fleas

Old June 16th 05, 05:23 AM
graciedv graciedv is offline
Junior Member

Location: IL
Default fleas

Help. I recently brought in a stray cat who we treated with "revolution." I found a few "live fleas" on his blankie.

How do you get rid of fleas in your house...

also, can you bath your cat afterwards to get all the dead fleas off?
Old June 17th 05, 05:30 AM
KellyH

"graciedv" wrote in message

Help. I recently brought in a stray cat who we treated with
"revolution." I found a few "live fleas" on his blankie.

How do you get rid of fleas in your house...

also, can you bath your cat afterwards to get all the dead fleas off?

Vaccuuming really well helps. The fleas should die off since your cat has
been treated. It's not really neccessary to give him a bath, you can comb
out the dead fleas.

--
-Kelly

Old June 17th 05, 08:21 AM
IBen Getiner

graciedv wrote:
Help. I recently brought in a stray cat who we treated with
"revolution." I found a few "live fleas" on his blankie.

How do you get rid of fleas in your house...

The only sure way is total incineration or total freezing...

also, can you bath your cat afterwards to get all the dead fleas off?

--
graciedv

Boy, are you in for one hell of a lesson

IOW....
IBen Getiner

Old June 17th 05, 07:15 PM
Brad

On 17 Jun 2005 00:21:18 -0700, "IBen Getiner"
wrote:

graciedv wrote:
Help. I recently brought in a stray cat who we treated with
"revolution." I found a few "live fleas" on his blankie.

How do you get rid of fleas in your house...

The only sure way is total incineration or total freezing...

also, can you bath your cat afterwards to get all the dead fleas off?

--
graciedv

Boy, are you in for one hell of a lesson

Boy are in the midst of a horrible life........the poster is asking a
question, not making a statement and you feel the need to chide her,
does that make you feel like a big man?

Brad

LIFE'S JOURNEY IS NOT TO ARRIVE AT THE GRAVE SAFELY IN A
WELL-PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN SIDEWAYS, TOTALLY WORN OUT,
SHOUTING... " HOLY @#$%... WHAT A RIDE!"

Old June 17th 05, 07:32 PM
Biskybabe

On 2005-06-16 21:30:01 -0700, "KellyH" said:

"graciedv" wrote in message

Help. I recently brought in a stray cat who we treated with
"revolution." I found a few "live fleas" on his blankie.

How do you get rid of fleas in your house...

also, can you bath your cat afterwards to get all the dead fleas off?

Vaccuuming really well helps. The fleas should die off since your cat
has been treated. It's not really neccessary to give him a bath, you
can comb out the dead fleas.

When we just had bunnies, I didn't want to use any of the flea
treatments on the bunnies. So we washed the bunny room carpet, treated
it with one of the hormone / inhibitor products and vacuumed
frequently. The fleas were gone within a month.

Now that we have cats, I treat the cats with Advantage and the carpets
with the flea inhibitor to keep the overall flea load in the house at a
minimal.

We do have a feral cat who comes in and out of the house and the
kittens are allowed into the back yard to play. That's why I think
treating the carpets is so important in our situation. I've also
treated the back yard with an outdoor type treatment, although I don't
know how useful that is. The feral doesn't roam far, but she does roam.

bisky

Old June 17th 05, 09:48 PM
IBen Getiner

wrote:

graciedv wrote:
Help. I recently brought in a stray cat who we treated with
"revolution." I found a few "live fleas" on his blankie.

How do you get rid of fleas in your house...

The only sure way is total incineration or total freezing...

also, can you bath your cat afterwards to get all the dead fleas off?

--
graciedv

Boy, are you in for one hell of a lesson

Boy are in the midst of a horrible life........the poster is asking a
question, not making a statement and you feel the need to chide her,
does that make you feel like a big man?

Brad

Everything I said is the total truth. Why do you feel so threatened by
it? Your inseurities are showing, Brad. (just another femenized male, I
see.)

IBen

Old June 17th 05, 09:50 PM
IBen Getiner

wrote:

graciedv wrote:
Help. I recently brought in a stray cat who we treated with
"revolution." I found a few "live fleas" on his blankie.

How do you get rid of fleas in your house...

The only sure way is total incineration or total freezing...

also, can you bath your cat afterwards to get all the dead fleas off?

--
graciedv

Boy, are you in for one hell of a lesson

Boy are in the midst of a horrible life........the poster is asking a
question, not making a statement and you feel the need to chide her,
does that make you feel like a big man?

Brad

Eveything I said was the total truth. Why do you feel so threatened?
Your insecurities are showing, Brad (just another femenized male, I
see).

IBen

Old June 18th 05, 08:34 PM
IBen Getiner

wrote:
-

graciedv wrote:-
[...]

Thank you for sticking up for me Brad!! :-)

Brad couldn't protect himself if he was being assaulted by a butterfly,
let alone help you. He'z another of today's feminized little male
cowards who'll never in a million years come out from behind hiz
mother's skirt.

I was only asking an
honest question... I love cats and only want to do the right thing.

Gracie

--
graciedv

And I was only trying to provide an honest answer. I know what I'm
talking about when it comes to fleas. I had them so bad in my yard that
my pest control company declined to offer me an extended deal on my
contract. My 85 LB Lab was struck down with flea anemia and needed
three units of blood or she would have died. I used every conceivable
poison on that yard. Tobacco dust. Lime. Chlordane. The only thing that
worked was a straight week of freezing temps AFTER I soaked the
offending area with the water sprinkler for 24 hrs.
I don't know what you and your little sissy friend brad found soooo
friggin' offensive about my initial post.. I was only telling the
truth. I was trying to help you, GRACIE...

IBen Getiner

Old June 19th 05, 12:22 AM
John Doe

"IBen Getiner" wrote:

wrote:
-

graciedv wrote:-
[...]

like someone talking tough over the Internet

From: "IBen Getiner" Lappcatt AOL.com
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Subject: fleas
Date: 18 Jun 2005 12:34:45 -0700