Holiday Cards (Felinitations)

Old August 25th 09, 09:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Holiday Cards (Felinitations)

Christina Websell wrote:

Victor Martinez wrote:

Christina Websell wrote:

Not "holiday cards" what's that supposed to mean?

It means that not everybody in the group is a christian or celebrates
x-mas.

Yes, I realised that already.
But the fact remains that if you send out cards in December they are
Christmas cards, whether or not you celebrate Christmas, that's what they
are.

Did you see my post from yesterday on this, Tweed? I said the same thing.
I agree 99%.

(The 1% I don't agree is when someone actually sends a Chanukah card
that says "Happy Chanukah" on it, not "Happy Holidays", and it's sent
*during Chanukah*, not 3 weeks later. Ditto on Solstice or whatever
other holiday one might celebrate at that time. On the other hand, the
very act of sending a card for these other holidays is something of
an imitation of what one does at Christmas, so that's why I disagree
only 1% instead of, say, 10%. )

Joyce (hey, the .sig that was chosen today is sorta relevant! )

--
JANUARY 1, 1000: This was the historic day that humanity celebrated
the dawn of our current millennium. The occasion was marked by
Old August 25th 09, 09:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Default The "holiday season"

Christina Websell wrote:
It really annoys me.

You're missing the point. You can send x-mas cards if you want. Someone
else can send winter solstice cards if they want. Another one can send
holiday cards if they want.
We use the expression "holiday cards" to be inclusive of those of us who
do not send x-mas cards for whatever reason we may have.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old August 25th 09, 09:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Christina Websell wrote:
ictor Martinez wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:
Not "holiday cards" what's that supposed to mean?

It means that not everybody in the group is a christian or celebrates
x-mas.

Yes, I realised that already.
But the fact remains that if you send out cards in December they are
Christmas cards, whether or not you celebrate Christmas, that's what they
are.

Tweed

Not necessaruly. I, for instance have quite a few birthdays to remember in December.

I like Christmas cards, but also receive " Greetings of the Season".
IMHO Grateful to be remembered. MLB

Old August 25th 09, 09:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Adrian" wrote in message
om...
Christina Websell wrote:
ictor Martinez wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:
Not "holiday cards" what's that supposed to mean?

It means that not everybody in the group is a christian or
celebrates
x-mas.

Yes, I realised that already.
But the fact remains that if you send out cards in December they
are
Christmas cards, whether or not you celebrate Christmas, that's
what
they are.

Tweed

Absolute nonsense, if you don't believe in the existance of Christ
how can they be Christmas cards?
--

Perhaps we could agree on the wording 'greeting cards' since holiday
appears to have different connotations in different places. In the

We consider late November to early January holiday season since
there are quite a few in that time period.

It is also the traditional time for pretty much everyone, Christian
or not to exchange cards and keep in touch with family,
acquaintances and associates. Would be a shame to give it up due to
a difference or lack of religious beliefs since for many it is the
only time all year they are in contact with lifelong but distant
friends and relatives. It is the only time I hear from my
childhood best friend and neighbor and catch up on her family and
the only time I bring her up to date on my life and family. I've
only seen her once in the last forty years. I'd hate to lose that.

As far as celebrations, the house across the street that belongs to
the Sikh family has the best "Christmas" decorations on the block.

Jo

Old August 25th 09, 11:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

"MLB"
Christina Websell wrote:
Victor Martinez wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:
Not "holiday cards" what's that supposed to mean?
It means that not everybody in the group is a christian or celebrates
x-mas.

Yes, I realised that already.
But the fact remains that if you send out cards in December they are
Christmas cards, whether or not you celebrate Christmas, that's what they
are.

Tweed

Not necessaruly. I, for instance have quite a few birthdays to remember
in December.

I like Christmas cards, but also receive " Greetings of the Season". IMHO
Grateful to be remembered. MLB

I feel that way too Martin. Thank you.
Kyla

Old August 26th 09, 01:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Kyla =^..^= wrote:
"MLB"
Christina Websell wrote:
Victor Martinez wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:
Not "holiday cards" what's that supposed to mean?
It means that not everybody in the group is a christian or celebrates
x-mas.
Yes, I realised that already.
But the fact remains that if you send out cards in December they are
Christmas cards, whether or not you celebrate Christmas, that's what they
are.

Tweed

Not necessaruly. I, for instance have quite a few birthdays to remember
in December.

I like Christmas cards, but also receive " Greetings of the Season". IMHO
Grateful to be remembered. MLB

I feel that way too Martin. Thank you.
Kyla

Who is Martin? MLB
Old August 26th 09, 02:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Victor Martinez wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:
It really annoys me.

You're missing the point. You can send x-mas cards if you want. Someone
else can send winter solstice cards if they want. Another one can send
holiday cards if they want.
We use the expression "holiday cards" to be inclusive of those of us who
do not send x-mas cards for whatever reason we may have.

And I celebrate Yule (jul in Swedish and joulu in Finnish). Yule has
been celebrated here in the north since the dawn of time (heh, it's a
solstice feast), eons before Christianity reached us.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old August 26th 09, 03:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Marina" wrote in message
Victor Martinez wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:
It really annoys me.

You're missing the point. You can send x-mas cards if you want.
Someone else can send winter solstice cards if they want. Another
one can send holiday cards if they want.
We use the expression "holiday cards" to be inclusive of those of
us who do not send x-mas cards for whatever reason we may have.

And I celebrate Yule (jul in Swedish and joulu in Finnish). Yule
has been celebrated here in the north since the dawn of time (heh,
it's a solstice feast), eons before Christianity reached us.

--

According to many historians, an great many Christmas traditions
have been adopted in whole or in part from Yule. Including the time

Me, I just like a nice fire in the fireplace, and we always reserved
the biggest and best fireplace logs for Christmas eve as a nod to
the ancient Yule log. That way we can easily start a fire on
Christmas morning from the hot ashes.

Jo

Old August 26th 09, 05:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

Kyla =^..^= wrote:
"MLB"
Christina Websell wrote:
Victor Martinez wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:
Not "holiday cards" what's that supposed to mean?
It means that not everybody in the group is a christian or celebrates
x-mas.
Yes, I realised that already.
But the fact remains that if you send out cards in December they are
Christmas cards, whether or not you celebrate Christmas, that's what
they are.

Tweed

Not necessaruly. I, for instance have quite a few birthdays to
remember in December.

I like Christmas cards, but also receive " Greetings of the Season".
IMHO Grateful to be remembered. MLB

I feel that way too Martin. Thank you.
Kyla

Who is Martin? MLB

Um, oops? I'm so bad with names, yeah, that's it...heh. Sorry, I
'thought' I read, when I first joined and read one of your posts, that
Martin was your first name, is all
If not, my mistake, and I apologize, but I do read and enjoy your posts,
whoever you are ..
Kyla

Old August 26th 09, 05:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

"Marina"
Victor Martinez wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:
It really annoys me.

You're missing the point. You can send x-mas cards if you want. Someone
else can send winter solstice cards if they want. Another one can send
holiday cards if they want.
We use the expression "holiday cards" to be inclusive of those of us who
do not send x-mas cards for whatever reason we may have.

And I celebrate Yule (jul in Swedish and joulu in Finnish). Yule has been
celebrated here in the north since the dawn of time (heh, it's a solstice
feast), eons before Christianity reached us.

Yule be happy when the when the song
'wreck the malls with cows on Harleys' is sung.
Uff Da.
Kyla & Mosey
Know what you call a fear of Christmas?
Claus-trophobia