Rhett and Shamrock

Old February 5th 05, 12:19 AM
Cheryl

Default Rhett and Shamrock

They've become good buds. Though sometimes it looks like a mom-
dad/son relationship. Shamrock is the groomer and many times, Rhett
goes up to him and sticks his head in Shamrock's face demanding to be
licked. Maybe its a submissive action? Any way, it's very cute.
Shamrock always obliges. With Scarlett, he starts cleaning her face
and maybe it tickles, but she starts squirming and trying to lick him
back. Shamrock has to bite her neck and hold her still for a minute
until she settles down so he can resume cleaning. The dynamics of
these guys is just too cute!

--
Cheryl
Old February 5th 05, 12:51 AM
mlbriggs

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 17:19:31 -0600, Cheryl wrote:

They've become good buds. Though sometimes it looks like a mom-
dad/son relationship. Shamrock is the groomer and many times, Rhett
goes up to him and sticks his head in Shamrock's face demanding to be
licked. Maybe its a submissive action? Any way, it's very cute.
Shamrock always obliges. With Scarlett, he starts cleaning her face
and maybe it tickles, but she starts squirming and trying to lick him
back. Shamrock has to bite her neck and hold her still for a minute
until she settles down so he can resume cleaning. The dynamics of
these guys is just too cute!

I'll bet watching them is better than a movie! MLB
Old February 5th 05, 06:28 AM
Karen Chuplis

It sounds just like those videos you see of lions prides

Old February 5th 05, 07:09 AM
Marina

Cheryl wrote:

They've become good buds. Though sometimes it looks like a mom-
dad/son relationship. Shamrock is the groomer and many times, Rhett
goes up to him and sticks his head in Shamrock's face demanding to be
licked. Maybe its a submissive action? Any way, it's very cute.
Shamrock always obliges. With Scarlett, he starts cleaning her face
and maybe it tickles, but she starts squirming and trying to lick him
back. Shamrock has to bite her neck and hold her still for a minute
until she settles down so he can resume cleaning. The dynamics of
these guys is just too cute!

It sounds like Shamrock is being a very good mummy for the babies. Frank
mothered Nikki when she was a kitten, and she still sometimes goes up to
him and clearly expects him to groom her. Which he does.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old February 5th 05, 11:39 AM
jmcquown

Cheryl wrote:
They've become good buds. Though sometimes it looks like a mom-
dad/son relationship. Shamrock is the groomer and many times, Rhett
goes up to him and sticks his head in Shamrock's face demanding to be
licked. Maybe its a submissive action? Any way, it's very cute.
Shamrock always obliges. With Scarlett, he starts cleaning her face
and maybe it tickles, but she starts squirming and trying to lick him
back. Shamrock has to bite her neck and hold her still for a minute
until she settles down so he can resume cleaning. The dynamics of
these guys is just too cute!

Awww, that's adorable! How nice they are getting along so well!

Jill

Old February 5th 05, 08:31 PM
Cheryl

On Sat 05 Feb 2005 01:25:25p, Christine Burel wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

Very sweet and I'm sure loads of fun to watch! I'd love to see
a photo of this.

I'll get one. You know what I do have though? I recorded a video
on my digital camera of Rhett playing fetch with a catnip filled
sock. He always (sometimes) brings me back the sock to throw again,
or sometimes he'll find the sock somewhere, and lay it on my foot so
I'll throw it for him. Very funny watching him with his head held
high and the sock dragging the floor while he runs it back to me.

I just have to find a place to put it. I'm out of space on my comcast
file area.

--
Cheryl
Old February 5th 05, 09:03 PM
Cheryl

I recorded a video
on my digital camera of Rhett playing fetch with a catnip filled
sock. He always (sometimes) brings me back the sock to throw
again, or sometimes he'll find the sock somewhere, and lay it on
my foot so I'll throw it for him.

Found some room. I forgot about the other profile.
http://home.comcast.net/~shambondow/P2050008.MOV

--
Cheryl