Wild cougar captured in US park

Old September 7th 09, 10:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Default Wild cougar captured in US park

A cougar living for the past fortnight in a park in the US city of Seattle
has been captured by wildlife officials and set free in the wild.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8240956.stm
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old September 7th 09, 11:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

"Adrian" wrote in
om:

A cougar living for the past fortnight in a park in the US city of
Seattle has been captured by wildlife officials and set free in the
wild. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8240956.stm

I am glad she did not need to be hurt. Such beautiful animals.

Old September 8th 09, 12:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

"outsider" wrote in message
"Adrian" wrote in
om:

A cougar living for the past fortnight in a park in the US city of
Seattle has been captured by wildlife officials and set free in the
wild. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8240956.stm

I am glad she did not need to be hurt. Such beautiful animals.

I believe this one was a male, 140 lbs (almost as heavy as me - eep!)

Sad new is that another one was destroyed in Washington State, but this
one DID attack a human

her
wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
former-blonde

Old September 8th 09, 04:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Adrian wrote:

A cougar living for the past fortnight in a park in the US city of Seattle
has been captured by wildlife officials and set free in the wild.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8240956.stm

He's very handsome!

They did a great job of capturing him and releasing him in a wilderness
away from humans.

Joyce

--
With enemies like Dilbert, giant corporations need no friends.
- Norman Solomon
Old September 8th 09, 04:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Magic Mood Jeep wrote:

I believe this one was a male, 140 lbs (almost as heavy as me - eep!)

Sad new is that another one was destroyed in Washington State, but this
one DID attack a human

That makes 3 cougars found near humans in Washington State, in the very
recent past. Another one was hit by a car and died in Redmond, WA. (Home
of you-know-what - hint: you're probably using one of its products this
very minute. )

Joyce

Old September 8th 09, 02:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Adrian" wrote in message
om...
A cougar living for the past fortnight in a park in the US city of Seattle
has been captured by wildlife officials and set free in the wild.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8240956.stm
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Glad to hear the good news about the successful relocation.

"A global positioning unit attached round the cougar's neck will send twice
daily updates about its location, park officials said." I remember how
Persia first fought wearing a collar. (All these years later she still
sometimes gets rambunctious and manages to take it off over her head.) That
cougar looks perfectly content wearing a tracking unit collar

Jill

Old September 9th 09, 01:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baird Stafford

In article ,
"jmcquown" wrote:

"Adrian" wrote in message
om...
A cougar living for the past fortnight in a park in the US city of Seattle
has been captured by wildlife officials and set free in the wild.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8240956.stm
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Glad to hear the good news about the successful relocation.

"A global positioning unit attached round the cougar's neck will send twice
daily updates about its location, park officials said." I remember how
Persia first fought wearing a collar. (All these years later she still
sometimes gets rambunctious and manages to take it off over her head.) That
cougar looks perfectly content wearing a tracking unit collar

And so he should, since his ploy worked so magnificently.

"What's that?" you ask? "*What* ploy?"

"Those monkeys are so damn' smart, I'll bet if I go to one of their
places and make myself visible - but not *too* much of a threat! -
they'll find me a range that isn't already claimed by somebody older,
bigger and meaner than me."

*That* ploy.

Baird

--
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice
there is. -Yogi Berra