OT - Really down today

Old April 23rd 08, 02:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default OT - Really down today

As some of you may know, I have a problem with situational depression - and
the "situation" has been really bad lately (overwhelming financial worries,
things breaking, "must" purchases (our refrigerator broke beyond repair),
severe health problems*, etc.). The news DH gave me last night seemed to be
the last straw!

* Most worrying is my continuing problem with severe iron deficiency.
Monday my doctor said he'd like me to see a hematological oncologist, but I
haven't met my deductible yet so I can't schedule it for a couple of months
yet.

Anyway, DH works for a help desk company that used to contract out to AT&T
internet service. His company lost that contract but picked up the contract
for Sprint cell phone help desk service. When they merged the people from
AT&T into those already working for Sprint, DH ended up losing a LOT of
seniority. With the loss of seniority came the loss of being able to pick
decent hours/shifts. He was told last night that new schedule is 12:30PM to
9:30PM Saturday through Wednesday with Thursdays and Fridays off. Since I
have to be in bed before 10:00PM this means I'm not going to be seeing my
husband except for an hour or two on weekend mornings before he has to leave
for work. He's going to talk to his supervisor about the possibility of
changing shifts, citing my health problems, but we have little hope that it
will change the situation.

I would greatly appreciate any spare purrs for things here to change for the
better in ANY way.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See all my masters he http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Old April 23rd 08, 03:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

CatNipped wrote:
[...]

{{{{{{{{{{{{ Lori }}}}}}}}}}}}
Lots of purrs on the way.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old April 23rd 08, 03:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

Purrs and cyber-hugs. I know this will sound rather trite, but continue to
take care of your body and soul. Get out in the sunshine whenever you can,
stay hydrated, and cuddle those kitties.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old April 23rd 08, 06:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Apr 23, 8:58*am, "CatNipped" wrote:
[...]

I'm so sorry, Lori. We were in that situation once, and we literally
had to communicat through notes left on the counter. I don't recommend
it. It was
very hard. Back then we were just trying to survive and make ends
meet,and we did what we had to do, I *pray* that Ben can convince them
to get him on a better shift.
The song "Money Makes the World Go Round" just popped into my head,
from Cabaret. I hate to say this, and as a Christian I know it's
wrong, but there aren't too many problems that can't be wrangled with,
if not solved, if with money. Isn't that a practically blasphemous
thing to say?? I keep hearing how winning the lottery ruins lives,
but I'd sure like to have a shot at disproving that, LOL.

Sherry
Old April 23rd 08, 06:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobblespin

"CatNipped" wrote in
:

[...]

We went through that for a few years many moons ago - he'd hand me the
car keys when he got home from the night shift so I could drive to work,
then he'd wake up and go to work when I was ready for bed. Looking at
the glass being half full... at least your DH didn't lose his job, and
this makes it easier for getting things fixed on the car, house, etc.
and appointments, and taking cats to the vet without losing time off
work. Hopefully, this crappy shift won't last too long.

Purrs,
Bobble
Old April 23rd 08, 06:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Sherry wrote:

The song "Money Makes the World Go Round" just popped into my head,
from Cabaret. I hate to say this, and as a Christian I know it's
wrong, but there aren't too many problems that can't be wrangled with,
if not solved, if with money. Isn't that a practically blasphemous
thing to say??

I don't think that's blasphemous at all. You're not saying that money is
all you care about. I read you as saying that *not* having enough money to
deal with your day-to-day expenses, much less unforeseen crises, makes
life far more difficult than it would be if you did have enough money for
those things. And you're absolutely right.

I had a friend years ago who I used to think was "addicted to crisis".
It seemed like every time I talked to her, some big problem was happening
in her life. In my mind, I thought of her as a drama queen who almost
seemed to need to be in crisis in order to function, or something. There
certainly are people like that, so it wasn't a totally off the wall idea.

But then I thought about it and I realized that many of the problems she
had could have been very easily solved with extra cash. This person lived
almost hand-to-mouth. She did have a place to live, but barely had enough
money to pay for anything else. Of course she had no health insurance, nor
did she have a car, or any of the conveniences that most people of even
moderate means take for granted. Example: one time she was mugged on the
street, and she lost her front teeth when they threw her to the ground.
And then she walked around for months with no front teeth because she
didn't have insurance or the cash to pay for a bridge!

Bless her heart, she was also a caretaker of a large number of indoor
and outdoor stray cats and ferals. She did have the assistance of a
rescue group, which kept her supplied with kibble and litter, but she
couldn't pay for vet expenses, so every time a cat had a medical problem,
that was a crisis. As was just the pure logistics of getting the kitty
to the vet.

It's true that this woman had a lot of emotional instability, and she
was also emotionally expressive, so when she had a problem, you sure as
hell knew about it, in exquisite detail. Which is why I tended to think
of her as a drama queen. But I did become less judgemental of her when
I realized that nearly all her problems could be solved with enough
money to pay for her basic needs, as well as for a bit more convenience
and assistance.

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^
Old April 23rd 08, 07:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Sherry" wrote in message
[...]

Gah! Me too! Money may not buy happiness, but poverty SUCKS!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 23rd 08, 08:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

I heard a comedian once say if you are rich and miserable and you are poor
and happy what about middle income and a few good days, Lee
CatNipped wrote in message
"Sherry" wrote in message
[...]

---

Old April 23rd 08, 08:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

Gah! Me too! Money may not buy happiness, but poverty SUCKS!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Maybe not, but I'll bet you could rent it long enough to have a pretty
fine time.

Dan
Old April 23rd 08, 09:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Daniel Mahoney" wrote in message
news
Gah! Me too! Money may not buy happiness, but poverty SUCKS!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Maybe not, but I'll bet you could rent it long enough to have a pretty
fine time.

Dan

LOL! Thanks Dan, I needed that laugh! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Too hot today Mark Edwards Cat anecdotes 33 March 15th 06 03:47 AM
How is every ones' day going today NMR Cat anecdotes 18 January 18th 06 02:06 AM
2 today Adrian Cat anecdotes 24 July 8th 05 10:42 PM
Today Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 20 May 7th 05 01:04 PM
Today was a first. [email protected] Cat anecdotes 26 November 12th 04 10:05 AM