Purrs for sick kitten, please

Old May 5th 04, 02:23 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

Default Purrs for sick kitten, please

I went to the local Pet Smart yesterday, and in their adoption center there
was a small, 8-10 week old kitten, white with black or grey spots. Poor
thing was so tiny, had a very bad cold (URI), snot running down it 's
adorable pink nose, and had poop & cat litter stuck to it's butt. When I
went back to adopt the kitten (even though I already have 4 healthy, if
somewhat lazy (yes, even Weeble), cats at home) after I had to discuss it
with DH, kitten was gone! I inquired and the MOD said it had been taken
back to the shelter it originated from - about 50+/- miles north, in the
next county (Martinsville, in Morgan County)!

Well, I feel so bad for that tiny thing, and I'm kicking myself for not
acting impulsively when I first saw it - I can only hope that they didn't
euthanize it when it got back to the shelter. I did find the shelter's
website and emailed them asking about the welfare of the kitten, and if it
would be at all possible that I donate money for the medical care of this
kitten, if not adopt.

I haven't heard back from them yet, but according to their website, they are
closed on Wednesdays, and they were already closed by the time DH & I got
home yesterday evening.

Please, can everyone send lotsa purrs that the kitten is still alive and is
getting treatment?

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Old May 5th 04, 02:29 PM
Kreisleriana

On Wed, 05 May 2004 13:23:34 GMT, "Magic Mood Jeep©"
yodeled:

[...]

Yes yes yes.

Theresa

Single-mindedness is all very well in cows or baboons; in an animal
claiming to belong to the same species as Shakespeare it is simply disgraceful.
(Aldous Huxley)

Old May 5th 04, 02:36 PM
JBHajos

wrote:

Please, can everyone send lotsa purrs that the kitten is still alive and is
getting treatment?

Oh, absolutely!!! Many, many purrs are on their way. Fingers and
paws crossed, hoping the kitten will get help and be all right. Will
be thinking about him/her.

Jeanne

Old May 5th 04, 03:23 PM
lrulan

aw, of course, purrs and prayers that the little one survives. You have a
kind soul.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

"Magic Mood Jeep©" wrote in message
[...]

former-blonde

Old May 5th 04, 04:27 PM
Christine Burel

Bigtime purrs that you're able to get this little one -- purr!
Christine, Omar, Oreo, Midnight, Robin & Tucker

Old May 5th 04, 04:29 PM
Marina

"Magic Mood Jeep©" wrote

Please, can everyone send lotsa purrs that the kitten is still alive and

is
getting treatment?

Lots of purrs coming over for the poor little mite. Don't beat yourself up,
you can't save them all.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki