This is the hardest post I have ever had to write

Old January 1st 09, 11:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default This is the hardest post I have ever had to write

Christina Websell wrote:

On Dec 31, 9:22 am, hopitus wrote:

Vivid dreams? Ha. I dreamed I was smoking for years after I quit cold
turkey in '84.

I quit smoking in 1987, and I still have smoking dreams. They are never
happy dreams - it's never like, "Ah, finally, a smoke!" Usually, I'm
doing it absent-mindedly, like it's just a habit that I don't even think
about. Then all of a sudden, I realize what I'm *doing*, and I start
feeling terrible. WTF, I started *smoking* again? What was I thinking??
Then I'm really mad at myself, depressed at the thought of being
addicted again and having to go through quitting again. Ugh!

I used to have dreams like this. I was often in a car with my husband and
suddenly, for some reason he became unable to drive, leaving me in the
passenger seat needing to drive the car, but unable to.

One time many years ago, I had this dream that I was driving down a
hill on a residential street, heading toward a "T" intersection with a
main street. Across the main street was a big field covered with slushy
snow. I started to apply the brakes in order to stop at the corner, but
the brakes didn't work at all. I went into the intersection, hoping no
cars were coming from either direction, and tried to make a left turn
onto the main street. But I was going too fast, so my turn was a very
wide arc, and I ended up in the field, where I finally came to a stop
amid the slush.

When I later told a friend about this dream, she said, "Why did you make
a left? You should have made a right." LOL!

(UK'ers, et al, read the above substituting "right" for left, and vice
versa, to get the meaning of the question.)

--
Joyce ^..^

Old January 2nd 09, 06:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Jan 1, 1:33*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
*Passed my test first time.
Maybe it's not too late for you?

Nah I live in an area with really good public transport links anyway
if I could drive Dave would think it would be great to go to nice
country pubs and if there is one thing I really don't approve of it is
drinking and driving. When I was about 20 I was running an errand for
my dad and my brother who had just passed his test came out of a pub
car park and offered me a lift. I point blank refused to get in the
car especially as he had just told me he'd "only had 3 pints I can
handle it". He got really annoyed with me and even tried to pull me
in the car so I got in, leant over, took the keys out of the ignition
and threw them into some bushes...he didn't speak to me for a few
weeks but in the end admitted I was right to do what I did.....I like
a drink so I don't drive

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old January 3rd 09, 12:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Judith Latham wrote:

Then there's this old house I dream about, and have done for many years,
which has different stories and happenings, alterations such as extensions
being built but always has some friend or another of mine involved. I know
this house so well but have never actually found it.

I always dream about places I've lived in the past. A couple of places
that I really liked living in become fascinating in my dreams, full of
extra rooms, lots of big windows, and all sorts of items supplied by the
landlord (such as pots, pans, dishware, etc) - far more of it than I
would ever use. I've never lived in a "furnished room", so I don't know
where that came from. A big part of these dreams is the sense of "I had
*no idea* this place had all these storage spaces/back rooms/kitchen
appliances/extra floors", etc.

For some reason I love these dreams about my old apartments. They're sort
of bittersweet, part "what a great place!" and part "why did I leave?"

--
Joyce ^..^

Old January 3rd 09, 06:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn[_2_]

Baird Stafford wrote:

Ginger-lyn, you are far, far, far from being the first individual who
has posted to usenet under the influence to a bad reaction to properly
prescribed medication - nor even, necessarily, the only individual who
lurks on or participates in usenet who has experienced something very
similar. Doctors are not perfect, and even those of us who try to be
educated consumers, asking questions about possible side effects and the
like, have been caught by it.

Believe me, I have seen it more than once on other newsgroups I
frequent. I won't say it's common - but it is far from uncommon.

The question is not our loss of trust in you: the question is whether
you can forgive yourself for have fallen victim to circumstances
entirely beyond your control. Please don't beat yourself up over this.
It isn't worth the grief you're causing yourself, nor the concern your
friends must inevitably feel as they (we) try to help you through it.

Blessed be,
Baird

Thank you, Baird, and everyone. I was afraid to log on and read
surprised; I know how many good and caring hearts are in this group, and
I should have known that there would be knowledge and understanding and
kindness.

You truly *are* my friends, and you have no idea how much you mean to
me. It's a terrible feeling when you aren't sure what is real; thank
you for being my rock.

Wishing blessings and a wonderful 2009 to each and every one.

