add and kitten

Old December 20th 04, 01:28 AM
Mary

"Tanada" wrote in message
nk.net...
Mary wrote:

Hey OJ, where did you get "Video Catnip?"

I'm not OJ, but I bought our copy at the local PetSmart. Unfortunately,
our cats don't like to watch it, so I'm donating it to our local TED.

Pam S.

Ahh, I see. Next Petsmart trip I'll have a look, thanks.

Old December 20th 04, 06:21 AM
O J

Mary wrote:

O J wrote:

---------------------snip----------------------
Normally my half dozen don't bother with the TV, but if we put on the
cat video called, "Video Catnip", which features birds and squirrels,
they want to go through the screen or get behind the TV.

Hey OJ, where did you get "Video Catnip?"

We saw an ad on TV, which is no longer running, but a web search
turned up the "Video Catnip" DVD which includes the original
twenty-five minutes of birds and squirrels plus an extra hour. You
can play it on your TV if you have a DVD player or on your computer
(as if you needed another reason to have cats between you and your
keyboard). Here's the URL: http://www.cattv.com/VideoCatnipDVD.htm

They're $17.95 for one or $27.95 for two so you can give one to a
friend. If you like to look at pictures of cats watching TV, check
out the web site g.

Regards and Purrs,
O J Gritmon
Old December 20th 04, 08:50 AM
O J

Pam S wrote:

Mary wrote:

Hey OJ, where did you get "Video Catnip?"

I'm not OJ, but I bought our copy at the local PetSmart. Unfortunately,
our cats don't like to watch it, so I'm donating it to our local TED.

It mentioned on the web site for which I posted the URL that
inside/outside cats don't seem to be as impressed as strictly indoor
cats, which mine are. There are any number of web sites that sell it,
as well as (apparently) some pet stores.

Regards and Purrs,
O J

Old December 20th 04, 05:25 PM
Rhonda

Our cats LOVE "Purrfect Video." It looks boring to me, squirrels running
around, mice hopping, etc., but the cats alternate between sitting
quietly to watch it and attacking the TV.

It is here if interested:

http://www.naturespet.com/petmusic.html

Rhonda

Old December 20th 04, 11:16 PM

Ok, I just have to jump in here with the TV thing.

Not exactly TV, but my older cat watches out the window as if it were a
TV. If a squirrel comes to the bird feeder (a good 10-15 feet away
from the window) her tail starts twitching and she chirps. I've never
had another cat chirp, but she does. I don't know how she can tell
this from a TV squirrel - she's far enough away that the animals
outside completely ignore her, and smells shouldn't be travelling
what's typically upwind through the window. Any ideas how she can tell
the difference?

Second, she LOVES, and I mean LOVES to chase the mouse pointer on the
computer monitor.

The young cat seems to have a thing for Seinfeld. If I put that on he
stretches out across the coffee table staring at the screen. I think
he did that for one movie once, but otherwise ignores the TV entirely.
Although to be honest, his attention span doesn't last an entire
episode, usually only the first 5-10 minutes.

Old December 20th 04, 11:31 PM
Stormin Mormon

The folks at my local humane society call it "kitty TV"

My former feline owner used to also love to watch the mouse pointer on the
screen.

--

Christopher A. Young
Keep Jesus Christ in CHRISTmas