is this considered animal cruelty?

Old October 7th 03, 07:54 PM
transient individual

Default is this considered animal cruelty?

I often go to the house of my friend where there are a lot of stray
cats. The super, or handyman of the building often sets up cages to
trap these stray cats and I think there is poison inside. He leaves
the cats locked inside the cages for 2 to 3 days after they ingested
the food, and then he lets them out. The cats are all wobbly when
released and look like they're about to die. is this against the law,
or are cats considered to be pests like rats?
Old October 7th 03, 08:04 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

Definitely cruelty. Please notify your SPCA (or similar) organization as
soon as possible. Even if this guy isn't poisoning the animals, leaving
them in a trap for 2-3 days is not humane. Possibly they can remove the
animals from the location, leaving super/handyman with nothing to do in his
spare time.

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

om...

Old October 7th 03, 08:04 PM
Lauralai

hi
that is animal crulety. you should phone your local ASPCA and let them know
so they can investigate what is going on. i know the SPCA here investigates
EVERY call they get about animal cruelty and will help an animal in distress
24/7.

Old October 7th 03, 09:26 PM
rrb_091903

transient individual wrote:

I often go to the house of my friend where there are a lot of stray
cats. The super, or handyman of the building often sets up cages to
trap these stray cats and I think there is poison inside. He leaves
the cats locked inside the cages for 2 to 3 days after they ingested
the food, and then he lets them out. The cats are all wobbly when
released and look like they're about to die. is this against the law,
or are cats considered to be pests like rats?

As others have said it is animal cruelty I would contact the SPCA,
humane society or relevant authorities. You seem to be in Korea so I am
not sure who you have to contact.

Old October 7th 03, 11:30 PM
Sherry

I often go to the house of my friend where there are a lot of stray
cats. The super, or handyman of the building often sets up cages to
trap these stray cats and I think there is poison inside. He leaves
the cats locked inside the cages for 2 to 3 days after they ingested
the food, and then he lets them out. The cats are all wobbly when
released and look like they're about to die. is this against the law,
or are cats considered to be pests like rats?

Good gawd almighty. Please e-mail me with specifics.

Sherry

Old October 8th 03, 03:25 AM
Jon C

"Magic Mood Jeep©" wrote in message
Definitely cruelty. Please notify your SPCA (or similar) organization as
soon as possible. Even if this guy isn't poisoning the animals, leaving
them in a trap for 2-3 days is not humane. Possibly they can remove the
animals from the location, leaving super/handyman with nothing to do in

his
spare time.

Would it be cruelty to poison the food and have the cats die quickly while
in the cage?