Questions

Old March 6th 04, 03:13 AM
frigamia

Default Questions

Hello all..

Well this is it... Misha is 64 days pregnant and her habbits are changing
the past couple of days. She is more quiet, doesn't seem to know exactly
what she wants.. doesn't go downstairs so much (so I put a litter box
upstairs for her)... She is seeking for my presence a lot. It feels like the
babies are playing football in the belly, at times. I took her to the vet
two days ago because I was worried about her ears. Turned out it might be
the collar that was annoying her on the back of her ears sorta. (she might
be more sensitive to things lately)... But the vet checked her while we were
there of course, and everything is going good, Misha is healthy, belly seems
healthy. We are hoping for a safe and healthy delivery.

Today, Misha has been jumping more often than usual in her box. She also
hesitated in front of her food, and turned to water a couple of times.
However, she ate on a regular basis all day.

So here's my first question. I read a lot that mommy cats will stop eating
12 to 24 hours prior labor and delivery. Does that necessarily happens all
the time? Misha is giving signs of labor approaching but she is still
eating... what should I understand from it?

Second question is about what to have handy for the upcoming birth. So far I
have :

- Emergency vet number and phone at hand
- Misha's box is ready (has been for a while)
- Clean and soft cloths, second box with layers of sheets, heating pad (well
covered to avoid overheating) for the case I would have to help and/or take
newborns out of the way until mommy cat is ready to feed them.

I would like to know if I forgot anything? Any advice / reminder will be
appreciated

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mia and Misha

Old March 6th 04, 03:23 AM
Cheryl

"frigamia" dumped this in newssa2c.3027$vj.307891
@wagner.videotron.net on 05 Mar 2004:

I would like to know if I forgot anything? Any advice / reminder will be
appreciated

64 days. Well it could be tonight you have little ones. Got little baby
bottles? KMR? Kitten Glop recipe? (all in case mom can't or won't feed
them).

good luck and purrs mom has a healthy and speedy delivery.