GI Jill

Old October 18th 08, 02:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default GI Jill

I was going through some dresser drawers yesterday and ran across a brand
new pair of camoflage pants. These are "bush" fatigues, not desert khakis.
You just gotta love the U.S. Marines, they size things so vaguely:
small/short. Heh, that would be me! LOL And yes, they fit me perfectly.
You have any idea what some teen would pay for these at a surplus shop?!

I'm sitting here wearing camo shorts. Size? Dunno. They fit. Eeek, I'm
as big as my father! Heh, he was small. If he tried to enlist these days
the Marines would say he was too short.

So, free clothes. Woo Hoo! Now if only we could figure out where Dad put
all his medals... I've found tons of empty boxes but only one medal. He's
got lots of other medals. He got paranoid and hid them, we don't know
where.

Mom has some fascinating stuff in her cedar chest. The PETA folks would be
alarmed. Hell, I'm alarmed but I'm not going to launch a protest about it.
Everyone wore furs in the 1940's. And sometimes they even still had teeth
and glass eyes and claws. Yikes!

Jill

Old October 18th 08, 03:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

My grandma had something called a "stone marten," the pelt of a poor little
beast, with those eyes and claws, that she slung over her shoulders to wear
to church. I can still remember staring at that thing in church, thinking
the small child's version of "WTF????"

--
Theresa and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Stinky Forever: http://community.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old October 18th 08, 03:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Kreisleriana wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
Mom has some fascinating stuff in her cedar chest. The PETA folks
would be alarmed. Hell, I'm alarmed but I'm not going to launch a
protest about it. Everyone wore furs in the 1940's. And sometimes
they even still had teeth and glass eyes and claws. Yikes!

My grandma had something called a "stone marten," the pelt of a poor
little beast, with those eyes and claws, that she slung over her
shoulders to wear to church. I can still remember staring at that
thing in church, thinking the small child's version of "WTF????"

LOL Mom has mink pelts sewn together, complete with glass eyes, tails and
feet repleat with claws. I'm not a card carrying anti-fur fanatic but this
particular wrap has always made me cringe. (And guess who inherits the
furs?) I gather they were quite the rage in the 1940's. I can probably
sell them for a bundle. But Oh Dear.

I'm with you on the WTF??!!

Jill

Old October 18th 08, 04:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobblespin

"jmcquown" wrote in
:

I was going through some dresser drawers yesterday and ran across a
brand new pair of camoflage pants. These are "bush" fatigues, not
desert khakis. You just gotta love the U.S. Marines, they size things
so vaguely: small/short. Heh, that would be me! LOL And yes, they
fit me perfectly. You have any idea what some teen would pay for these
at a surplus shop?!

I'm sitting here wearing camo shorts. Size? Dunno. They fit. Eeek,
I'm as big as my father! Heh, he was small. If he tried to enlist
these days the Marines would say he was too short.

So, free clothes. Woo Hoo! Now if only we could figure out where Dad
put all his medals... I've found tons of empty boxes but only one
medal. He's got lots of other medals. He got paranoid and hid them,
we don't know where.

Check all floorboards if you have hardwood floors, especially in the
closets. Folks back then used to hide stuff underneath. It's easy to
get a board to loosen up and put it back down and it doesn't show.

Bobble

Old October 18th 08, 04:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mishi[_2_]

jmcquown wrote:
Kreisleriana wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Jill, if you can't sell them, see if a cat rescue in your area can use
them. They cut them up and use them for baby kits to snuggle in.
Mishi
Old October 18th 08, 04:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Mishi wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
Kreisleriana wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Oh! What a fantastic idea! My goodness, I never thought of that!

Jill

Old October 18th 08, 07:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

bobblespin wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in
:

[...]

If there is an attic, check that. Also, if there are any large pictures, check the backs. I had an Aunt who used to tape envelopes of cash to the underside of chairs and drawers.

Old October 18th 08, 09:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

MLB wrote:
bobblespin wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in
:

[...]

There's nothing in the attic other than Christmas wrapping paper. No
paintings to speak of; I'm the one with the paintings. That's what happens
when you date an artist. G

Jill

Old October 19th 08, 04:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Mishi" wrote in message

Jill, if you can't sell them, see if a cat rescue in your area can use
them. They cut them up and use them for baby kits to snuggle in.
Mishi

I never thought of that. I would have suggest a decent burial.

Pam S. who thinks real fur belongs on the original owner

Old October 19th 08, 05:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

tanadashoes wrote:
"Mishi" wrote in message

Jill, if you can't sell them, see if a cat rescue in your area can
use them. They cut them up and use them for baby kits to snuggle in.
Mishi

I never thought of that. I would have suggest a decent burial.

Pam S. who thinks real fur belongs on the original owner

Speaking of burials... I did confirm Mom has a plot next to dad's at the
national cemetery. One less thing to worry about.

Jill

Jill update rb Cat anecdotes 11 August 21st 08 01:32 AM
Jill Update from Jill (OT) jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 27 July 29th 08 10:28 PM
Jill Jofirey Cat anecdotes 4 July 21st 08 06:47 AM
jill update rb Cat anecdotes 9 July 15th 08 04:15 AM
Update for Jill Magic Mood Jeep Cat anecdotes 16 February 17th 08 12:36 AM