September 15, 2003. My Heart and Soul is Gone

Old September 17th 03, 03:31 AM
Bingo

KS wrote in
:

Bingo wrote:

She had the most wonderful purrsona. I'm going to miss her
antics, her hugs and cuddles. I'm not the same without her.

I put my face into her soft furs before her for the last time.

I love you my baby.

Kami

Oh, that's so sad! Though I lost Edie one week ago today, at
least she had 12 good years. I lost Comet at three years, so I
know your pain of premature loss. Doesn't like she suffered
much, though. Take some solice in that. It's just you who's
suffering now. Please take care of youself.

You're right. I'm sorry for your loss. Edie and Spook have
been greeted at the RB by a special group of kitties, including
Comet. Comet left way too early, too. Life can be so unfair.

Kami

--
emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com

Yes, it can. Comet wa sort of a miracle kitty to begin with. Her
mother was only eight months old when she had Comet, but had
problems delivering, not surprisingly. After 15 hours of labor
with no delivery, the owners rushed her to vet who told them that
most likely, the kittens were dead. One was, but the other three
made it, and Comet was last. She lived her life on borrowed time,
sqeezed a lot of living into those thre years. I have a lot of
Comet stories!

Spook should look for the cat with the orange hat whose chasing 3-
foot snakes!
Old September 17th 03, 03:34 AM
KS

Bingo wrote:

The biopsy did not reveal cancer. They suggested that it was
probably a herniated part of liver. It's probably a moot point,
because I think she died from a bladder blockage (she had a good size
stone that we hadn't gotten to deal with yet). I originally brought
her in with a urinary/liver infection, so it was an uphill battle. I
really miss her.

I know, I'm sure as much as I miss Spook. They were wo wonderful Tortie cats.

Kami

--
emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com
Old September 17th 03, 03:39 AM
KS

You're right. I'm sorry for your loss. Edie and Spook have
been greeted at the RB by a special group of kitties, including
Comet. Comet left way too early, too. Life can be so unfair.

Kami

Yes, it can. Comet wa sort of a miracle kitty to begin with. Her
mother was only eight months old when she had Comet, but had
problems delivering, not surprisingly. After 15 hours of labor
with no delivery, the owners rushed her to vet who told them that
most likely, the kittens were dead. One was, but the other three
made it, and Comet was last. She lived her life on borrowed time,
sqeezed a lot of living into those thre years. I have a lot of
Comet stories!

Spook should look for the cat with the orange hat whose chasing 3-
foot snakes!

Snakes, yikes. I live in a 19th floor apartment, so of course my kitties stay
inside.

Like Comet, Spook also squeezed a lot of living into her young life. She was
interested in everything around her, everything I did. Even if she was sleeping
when I'd change the bed linen, somehow she knew, and she was on the bed before I
got the bottom sheet off. And of course she went under the new sheet I tried to
put on, and I'd have to trick her to get her out from under. It's sure gonna
hurt the next time I change the linen.

Kami

--
emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com
Old September 17th 03, 04:33 AM
Wednesday

Kami, I am so sorry. It's worse, I think, when it is unexpected.
Bast bless you for giving Spook love and security and a happy life.

Terri

Pppppppuuuuuuurrrrrrrrz fur Spook's easy journey to the Bridge, and for
Anti Kami's hurting heart to heal.

Five kitties in Ohio form a circle and meatloaf, softly purring.

Shadow, Cody, Fluffie, Lucky and Baby
Da Katzenajmmer Klowder

Kami wrote:
I woke up this morning, dished out the food. Spook wasn't there. I looked and
found her soft, sweet body.

She was okay at midnight last night. I couldn't sleep and popped popcorn, and
she put her paw on my arm cause she wanted to know what I had.

But between then and now, she left for the Rainbow Bridge. She was only 5-1/2
years.

I can't believe this. It's a bad bad dream.

