Please purr for the cats in Ottawa

Old June 18th 05, 06:09 PM
W. Leong

Default Please purr for the cats in Ottawa

According to the story reported in today's paper,

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/Ottawa...93915-sun.html

" IT'S RAINING cats and kittens and Ottawa's animal shelters are getting
desperate."

I got Rusty from Ottawa's Humane 10 years ago. Since I lost my job,
I haven't donated to Humane. Rusty's had many
health issues and is on costly prescription food. As he gets older, I
anticipate his TED bills will keep going up. So I can't afford to adopt
another cat.
Please purr for the cats overflowing Ottawa's shelters to find their
true homes.

--
Winnie

--
Winnie

Old June 18th 05, 06:56 PM
Karen

in article , W. Leong at
wrote on 6/18/05 12:09 PM:

According to the story reported in today's paper,

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/Ottawa...93915-sun.html

" IT'S RAINING cats and kittens and Ottawa's animal shelters are getting
desperate."

I got Rusty from Ottawa's Humane 10 years ago. Since I lost my job,
I haven't donated to Humane. Rusty's had many
health issues and is on costly prescription food. As he gets older, I
anticipate his TED bills will keep going up. So I can't afford to adopt
another cat.
Please purr for the cats overflowing Ottawa's shelters to find their
true homes.

Purrs for all kitties to get homes. I just hate this time of year for the
overflow

Old June 18th 05, 07:27 PM
Gabey8

[[ According to the story reported in today's paper,

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/Ottawa...93915-sun.html

" IT'S RAINING cats and kittens and Ottawa's animal shelters are

getting
desperate."

I got Rusty from Ottawa's Humane 10 years ago. Since I lost my job,
I haven't donated to Humane. Rusty's had many
health issues and is on costly prescription food. As he gets older, I
anticipate his TED bills will keep going up. So I can't afford to adopt
another cat.
Please purr for the cats overflowing Ottawa's shelters to find their
true homes.

Purrs for all kitties to get homes. I just hate this time of year for the
overflow ]]

Agreed. I only wish I was a zillionaire and had a huge home, so I could
afford to take in lots of kitties AND care for them properly.

Since I can't do that, I'll have to settle for the next best thing: giving
a home to the two bitties that I can care for, supporting the local
shelters (particularly Morris Animal Refuge, since I've adopted past and
current cats from there), and sending purrs and purr-ayers that anyone
who's capable of providing a good home heads out to the shelters to adopt
one or more pets ASAP.

Sigh. It frustrates me to know that there are pets who would be WONDERFUL
in a OneTrueHome, but who aren't getting the opportunity to prove it.

May the inspiration strike as many good would-be Meowmies and Paws as
possible that they need to hear the pitter-patter of little paws in the
house, the flutter of wings, etc.

Old June 19th 05, 04:41 PM
Marina

Gabey8 wrote:

May the inspiration strike as many good would-be Meowmies and Paws as
possible that they need to hear the pitter-patter of little paws in the
house, the flutter of wings, etc.

Not to mention the crash in the middle of the night as the curtains come
down accompanied by a kitten, the boom-boom as a kitten plays in a thick
cardboard box (how can a box make so much noise???), the scuffle-shuffle
as a kitten chases a TP roll greebling all over the house, leaving a
trail of shredded TP along the way, the jingle-jangle as a kitten pushes
around Meowmie's earring on the dresser... Guess who didn't get much
sleep last night?

Purrs for the kitties in Ottawa.

--
Marina, Frank and Miranda. In loving memory of Nikki.
Old June 19th 05, 06:10 PM
W. Leong

"Marina" wrote in message
Not to mention the crash in the middle of the night as the curtains come
down accompanied by a kitten, the boom-boom as a kitten plays in a thick
cardboard box (how can a box make so much noise???), the scuffle-shuffle
as a kitten chases a TP roll greebling all over the house, leaving a trail
of shredded TP along the way, the jingle-jangle as a kitten pushes around
Meowmie's earring on the dresser... Guess who didn't get much sleep last
night?

Purrs for the kitties in Ottawa.

That's why I got an adult cat intead of a kitten.

But can you keep her is a room by herself at night as far from you bedroom
as possible?
Rusty, even as an adult, made lots of noises in the room next to mine
early in the morning. Even got a complaint from my downstairs neighbour.
Finally I put him in a room furthest from my bedroom,
with no furniture and only his carrier, litter box and food dish. It has
became his room over the years.

Winnie
--
Marina, Frank and Miranda. In loving memory of Nikki.

Old June 18th 05, 09:17 PM
Adrian

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/Ottawa...06/18/1093915-
sun.html

" IT'S RAINING cats and kittens and Ottawa's animal shelters are
getting desperate."

I got Rusty from Ottawa's Humane 10 years ago. Since I lost my job,
I haven't donated to Humane. Rusty's had many
health issues and is on costly prescription food. As he gets older, I
anticipate his TED bills will keep going up. So I can't afford to
adopt another cat.
Please purr for the cats overflowing Ottawa's shelters to find their
true homes.

Purring for the cats and kittens in Ottawa and all the others in the
same position all over the world.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old June 18th 05, 11:35 PM
KittyyttiK

"W. Leong" wrote in message
.. .
According to the story reported in today's paper,

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/Ottawa...93915-sun.html

" IT'S RAINING cats and kittens and Ottawa's animal shelters are getting
desperate."

I got Rusty from Ottawa's Humane 10 years ago. Since I lost my job,
I haven't donated to Humane. Rusty's had many
health issues and is on costly prescription food. As he gets older, I
anticipate his TED bills will keep going up. So I can't afford to adopt
another cat.
Please purr for the cats overflowing Ottawa's shelters to find their
true homes.

Winnie

Hey, it's not only Ottawa's problem, it's a world problem and it will
continue to be a problem caused by irresponsible humans.
Hope that the day will come that there will be no need for animal shelters.
--
/\~Beautiful Imbalance~\/

Vomiting cat bookbug2005 Cat health & behaviour 69 April 10th 05 09:42 PM
Vomiting cat bookbug2005 Cats - misc 57 April 10th 05 09:42 PM
cat trivia Frank Cat health & behaviour 40 June 16th 04 04:15 AM
Cat predation studies Alison Cat health & behaviour 48 February 5th 04 03:17 AM