Disturbing News

Old April 20th 09, 09:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Disturbing News

Granby wrote:

I am going to say what I am thinking about this.

Maybe, just maybe he has started to "move on" with his life. Some people
can't be alone and find someone right away after their spouse dies. I know
some of you don't want to think this but, it would explain about the cats.
A new person may not like them.

Why would someone put cats outside *just in case* he happened to meet
someone who didn't like cats? Is there some rule that says that single
men with cats can't get a date? I would consider such a person *more*
attractive, myself. (And who says he's dating anyway?) This is all
speculation.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old April 20th 09, 09:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

That is exactly what I said, it was just a thought. There has to be some
reason besides meanness that would make someone go from what we all gathered
this person was to what he is turning out to be. I wish he had the guts to
say something, even if it was mind your own business to people like me.

I just cannot see turning my dead spouses cats out of the house when I had
been so crazy about them and, he seemed to welcome the help offered here for
caring for them. Who knows and it rally doesn't matter so long as she can't
be hurt by any of it. I"m done, I promise.

Old April 20th 09, 09:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Got that wrong: (WAS Disturbing News)

wrote in message
On Apr 19, 8:07 am, "jmcquown" wrote:
.. The
girls are outside. He claims they were more "destructive".

I'm crying for Chloe and Miss Pua. They;ve probably been through a
lot anyway when Kili was in hospital they would have probably been
submitted to varous family members coming in to feed them and little
more. I know when Dave was first in hospital I neglected the cats- I
didn't chuck them out, they had food, water and clean litter but for
about the first week or so I had so much to do that they were lucky to
get an occasional skritchie. In the end even through I was tired I
quite deliberately made time to play with them, brush them, talk to
them but even so I was going out in the morning, leaving them alone
all day (Whereas normally they'd have Dave for company) etc and I felt
bad about it.

But Kili's cats have had it worse- at least the girls knew me but who
knows when those poor cats were getting fed and who by, I can't say I
blame him for being with Kili but the change of routine must have
upset them..

And then Kili didn't come home...I remember Kili calling Miss Pua her
little shadow. Cats pick up on atmosphere and it can't have been a
happy one and when cats are unhappy they can get "destructive" it's
not malice it's their way of expressing unhappiness so what does he
do?

Chucks them outside...it breaks my heart to think of them hoping Kili
will come back and things will be happy and good for them again if I
was over there since he plainly doesn't seem to want them around I'd
ask to take them- okay it's another disruption and they'd have to muck
in with my two and they'd probably express their unhappiness by being
"destructive" but at least they'd be indoors Poor Miss Pua was a stray
wasn't she? She must be wondering what she did wrong having been put
back pretty much where she started from

If Alan doesn't want them perhaps someone here could offer them a home
I am pretty sure if Kili knew he was going to do this she would have
made other arrangements for them

I just can't believe someone could that to the cats Kili loved so much

And Jill don't be hard on yourself- if they need vet attention the

fact there's some money to cover it may be the only way they get it!

You think they will get the money for their vet needs?
You are more naive than I am.
I have never shared this on the group before and I hoped I wouldn't have to.
I sent the petrol (gas) money so they could go to the rpca gathering in
Florida and they enjoyed it which was good enough for me.
I had no intention of sending anything for vets bills after Kili's death.
Her husband needed to step up to the plate about this. He is not in a worse
situation than anyone here who finds themselves alone looking after cats.

Tweed

Old April 20th 09, 09:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Gandalf" wrote in message

Some people are nothing but oxygen thieves.

*Must try to calm down* Blood pressure WAY TOO HIGH!!!

Nice way to honor the memory of your wife, you poor excuse for a human
being.

There is a special place in hell waiting for you.

Try not to worry. I firmly believe in Karma and I suspect his is now
negative plus. It will catch up with him.

Tweed

Old April 20th 09, 10:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Charleen Welton

Default A few questions about Christy

Kyla, I would dash over there in a heart beat and scoop up those kitties!
But, there are three issues here at my house that have to be taken care of
first. One is that we live in the city limits where there is limit of three
cats per household, we have four at this time. Ordinarily that wouldn't
bother me but we have a neighbor who has aggressive pit bulls. When they
get out either myself or another neighbor calls Animal Control. She always
thinks it's me who calls and requests that the officer checks out our cats
tags for being up to date which she can legally do. I would have to give up
three cats if I had six.