Ginger-lyn

Yowie, you can come kick my psychologist if she misses that, but right
now, she's in the mood to kick my doctor, so you may have to stand in line.

Old January 3rd 09, 07:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn[_2_]

wrote:
Ginger-lyn wrote:

I am ashamed, humiliated, and feel that I have let you all down.

The week from the 23rd of December until today was horrible. I don't
yet know what happened, nor how, nor why; I just know that it did and it
has probably led to the loss of trust in me some of you had, and that
breaks my heart more than anything.

I went out in the daylight today. The garden is still there, untouched.
I could not understand it, as I had seen it totally gone just last
night. But there it was.

Please, please forgive me for what was apparently an hallucination. I
did not mean to mislead you, and I am ashamed that I did so.

Ginger-lyn, I think you're going overboard beating yourself up over this.
It was just a mistake, that's all. I don't trust you any less because of
that! I'm just happy to hear that your garden is intact - that's great news!

Thank you for this reminder. I sometimes forget to look at the bright
side. And yes, it is a blessing that it is still there. I will try to
carry that with me.

Ginger-lyn

I'm not surprised that you "saw" what you saw. First, it was dark out.
Secondly, didn't your landlord once threaten to destroy your garden? So
maybe on some level, you were expecting to see it destroyed, even if you
weren't conscious of it. It's amazing how easily we see what we're
expecting to see, regardless of what is actually there.

And if you were having a bad reaction to one of your meds, that might
have made you even more susceptible to either a hallucination, or just
misinterpreting what you saw. Throw in a little stress and it's easy
to understand why you saw something different from what was there.

The last
thing I would ever want to do is hurt any of you in any way, and I am so
sorry this happened. I hope, in time, you may forgive me; I hope, in
time, I may regain your trust again.

Wow, I can't imagine why any of that would be necessary. There's nothing
to forgive! You just had a weird experience. Seriously, nothing to worry
about here.

Old January 3rd 09, 07:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Am glad to hear from you. Was beginning to wonder if we should send out a
search party to locate you. Hang in there and continue getting the help you
need. If Yowie comes there to kick ass, there won't be any need for a

Old January 10th 09, 08:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

Unfortunately I've had to return to taking Prozac again after the sudden
death of one of my best friends who was very important to me.
One of the side effects is very vivid dreams, but this time the dreams are
not so bad. Last time, after my mom was found dead with no warning, the
Prozac dreams are terrible.
Like I saw an aeroplane (in a dream) crashing towards my house and I could
see it but I was not in a position to help my animals/birds escape. I knew
it would land on them and they would be wiped out.
That woke me up in a terror.

Old January 10th 09, 10:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K

Ronald Adams kirjoitti:
"Christina Websell" Unfortunately I've had to return to taking Prozac
again

You people are ****ing pathetic. America is one ****ed up country.

That, if nothing else, proves you're not the sharpest knife in the
drawer... But I'm not telling you what you did to "earn the title".
Neener neener...

--
Christine in Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old January 10th 09, 11:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

Unfortunately I've had to return to taking Prozac again after the sudden
death of one of my best friends who was very important to me.
One of the side effects is very vivid dreams, but this time the dreams are
not so bad. Last time, after my mom was found dead with no warning, the
Prozac dreams are terrible.
Like I saw an aeroplane (in a dream) crashing towards my house and I could
see it but I was not in a position to help my animals/birds escape. I knew
it would land on them and they would be wiped out.
That woke me up in a terror.

I remember the Prozac dreams! It's been about 15 years since I took it,
but I do remember the intensity, sometimes the wrenching sorrow of them,
the sobbing my eyes out or screaming in rage at someone, and then waking
up feeling like I'd been hit by a truck.

You'll probably think I'm weird, but I didn't mind this. I never would
have considered stopping the drug exclusively for that reason. I stopped
taking it when it stopped working for the intended purpose - the famous
Prozac "poop out" effect. But I found those intensely emotional dreams
kind of fascinating, actually. They were a window into the stuff that
also affected me during waking hours, but not so explicitly, maybe. And
it didn't happen all the time. That would've been really bad because then
I would never have felt rested. But it only happened occasionally, so it
wasn't overwhelming.

As an aside, these dreams would often be about me screaming at my
partner, who had done something or other to get me angry. So in the
morning, if I said, "I had such an intense dream," she'd go, "What
did I do *this* time?" LOL.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old January 11th 09, 01:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ronald Adams