Lioness in the grass

Old April 16th 06, 03:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Lioness in the grass

I brought in another flowerpot full of grass today for the cats. This time I
found their favorite, orchard grass, in a huge clump. (I feel bad digging
grass out of its home in the ground, but this bunch had to come out anyway
as it was in the center of a flowerbed.) This grass is over a foot tall, and
little Beatrice has decided to make a bed out of it, she has been lying in
the center of it in the flowerpot, all day long. If she does it again
tomorrow I will get some piccies but it's been too dark (cloudy) today for
indoor shots to come out well.

Old April 16th 06, 04:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Pat" wrote in message
I brought in another flowerpot full of grass today for the cats. This time
I found their favorite, orchard grass, in a huge clump. (I feel bad digging
grass out of its home in the ground, but this bunch had to come out anyway
as it was in the center of a flowerbed.) This grass is over a foot tall,
and little Beatrice has decided to make a bed out of it, she has been lying
in the center of it in the flowerpot, all day long. If she does it again
tomorrow I will get some piccies but it's been too dark (cloudy) today for
indoor shots to come out well.

We brought in our first Catnip of the season. Cleo ate hers whole and Cali's
too. The other girls just like to lick it mostly. I can't say it did much
for her mood, but then she's permanently 'wired'.

I was telling not to bite today, so she started smacking my finger with her
paw. "You didn't say I couldn't smack you!"

Old April 17th 06, 02:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 21:58:09 -0500, "Pat"
wrote:

I brought in another flowerpot full of grass today for the cats. This time I
found their favorite, orchard grass, in a huge clump. (I feel bad digging
grass out of its home in the ground, but this bunch had to come out anyway
as it was in the center of a flowerbed.) This grass is over a foot tall, and
little Beatrice has decided to make a bed out of it, she has been lying in
the center of it in the flowerpot, all day long. If she does it again
tomorrow I will get some piccies but it's been too dark (cloudy) today for
indoor shots to come out well.

I have some orchard grass in a large pot. I also have a picture of
Robin sleeping in it. But then I took one of those ornamental garden
stickers and put it in the pot. It is a copper stick with a copper
dragonfly on the end, So the cats can get their grass but don't mash
it into oblivion with sleeping. But I also have a large square pot
with 4 divisions in it planted with lawn grass. They sleep in that
regularly. They don't seem to mind the ridges of the divisions. There
is just something special about sleeping in soft grass. Maybe the
smell.

--
CATherine