Purrs for two kitties who went to RB today

Old July 11th 04, 02:40 AM
Mischief

Default Purrs for two kitties who went to RB today

I don't know the first kitty's name, age or anything. I don't even
know the owners but I was going into work this morning, when one of
the vets I work with comes in with his briefcase in one hand and
garbage bag in the other.

Before I could ask, he said, "I found half my neighbor's cat on my
lawn this morning."

After I picked up my jaw from the floor, I asked the obvious question.

"Uh, and just where is the rest of the cat?"

The doctor sighed and said, "Probably in the coyote's stomach."

OMG, the poor kitty! Just last Thursday, I helped this same doctor
examine a kitty who had been attacked by a coyote, but fortunately
escaped from being carried away.

Like I said, I don't know the cat or the owners, but I'm sending
silent purrs to this family for their loss.

The other cat was named Missy. Missy had been suffering from
Cushing's disease, which results in excess cortisone in the body.
This eventually throws the pancreas out of function too, so she was
also suffering from diabetes. Well last thursday, I noticed there
were pieces of skin missing from her back. Now this cat had been
shaved in certain parts of her back from treatment from something else
I didn't know about, but I noticed there was no skin on one of the
shaved parts. Like the surface had peeled off.

Apparently it's called Skin (some word that begins with an F)
Syndrome. I can't remember exactly what it's called, but basicially
the skin is falling off. And it's not treatable.

The cat was already REALLY, REALLY cranky by this point and would hiss
and swipe at you if you even looked at her.

Fortunately the owner decided to end her suffering this morning. I
felt sad, but all my coworkers knew that this cat was really suffering
and had been in a lot of pain for the last few weeks.

Sending silent prayers and purrs for the kitties on their trip to the
RB and to their families.

Kristi
Old July 11th 04, 03:03 AM
Karen Chuplis

Sending silent prayers and purrs for the kitties on their trip to the
RB and to their families.

Kristi

Purrs ((((((((

Old July 11th 04, 06:27 AM
Melissa Houle

Mischief wrote in message
om...
I don't know the first kitty's name, age or anything. I don't even
know the owners but I was going into work this morning, when one of
the vets I work with comes in with his briefcase in one hand and
garbage bag in the other.

SNIP
The cat was already REALLY, REALLY cranky by this point and would hiss
and swipe at you if you even looked at her.

Fortunately the owner decided to end her suffering this morning. I
felt sad, but all my coworkers knew that this cat was really suffering
and had been in a lot of pain for the last few weeks.

Sending silent prayers and purrs for the kitties on their trip to the
RB and to their families.

Kristi

Poor cats. =o( Although I have to say it sounded like it was a mercy in
Missy's case. She must have been in tremendous pain, poor thing. As for the
other kitty, well... I hope the coyote killed it BEFORE making a meal of
half of it. =o( But many sad purrs for both the owners of these poor
departed cats.

Melissa

Old July 11th 04, 06:35 AM
Sherry

Poor cats. =o( Although I have to say it sounded like it was a mercy in
Missy's case. She must have been in tremendous pain, poor thing. As for the
other kitty, well... I hope the coyote killed it BEFORE making a meal of
half of it. =o( But many sad purrs for both the owners of these poor
departed cats.

Melissa

Yes, poor thing. I wonder how they're sure that a coyote got it. because,
without going into a graphic description of what a coyote does to a cat, it
doesn't sound consistent with what they do to a cat.

Sherry