I brought her beautiful body to the vet, cause I need to know why. He said most
likely sudden cardiomyopathy.

Spook was my life. She made me laugh. She got me thru Princess' illness and
final days. When Princess died, Spook comforted me. Now no kitty is comforting
me. I think the only one who notices she's gone is Whiskers.

Old September 17th 03, 01:55 PM
KS

Kami, I am so sorry. It's worse, I think, when it is unexpected.
Bast bless you for giving Spook love and security and a happy life.

Terri

Pppppppuuuuuuurrrrrrrrz fur Spook's easy journey to the Bridge, and for
Anti Kami's hurting heart to heal.

Five kitties in Ohio form a circle and meatloaf, softly purring.

Shadow, Cody, Fluffie, Lucky and Baby
Da Katzenajmmer Klowder

Thanks. I miss her so much.

Kami

--
emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com
Old September 17th 03, 01:59 PM
KS

SNIP

I put my face into her soft furs before her for the last time.

I love you my baby.

Kami

Please accept my deepest sympathy for the loss of your wonderful kitty
Spook. I simply cannot imagine the horror of finding a beloved kitty,
young and healthy, like this in the morning. I'm so very, very sorry for
your loss.

Thanks. It's very awful.

How fortunate that you couldn't sleep last night, and had some extra
time with Spook, even if only a little bit; every second is precious of
course.

It was just a few minutes, but you're right.

Mere words cannot convey the sorrow I share with you over the loss of
your beloved companion, Spook.

I have two RB kittys, but they both lived to a fairly old age, although
the time seems to have been so very short, now.

I am a lurker here, and I cannot remember if I've ever posted or not,

I remember the name Gandalf.

but I can remember reading some stories about your wonderful kitty
Spook.

She was a truly wonderful cat, so full of life, still having much the kitten in
her, inquisitive, fun-loving. I'll never know another like my precious Tortie.

I wish there was something I could say or do to lessen your pain; all I
can offer is my heartfelt sympathy, and it's just not enough....

Thanks.

Kami

--
emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com
Old September 17th 03, 03:48 PM
Bingo

KS wrote in
:

[...]

Funny you mentioned that, because Comet used to like to sleep
totally under the blankets. Once, I sat down at the foot of the
bed to find a program on the TV, when something started moving
underneath (a disturbing feeling). When I stood up, Comet popped
her head out with that "I'll get you for that" look!
Old September 17th 03, 04:02 PM
Boogie's Mom

Kami. I'm so, so sorry to hear about Spook. Neither Boogie nor I know what
to say, except that we're purring mightily for you and Spook.

Efun tho I'ze a follower of Bast, I wud be privilidged to sit Shivah wif
Kitty et.al. (Slender blask n white tuxedo folds himself into the meetloaf
pozishum wif hiz frends Kitty, Cap, n Lillith)

Boogie n Meowmie

"ChildFree23" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Auntie Kami, we'ze so sorry to hear this. Can we sit Shivah for Spook, or
will her clowdermates be holding a purroper memorial serfiss?

Kitty Schottland DOC, Capt. Midnight DOC, & Lilith Kitten

Old September 17th 03, 07:08 PM
KS

Bingo wrote:

Funny you mentioned that, because Comet used to like to sleep
totally under the blankets. Once, I sat down at the foot of the
bed to find a program on the TV, when something started moving
underneath (a disturbing feeling). When I stood up, Comet popped
her head out with that "I'll get you for that" look!

She communicated with you, as Spook did with me. Spook didn't normally sleep
under the blankets, but sometimes she burrowed under them and would stay in one
place for awhile.

Kami

--
emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com
Old September 17th 03, 07:52 PM
Leo Orel

I am so sorry to hear this sad news about Spook. What a shock! Alive,
running around, one day -- dead the next. Just too terrible. My heart
aches with yours. I remember Spook at my house when you drove out two
summers ago. She charmed everyone.

Beverly