my purse INCLUDING the kitchen sink."

--
John F. Eldredge --

Old April 24th 10, 04:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

Yowie wrote:

[...]

I have to carry a laptop computer to and from work, and have learned to
always hang the strap from the opposite shoulder. Otherwise, as my
shoulders are somewhat sloped, the computer bag invariably slides off my
shoulder at some point.

--
John F. Eldredge --
Old April 24th 10, 04:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 22:04:42 +0000, bastXXXette wrote:

Yowie wrote:

I personally would prefer a bat belt, or camo-pants with an infnite
number of pockets. I really despise having to carry a bag, and am
most miffed that back-packs are now out of fashion again since min
broke. I jsut wasn't blessed with the sort of shoulder than can keep
a bag on easily.

Is a "bat belt" the same as what we might call a "waist pack"?

"Bat-belt" is a reference to the comic-book superhero Batman, who wears a
utility belt containing an unlikely variety of tools. I have been known
to refer to my belt as a "bat-belt", as I commonly have a cell-phone, a
Leatherman multi-tool, a key-ring, and a bag containing my blood sugar
meter, insulin, and other medicines, hanging off of my belt. My current
belt has a series of grommets spaced along the full length, and the bag
with my medical equipment is slung off of a carabiner hooked through one
of the grommets.

--
John F. Eldredge --
Old April 25th 10, 07:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_3_]

On Apr 25, 11:34*am, Suz wrote:

Thanks Sherry and Marina. I'll try not to be a stranger, but might be
strange sometimes.

Then you're in good company- we're all strange sometimes!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old April 26th 10, 12:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Lesley wrote:
On Apr 25, 11:34 am, Suz wrote:

Thanks Sherry and Marina. I'll try not to be a stranger, but might be
strange sometimes.

Then you're in good company- we're all strange sometimes!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Strange is normal round here. :-0