Playing Kitten Hide and Seek

Old June 30th 08, 01:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Charleen Welton

Default Playing Kitten Hide and Seek

The kittens got themselves into an inaccessible, to humans, place in the
Kitty Klubhouse. It took David and Larry three hours to dismantale a third
of the KK to reach them. Well the little things weren't there when David
and Larry got there! The noise and movement had driven them to the bottom
of the KK which is a double wide wooden pallet. So another hour to find
materials to jack up and put the KK on blocks so the guys could reach the
kitties. "No thank you," they said, "we're fine here." Larry had a great
idea, we stuffed their space with towels to make it smaller and the little
ones tumbled right out into the guys hands. Ah, all is well (for now only,
they aren't finished with us yet!).

Into a large dog crate they went with food, water, a treat of cream, a
snuggly big towel to borrow into. After they ate we played with them and
they played with toys in the crate. The crate had been damage at an airport
and the door replaced with a plastic close mesh screen which is closed with
a bungie cord against which we put David's briefcase. I went to bed early,
the briefcase was replace with a small piece of board, the pressure being
half way up the screen. Well, you can probably guess what happened during
the night.

This morning I tra-la-la'ed into the living room with a dish of kitty food,
and fresh water, opened the crate door and NO KITTENS. Gone again. David
and I have looked all over for them but can't find them. They are in the
house, no doubt of that. They will come out when they get hungry. I'm sure
Aggie will let me know when she finds them. She won't hurt them.

This is not the way I envisioned the situation, I should be on the floor
playing with kitties now. Instead I am outlining a book of BCT to be
published when they are 5 years old as I am sure it will be quite thick by
then!

Charleen

Old June 30th 08, 01:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
LesleyM via CatKB.com

Charleen Welton wrote:

This is not the way I envisioned the situation, I should be on the floor
playing with kitties now. Instead I am outlining a book of BCT to be
published when they are 5 years old as I am sure it will be quite thick by
then!

I think they are trying to tell you they like the names Hide and Seek

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old July 1st 08, 03:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Charleen Welton wrote:

This is not the way I envisioned the situation, I should be on the floor
playing with kitties now. Instead I am outlining a book of BCT to be
published when they are 5 years old as I am sure it will be quite thick by
then!

It's all very well to make plans, but never expect them to come true
with kittens. Purrs that you (or Aggie) find the boys soon.

Old July 1st 08, 05:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Charleen Welton

Well the boys created a club up the inside back of one of the sofa's and
they didn't want to leave it. Larry and the sofa have the scratches to
prove that fact!

Back into the crate with all kinds of barricades in place for the night..

Freedom Morning had arrived. Food, water, litter box, toys, lots of toys in
the office ready for them. Victor looking in through the flap approving,
Aggie looking in through the glass door decided it was okay. The kittens
came out of the crate as though they were launched from cannons. Into the
office and of course at first they were nervous. But soon they were playing
with Larry, the,"I'm a dog person", who wouldn't give me a chance to play
with them!! Geesh!

Larry went on a service call and I had some shopping to do (at PetSmart).
No kittens here on my return. I surely do hope they are curled up sleeping
someplace in this office or I'll be wiriting another chapter in their BCT's
book!

Charleen