Colour of cat = personality of cat?

Old May 2nd 06, 02:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.troll,rec.nude

Default Colour of cat = personality of cat?

On Tue, 02 May 2006 14:40:20 +0100, Ellie Bentley
wrote:

IBen,

You really have written ridiculously, you know. Your anger has only
made me laugh!

Maybe you should stop hopping up and down and stop perusing the posts on
a group that is dedicated to the health and behaviour of cats? Don't
you think that would be a sensible thing for you to do?

Bye-Bye, IBen.

Watch it or his alter ego Jon Young will edit your posts. He calls
that a bitchslap.....LOL
Old May 2nd 06, 06:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Ellie Bentley wrote:
IBen Getiner wrote:

I'll just bet you thrive on astrology, too.. Colour of cat = your life
is predestined by where those big balls of fire in the sky were the day
you were born. Same shellac..
You are a lunatic, Ellie.

No, IBen Getiner, I am not a lunatic. I also have no time for
astrology.

I do not close my mind off from any rational line of enquiry either.

Clearly, you failed to read my line regarding the correlations that DO
exist, and are documented as existing, between different genetic
features within one organism.

Go apply your mind to some book of challenging text!

Ellie.

You must be new here. Just killfile the idiot.
Old May 2nd 06, 06:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Ellie Bentley wrote:

Stemming right back to Edgar Allan Poe's short story "The Black Cat"
there has been a perception that "little black cat" is usually bright,
intelligent, and utterly loving and devoted. (Although some times the
bright intelligent black cat has been associated with the supernatural!)

My black cat fits this description perfectly. Highly intelligent, very
vocal, and completely devoted.

As for ginger cats, well, "The Ginger Tom" has a traditional reputation
for being a somewhat independent cat which is out there prowling around
and behaving like "one of the lads".

My tan/silver Tabby is very independent and definitely acts more like a
"cat" than the black one.

The thing is, my black cat and my ginger cat fit both of these
traditional perceptions PERFECTLY!

What is more, my black cat and my ginger cat are TWIN BROTHERS who have
been treated with exactly the same love and attention since birth. They
are both about 18 months old.

My boys aren't biological brothers but they were adopted at 3 months
old, one month apart so the've had virtually the same "upbringing."

So what do people think?

I've heard this before so I think you're on to something.

Is there are theme here? Do the colours of a cats' coats relate to
their general behaviour?

I asked a professional biologist about this and he says there are many
instances elsewhere in the animal kingdom where one genetic
characteristic (even such as colour) is synonymous with another feature
or behaviour.

All anecdotes (or even pointers to academic studies!) most gratefully
accepted.

Ellie.

Old May 2nd 06, 11:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Ellie Bentley wrote:
joanieb wrote:
The animal shelter
told me they have the most difficulty finding homes for back cats. My
kitty had been there two months.

Thanks. More evidence of the "demonization" of "The Black Cat".

That's true in almost every shelter. The black cats are the last to
go.

Maybe these little creatures feel the rejection and so work harder to
get the affirmation of humans - in much the same way as children in
large families who feel alienated or somewhat unwanted work hard to earn
attention.

It takes a special person to truly appreciate the black cat in all of
his glory. They are very special kitties.

-L.

Old May 3rd 06, 09:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Shardonnay wrote:
You must be new here. Just killfile the idiot.

Thanks, Chloe! :-) (24!)

Ellie.

Old May 3rd 06, 03:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Ellie Bentley wrote:
Shardonnay wrote:

You must be new here. Just killfile the idiot.

Thanks, Chloe! :-) (24!)

Ellie.

Chloe???

Old May 4th 06, 04:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

I do not have grooming experience, but I have been a cat lover of MANY years
and with my own experiences:

My tuxedo cat was a gentleman with a bit of an "attitude" when he wanted to
be, and VERY picky about his litter box.

My black cat was a lover and EXTREMELY self centered. This cat spooked
easily.

My mom's black cat would STOP at the sign of the cross...*do do do do*

My RED tabby was basically the stereotypical "red headed wild child".

My orange tabbies are LOVERS, and will actually reach for me to demand MORE
lovin.

My snowshoe siameses I've had (one passed away Sept. 2004 at 17 *cries*) were
lovers...but ONLY to me...to anyone else...they were LUCKY if that was "the
day" they acknowledged them. haha

Kristi

--
Mom to 4 felines and 1 canine.
Support Animal Welfare!!!
Old May 4th 06, 10:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Shardonay wrote:
Chloe???

Your comment was so Chloe . . . in TV series "24". (THE most exciting
drama series on TV, now in its 5th series.)

Ellie.

Old May 4th 06, 03:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Ellie Bentley wrote:

Shardonay wrote:

Chloe???

Your comment was so Chloe . . . in TV series "24". (THE most exciting
drama series on TV, now in its 5th series.)

Ellie.

Ohhhhhhhhhh.

The only thing I use my TV for is baseball, The Sopranos, and DVDs ;-)