TED vs Hissing Bitty Horror

Old October 27th 04, 12:41 AM
Enfilade

Default TED vs Hissing Bitty Horror

Yesterday we had to take the bitties to the vet for their annual
checkup. Tyche, not having been since her spay last December, went
nicely into the box.

Kumani however was seriously ill this past spring with some sort of
virus. She spent 3 days at TED's getting IV treatment and having her
progress monitored, and came home every night (the vet figured that
since she was so scared she would certainly not eat or sleep there; so
he had us bring her home so she could rest, and take her back the next
morning for more IV)

And apparently six months was not enough for her to forget as she
threw a flip trying to get her in the crate.

Eventually I succeeded and off we went to the Vet. Kumani yowled the
whole way, agitating her sister (likely with tales of the vet being a
pervert who gets her jollies from putting thermometers up bitties'
behinds)

We got the man-vet, Dr Chisholm, and as soon as Kumani saw it was him
and not Dr Scott (who cared for her when she was sick) she went right
to being her usual friendly and inquisitive self.

Tyche however...

Tyche turned into Ms. Hyde.

Last January my mom tried to pick Tyche up by the scruff, not knowing
this was inappropriate for a six month old kitten. It must've pinched
because Tyche hissed...and from then on, hissed at ANYONE who wasn't
me or DP. Mom and Dad, Nana and Papa, inlaws Paul and Shelley, the
repair guy, DP's brothers, our friends Amy and Brian...everyone got
the hiss except occasionally my buddy Jon (who the bits had seen
fairly regularly all their lives). Even Jon wasn't immune. About a
month ago Tyche gave up the hostility and was being actually friendly
to Paul and Shelley and DPs brothers.

Well, likely not any more.

It took the vet AND the vet tech to hold Tyche down for her shot as
her hisses turn into snarls. She was glaring the vet right in the
eyes, challenging him.

Cripes, when she was a bitty Dr Scott couldn't hear her heartbeat
because she would NOT...STOP...PURRING...at all the whole time she was
in the vet's office.

DP was downright embarrassed by this shameful display...none of our
cats had ever done this before.

--Fil
Old October 27th 04, 10:05 AM
O J

On 26 Oct, Enfilade wrote:

Tyche however...

Tyche turned into Ms. Hyde.

Oh Dear!! It's a funny story, but in all seriousness I hope she
becomes a little more social with other humans. What must the vet
have thought!

Regards and Purrs,
O J