took Natasha to vet this morning

Old September 6th 03, 05:07 PM
Debbie Trujillo

Default took Natasha to vet this morning

Natasha was diagnosed with lymphoma a couple years ago. She did fine on
Predizone until she started loosing weight again so she was started on
Leukeran a little more than a year ago. When I took her last May her weight
had gotten up to 6 1/2 pounds. We had a real hot spell this summer and she
wasn't eating much. Plus we had a rough summer because my husband was
diagnosed with prostate cancer in June and had his prostate removed in July
so with our being scared pre-surgery and dealing with the healing
post-surgery, plus the iffy pathology report (one of the lymph nodes removed
was infected so we don't know if all his cancer was removed) things were
pretty tough for us this summer. He did have a 0.00 post-op PSA reading,
however - that was encouraging.

I think Natasha picked up on this because she was sleeping in our bed with
us the week before his surgery and purring, and she normally likes to lay on
the living room couch downstairs at night.

When I took her in today, she had lost 3/4 of a pound. The vet gave me a
can of a high-fat A/D cat food to try to put some weight back on. I
mentioned that Natasha didn't really like canned food so we are going to see
if she'll eat this. I feed her the Friskeys Special Dinners but she will
only lick the juice from them and maybe eat 2 chunks. The vet also examined
her and said that her lymph nodes didn't feel big which was a good sign.
Her intestines felt a little thick. I will hear the results of her blood
tests Monday.

Sorry for the rambling!

--
Debbie Trujillo

Please visit my website at http://mysite.verizon.net/res21yh8/index.html.

Old September 6th 03, 05:10 PM
Debbie Trujillo

I should add that I also feed her Meal Mix dry which she grazes on
throughout the day.

Old September 6th 03, 05:10 PM
Debbie Trujillo

Old September 6th 03, 07:28 PM
m. L. Briggs

From: Debbie Trujillo
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2003 16:07:48 GMT

[...]

We are sending multiple purrs for the complete recovery of your
husband and Natasha's wellbeing.
Old September 6th 03, 07:28 PM
m. L. Briggs

Old September 9th 03, 03:49 AM
Karen M.

I'll be hoping for good news on Natasha and your husband as well. What a
stressful summer for you!

Karen

Old November 5th 03, 09:15 AM
Debbie Trujillo