I can't believe how long I slept

Old December 22nd 04, 06:56 PM
Pat

Default I can't believe how long I slept

Eleven hours I slept last night, without even waking up to pee. That is some
kind of record.

Of course I did wake up long enough to tell Jill that I think if one of you
guys didn't get through to me, I can't imagine that there would be any
chance of saving me at that point. I mean, if I couldn't be roused by the
phone, that means it's already too late, right? and by the time any
paramedics could get here, wouldn't it definitely be a waste of their time?

Thus I am wondering if we should perhaps call the whole thing off. It's not
that I mind being awakened, and I'm sure you guys don't mind calling,
either, but what I *do* mind is having to move the phone every morning and
every night. There is just one phone jack, which is not attached to a wall,
it's loose on a long cord, and it has to be in a different room in order for
me to use the modem in the computer.

Old December 22nd 04, 11:09 PM
Pat

"Sherry " wrote in message
Thus I am wondering if we should perhaps call the whole thing off. It's

not
that I mind being awakened, and I'm sure you guys don't mind calling,
either, but what I *do* mind is having to move the phone every morning

and
every night. There is just one phone jack, which is not attached to a

wall,
it's loose on a long cord, and it has to be in a different room in order

for
me to use the modem in the computer.

You probably have a point there. But if you change your mind, just give me

call or e-mail. Have you had any problems with headaches or your vision in

the
past few days?

My vision went back to normal and just a touch of a migraine, but I already
had the migraine before the accident and it's not nearly as bad as it was.
Th estrangest thing now is I feel like sleeping again in spite of all that
rest I just got. Maybe it's just from the cold. The only warm spot in my
house is right in front of the heater.

Old December 23rd 04, 12:45 AM
Yowie

"Cheryl" wrote in message
On Wed 22 Dec 2004 06:09:48p, Pat wrote in rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
):

My vision went back to normal and just a touch of a migraine,
but I already had the migraine before the accident and it's not
nearly as bad as it was. Th estrangest thing now is I feel like
sleeping again in spite of all that rest I just got. Maybe it's
just from the cold. The only warm spot in my house is right in
front of the heater.

I'm with Sherry on this one, Pat. If people are lined up to call you
and it eases everyones mind that you're ok, moving the phone line for
a few nights shouldn't be that much of a problem. I know I'd feel
better knowing that you made it through this crisis with people
checking on you. I hope you're feeling better, and your vision going
back to normal sounds like a very good sign.

I'm happy to call you - or not call you - whichever way you want to do it.

Although I will be making sure that you post to RPCA every day - perhaps
that would be better than getting calls in the middle of the night anyway.

Yowie

Old December 24th 04, 12:21 PM
Adrian

Pat wrote:
[...]

When I was in my twenties, I lived in the staff accommodation at the
hospital I worked at. The fire bell was right outside my door, it went
off one night and apparently rang for some time. I sleapt right through
it and didn't know about it untill the next day, when everyone was
moaning about being woken in the early hours.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.