Cat flap ramp?

Old May 13th 04, 11:05 AM
Alan

Default Cat flap ramp?

We've recently fitted a cat flap to our back door, which should mean
that we can finally take a well earned 2 week holiday for the first
time in years (wife doesn't like the idea of boarding the cats).

The flap is around ideal height inside, but there's a drop on the
outside, and the cats only go out the flap, not back in, since it's
probably too high for them to get a good push through the 3" tunnel.

Has anyone built a ramp/step up for their cats and what did you make
it from? I've got some ply left over from replacing the door panels
(to fit the flap) but I'm worried this will de-laminate since the
edges won't be protected from the rain/damp/frost.

Any pictures/plans appreciated..
Old May 13th 04, 01:43 PM
MIKE

I just made a platform outside of the flap and then made a step halfway
up. I covered the wood with indoor/outdoor carpet. I don't let my
present cats out but the platform and step are still in good shape after
almost ten years.

-MIKE

Old May 13th 04, 05:58 PM
Mary

"Jeannie" wrote

Why would it be?

*shake shake*

So he can leave his cats ALONE for two weeks.

---