One of the orange cats, weighing in at 14 pounds, is aggressive with Victor
Velcro. I think it is an alpha cat thing, but I'm concerned about him or his
brother hurting/accepting the two new cats.

David has to agree to being a six cat family. I've not been able to reach
him yet. Maybe tonight or tomorrow.

I'll let you know as soon as I know how this works out. If you all can find
a way to have the cats removed from Alan's non-care in the meantime and
things work out here I can get them later.

Charleen

"Kyla =^..^=" wrote in message
As I understand it, Christy's parents live in Washington State?
She mentioned in a post that her dad lived on the top of Queen Ann Hill,
in Seattle.
That's where I live, but about 15 miles South..
I kept up with her Caring Bridge site, which is still active,
From what I understand, her mom and sister went to see her briefly, saw
those 'smiling' pictures. but they didn't care about her?
Maybe that's why she married Alan...IDK.
Who on this Earth could not care about Christy, one of the sweetest
people?
I went back to the site and read what people had to say to/about her,
and she was so loved, by people from many countries in her Guestbook..
When she got sick and put things in the Caring Bridge site,.
Alan seems to be 'so sweet' then , but I wonder if that was all an act
too!!.
How long were they married?
I found a link of her and Alan's wedding and reception in Seattle,
somewhere, but I can't find it.
On one picture, she had her head on Alan's chest and it looked like she
was crying.
She passed away after Christmas.
Then he goes and throws the girl kitties out after 4 months?
WTF is wrong with him?
Like I said before, I wrote to Charleen and asked her if she knew anyone
who would adopt the kitties or take them to a shelter. Someone, a very
good e-mail friend, sent me some pictures of Miss Pua, before and after.I
saw how Christy helped her back to health, I just went back into the
bedroom and had a weep.
Jill, you did the right thing, you tried to help, and if you talk to this
cretin again, please ask him to at least give the neighbors some food to
make sure they don't starve, and some scritches to let them know they were
loved.
IMO, he doesn't deserve to have ANY of her cats.
He might let the other one out too, if he gets on his nerves. Who knows?.
She sure didn't look 40 years young and went through hell and
now Alan does 'this'.
What an unfeeling @$$hole.
I miss Christy and I am so angry at Alan :/
Kyla
--mad and sad

.

Old April 20th 09, 10:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

so then they get thrown out then, do they?
Is there some sort of excuse? I don't see one myself.
Can you imagine me throwing KFC & Boyfriend into the out for ever?
No, because I would never do it. I could never live with myself.

Tweed

Old April 20th 09, 10:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Having watched the two youtube videos,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFURD5dp_QU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QCHIZQmiOY

all *I* see is two cats who seem to be enjoying the outside, and male voice
that seems to hold them in some affection.

Since when was it a crime to let cats outside? When was calling a cat
'Retard' considered abuse?

I know that two youtube videos is hardly the 'whole story' but there is
nothing in those videos to suggest that the owner of those cats is in any
way abusing or neglecting them. They look like healthy happy cats that have
a good relationship with the person behind the camera to me.

If folks have any concrete evidence that Alan is abusing and/or neglecting
the cats, then it needs to be reported to the authorities, not posted about
here. Despite personal opinions of him and his character, posting to a
public newsgroup implying he is an animal abuser is innapropriate at best
and libellious at worst.

Yowie

Old April 20th 09, 10:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Granby" wrote in message
Regardless of what he did, you can never figure someone's reaction to the
death of someone they love. Don't boil me in oil, maybe he just couldn't
stand them so close since she isn't here.

Well, maybe he couldn't. Then he should have found them a new home perhaps.

Tweed

Old April 20th 09, 11:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

If I can believe what I read here, NONE of us would do this but maybe some
don't see their.....no, I said I was done with this.........and I am.

Old April 20th 09, 11:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Yowie" wrote in message
[...]

At last. Someone else who understands how difficult it can be to keep
a cat in that wants to be out.

Whether a person allows their cats out or not isn't the worldwide
accepted definition of good and evil.

Jo