Goldangit - some people

Old May 12th 05, 03:57 AM
Brian Link

Default Goldangit - some people

My son called me to say he was worried about his girfriend's cat.
Again. After what seemed like a pattern of poisoning incidents, the
identification of several cat-toxic plants in the house, and the
refusal to remove them, Max the cat hasn't eaten for three days and is
curled in a ball in the closet.

They said they haven't brought him to the vet because they can't
afford a checkup. (which they can)

gaaaaaaaahhhh.

Do they know how much euthanasia costs?

Or maybe they're just waiting for Max to drop over dead of renal
failure or starvation.

It's not my son's girlfriend, it's her unreasonable mom.

Poor Max.

And my son's supposed to be going to Prom there this weekend. That'll
be a helluva fun weekend if the cat is dying in the closet, or newly
dead.

Some people make me want to scream

BLink
Old May 12th 05, 04:08 AM
Justin L

On Wed, 11 May 2005 21:57:29 -0500, Brian Link wrote:

My son called me to say he was worried about his girfriend's cat.
Again. After what seemed like a pattern of poisoning incidents, the
identification of several cat-toxic plants in the house, and the
refusal to remove them, Max the cat hasn't eaten for three days and is
curled in a ball in the closet.

They said they haven't brought him to the vet because they can't
afford a checkup. (which they can)

snip

Isn't this considered abuse, or neglect, or something?!?!

Can't you call the authorities?

Justin

Old May 12th 05, 04:21 AM
bigbadbarry

Brian Link wrote:

Some people make me want to scream

BLink

why not have your son poison the plants, he has access to them right

all is fair in love and war and killing deadly plants.

or

print her up some simple pages from the internet. sometimes people
believe things when they read it, showing her what the plants can do.
(she may not be convinced that the plants are the cause)

Unless she's just very un-reasonable, the mom and the daughter, seems
like they would respond to a little printed confrontation.

Good Luck

Old May 12th 05, 04:24 AM
Brian Link

On Thu, 12 May 2005 03:08:34 GMT, Justin L
wrote:

On Wed, 11 May 2005 21:57:29 -0500, Brian Link wrote:

My son called me to say he was worried about his girfriend's cat.
Again. After what seemed like a pattern of poisoning incidents, the
identification of several cat-toxic plants in the house, and the
refusal to remove them, Max the cat hasn't eaten for three days and is
curled in a ball in the closet.

They said they haven't brought him to the vet because they can't
afford a checkup. (which they can)

snip

Isn't this considered abuse, or neglect, or something?!?!

Can't you call the authorities?

Justin

At the moment, in fact, I'm trying to google up animal welfare
statutes in Southern Cal - or if there are any free clinics or other
charities.

BLink
Old May 12th 05, 04:25 AM

Brian Link wrote:
[...]

If Max hasn't eaten in three days, he is probably going to die unless
someone can intervene. That someone is going to have to be you or your
son. Go to them and try to reason with them. Offer to take the cat to
the vet for them, and foot the bill. Then tell them the cat died, and
find it a decent home. Whose cat is it? The daughter's? What is *she*
doing, while her cat is in the closet dying?
Sherry

Old May 12th 05, 05:57 AM
Mary

wrote in message
oups.com...

Brian Link wrote:
[...]

Why the hell does this asshole have to be told this? Anybody?

Old May 12th 05, 06:19 AM

At the moment, in fact, I'm trying to google up animal welfare
statutes in Southern Cal - or if there are any free clinics or other
charities.

BLink

Looking up animal welfare statutes isn't going to do any good. IF you
convince a Humane Society abuse team to investigate, they can't just
run over there and seize the cat. There simply has to be more than a
sick cat in a closet before they'll ever get cooperation from the
sheriff's department or whatever authorities have to accompany them
under California law. The cat's going to be dead before the ink is
dry on the paperwork. Don't waste time looking for free clinics. Pay
for it yourself. Just get the cat to the vet.

Sherry

Old May 12th 05, 06:52 AM
Brian Link

On Thu, 12 May 2005 00:57:07 -0400, "Mary" wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...

Brian Link wrote:
[...]

Whoa, "asshole"? Me? Your leaky brain is showing.

If you had at least a shred of credibility this might hurt, but it's
strangely reassuring to see you acting to type and finding some way to
dump on me. People mistreat their pets, strays die to the elements,
the world is collapsing, but at least Mary toddles on in her own
psychopathic fantasy world with her hallucinogenic vendettas.

It's a great reminder of the fact that neglect by a rational person is
criminal, but the ignorance of the mentally-ill is only a source of
pity.

Mary, you give us a great cause to struggle for. Perhaps those on this
group who know your identity can intervene before you do more harm to
yourself or any small animals in your vicinity.

BLink
Old May 12th 05, 07:11 AM
Mary

"Brian Link" wrote in message
On Thu, 12 May 2005 00:57:07 -0400, "Mary" wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...

Brian Link wrote:
[...]

The fact remains that instead of calling this girl you posted here.
What the hell is wrong with you?