Bush - NASA to be closed down

Old September 1st 03, 07:03 PM
Hopitus2

Default Bush - NASA to be closed down

(Snort) I understand most of their terms: "x-radiation, gamma radiation,
secondary radiation" because of what I do for a living, how did you deduct
"Cats" out of this ng discussion?! Wow, what we catnuts talk about is so
simple and childlike compared to
what these space-geeks argue about!!! Duh.....

"Jean H" wrote in message
: I'm the stupid one ,I thought I was into a programme on CATS
: I like to leave the worries of the world behind for a while when I talk
: about my favourite animals,Ididn't want into a space programme jp
: "Jay Windley" wrote in message
: ...
:
: "Brad Guth" wrote in message
: om...
: |
: | Of course, being that you're probably so freaking "all knowing",
: | how about running off some alternative numbers that'll correct
: | some or any of my most recent village idiot additions to the
: | "Space-Radiation" issues
:
: Brad, the problem with your analysis is *conceptual*, not quantitative.
: You
: simply don't know what "numbers" you need, and you don't realize the
: severe
: qualitative disconnection between reality and your concept of space
: radiation. You can't fix your problem with "numbers".
:
: | Here's my latest update and, as far as this village idiot can figure,
: | it's become somewhat worse off than I thought, at least the Van Allen
: | zone as representing any significant radiation buffer simply isn't
: | what the pro-Apollo cults have to say
:
: Brad, you keep posting the link to this crap over and over again. It's
no
: less crap than when you started, because you don't understand what terms
: like "secondary radiation", "solar minimum", or "solar maximum" mean.
: You're awash in a sea of ignorance, and to those trying to extend a
: helping
: hand you offer only the epithet, "Borg!"
:
: | even though it's a fairly nasty place to spend any amount of
: | time in a craft as ****-poorly shielded as what the Apollo missions
: | had to work with.
:
: Particle radiation is not especially difficult to shield against,
: especially
: when the transit is rather short.
:
: | ...not to mention the greater risk imposed from secondary
: | (X-Ray) dosage that's attributed to solar minimum cosmic
: | radiation interacting with the likes of any shield and/or
: | the lunar surface.
:
: LOL! You obviously have no clue what "solar minimum" means. Joe
: Durnavich
: has done a remarkable job of explaining it to you. You refuse to learn,
: and
: so your analysis still sounds like a badly-written "Star Trek" script.
:
: Secondary radiation from the lunar surface is a factor only during a
solar
: particle event. There are fewer SPEs during a solar minimum. That's
what
: "solar minimum" means. The same is true for spacecraft shielding unless
: the
: spacecraft is in low earth orbit. But in that case the increase in
: primary
: radiation due to the solar minimum is comparatively small, and the
: increase
: in secondary radiation is almost undetectable.
:
: | This is where the opposition (that's you) offers intentional
: | disinformation
:
: Not at all. We point out the numerous and grave conceptual errors in
your
: presentation. It's not "disinformation" simply because it disagrees
with
: you. You, by your own admission, are not an expert in radiation. I am.
: Yet you seem to steadfastly resist being educated by someone who is more
: adept than you with these concepts.
:
: | where actually that's what's giving me insight and further
: | motivation into learning what's more likely the case than not
:
: You aren't learning. You keep making the same arguments over and over
: again, the same mistakes over and over again, citing the same disparate
: sources over and over again. You apparently cannot accept that you are
so
: far off base that you are simply slinging rubbish that cannot be fixed
by
: simple refinement of numbers. You've found something that you believe
: supports your view, and you hold tenaciously to your intepretation of it
: as
: a drowning man clings to a plank.
:
: --
: |
: The universe is not required to conform | Jay Windley
: to the expectations of the ignorant. | webmaster @ clavius.org
:
:
:

Old September 1st 03, 08:00 PM
Alan Erskine

"Hopitus2" wrote in message
(Snort) I understand most of their terms: "x-radiation, gamma radiation,
secondary radiation" because of what I do for a living, how did you deduct
"Cats" out of this ng discussion?! Wow, what we catnuts talk about is so
simple and childlike compared to
what these space-geeks argue about!!! Duh.....

In this case "cats" is C.A.T.S. - Cheap Access To Space. NASAspeak for
reduced-expense to orbit.

Than you for cutting the headers so this only comes to this group.

--
Alan Erskine
alanerskine(at)optusnet.com.au
Winston Churchill, October 19, 1940

Old September 1st 03, 08:13 PM
Norville

In article , "Jean H"
wrote:
I'm the stupid one ,I thought I was into a programme on CATS
I like to leave the worries of the world behind for a while when I talk
about my favourite animals,Ididn't want into a space programme jp

Don't you know enough not to crosspost to sci.space.shuttle,
sci.space.policy, sci.space.history, and sci.space.station, then?
Apparently not, because that's where this went. I've cut the newsgroups
list on my post down to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes (where you apparently are)
just for you, even though I'm posting from one of the sci.space groups.
Imagine that. rolls eyes

--
"...To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
* "Ulysses" by Tennyson *
Old September 1st 03, 09:26 PM
Hopitus2

If there's one thing I've learned over the years with cat ng's, it's to
knock off the other ng's except the cat one when replying to a
strange-appearing post that shows up suddenly in my fave cat ng. Wouldn't
know how to "research Google" from a hole-in-the-ground....deficient in many
"snipping" and "cut-paste" techniques old-hat to many of you, but long ago
that's how I met the "bad boys" of alt.2600 (a *hacker's*ng, composed mainly
of youngish males, but not exclusively)....for some reason they took pity on
me and did me no harm, and we are not just talking trolls here; some of them
are accomplished enough at their hobby to hack into *anything*. I'm sure
there are other ng's worthy of respect and yes, fear. I don't go there.

"Norville" wrote in message
: In article , "Jean H"

Old September 1st 03, 09:29 PM
Victor M. Martinez

Hopitus2 wrote:
If there's one thing I've learned over the years with cat ng's, it's to
knock off the other ng's except the cat one when replying to a
strange-appearing post that shows up suddenly in my fave cat ng. Wouldn't

I actually missed the original post because I have a filter that deletes
all messages that were posted to more than 2 groups.

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

Old September 1st 03, 11:16 PM
Yoj

"Victor M. Martinez" wrote in message
Hopitus2 wrote:
If there's one thing I've learned over the years with cat ng's, it's

knock off the other ng's except the cat one when replying to a
strange-appearing post that shows up suddenly in my fave cat ng.

Wouldn't

I actually missed the original post because I have a filter that

deletes
all messages that were posted to more than 2 groups.

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

I don't suppose you use Outlook Express, do you Victor? I'd love to be
able to do that, but haven't been able to figure out how.

Joy

Old September 2nd 03, 03:26 PM
Victor M. Martinez

Yoj wrote:
I don't suppose you use Outlook Express, do you Victor? I'd love to be
able to do that, but haven't been able to figure out how.

Sorry, I use the same newsreader I've used for over a decade: rn (in Unix).
I'm sure Outlook has some form of filters, but knowing Microsoft, they're
probably not nearly as smart as they shoudl be.