Memphis gets cuddly!!

Old March 27th 06, 03:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Memphis gets cuddly!!

Now Memphis is not a cuddly lap cat. He will not go on a lap. Cuddles on his
terms on the floor, yes, lap, no.
At night he and Phoenix are allowed on the bed, they sleep on the bottom of
the bed, one below me, the other below my husband. They come and go as they
please.
At 4am I woke to Memphis nuzzling my elbow which was at the edge of the bed.
He jumped up, padded over my stomach and chest, then settled down with his
butt to one side of me,front paws and head on my chest. He was so close he
was almost nose to nose with me. He started purrring and went to sleep. At
some point he moved off, but came back at about 7am and did the same again.
He has never done this before! It was so sweet. I feel so privileged!

--
Sandra

Old March 27th 06, 04:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 15:11:27 +0100, "Sandra" yodeled:

Now Memphis is not a cuddly lap cat. He will not go on a lap. Cuddles on his
terms on the floor, yes, lap, no.
At night he and Phoenix are allowed on the bed, they sleep on the bottom of
the bed, one below me, the other below my husband. They come and go as they
please.
At 4am I woke to Memphis nuzzling my elbow which was at the edge of the bed.
He jumped up, padded over my stomach and chest, then settled down with his
butt to one side of me,front paws and head on my chest. He was so close he
was almost nose to nose with me. He started purrring and went to sleep. At
some point he moved off, but came back at about 7am and did the same again.
He has never done this before! It was so sweet. I feel so privileged!

He probably sneaks cuddles while you are sleeping!

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old March 27th 06, 06:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

sneaking cuddles would take some doing - he weighs about 5.5kg!

sandra

Old March 27th 06, 07:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-03-27, Sandra penned:
At 4am I woke to Memphis nuzzling my elbow which was at the edge of the bed.
He jumped up, padded over my stomach and chest, then settled down with his
butt to one side of me,front paws and head on my chest. He was so close he
was almost nose to nose with me. He started purrring and went to sleep. At
some point he moved off, but came back at about 7am and did the same again.
He has never done this before! It was so sweet. I feel so privileged!

Awww.

I know what you mean. Oscar has only slowly come out of her shell in
the last year or two, and every tiny step is like a pat on the back.
You done good!

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old March 28th 06, 04:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes