The kittens meet their Great-aunt Mumu

Old September 8th 08, 09:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default The kittens meet their Great-aunt Mumu

Kiki and Naughty (WT) had a visitor yesterday. Great-aunt Mumu is my
friend Emily's d*g. She's an elderly white pekingese, and she's quite
adorable. Admittedly, she's dumber than a mushroom; however she has a
lovely character and not an ounce of malice in her whole
(cataclysmically moronic) body. Mumu's lived with cats before and she
loves 'em.

Anyway, Emily came for dinner (I made a lamb kofta curry from scratch,
which I was quite pleased with), and Great-aunt Mumu came to meet the
kittens. Kiki and Naughty (WT) skittered into the main room when we
all arrived - they love visitors - and they hopped cheerfully over to
Emily, at which point Mumu's head popped out of her carrying-bag.

Kiki shot back into the hallway. Naughty (WT) went into full halloween
cat mode, arched back, bottle-brush tail, ears flat. Mumu hopped out
of her bag with a big daft doggy grin: "Ooooooo! Kitties! I love
kitties!", Naughty (WT) arched herself higher and hissed. Mumu totally
failed to register the protests, toddled over to the defensive kitten,
and gave her a good sniff in the below-tail region which earned her a
whack on the nose. Kiki popped out to defend her sister, and they
halloween'ed around the room for a few minutes while Mumu (who is very
old) ignored them and went to sleep under the table.

I fed all the animals at once. They immediately swapped places: the
kittens ate Mumu's organic dog terrine and Mumu ate their kibble. Fair
enough: it won't hurt them just once. That broke the ice, and the
halloween postures stopped.

Then I broke out the cat dancer. As usual the kittens went wild,
flinging themselves in the air and thudding to the floor. Dear old
Mumu made a very small attempt at catching the flying feather for
herself, but was barged out of the way by a ballistic Kiki.

By the end of the evening, things were quite peaceful. I can't say the
kittens were *delighted* about having a d*g about the flat, but they
were certainly not hostile. Mumu was just pleased to have had cats to
play with during her brief period of wakefulness.

I got the kittens a new bed as well, which I placed on the couch. When
I came out later they were asleep, one either side of it, neither of
them in it. Typical!
Old September 9th 08, 03:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Sep 9, 12:45*am, Marina wrote:

That's typical, isn't it? They seem to have had a very interesting visit
with Mumu. Will she come again? She sounds like a sweetie.

Mumu's a regular visitor. In fact, whenever her slave is away
travelling Mumu comes to stay with me, which was one of the reasons I
wanted to introduce her to the LOLkitnz as soon as possible.