[OT] Irony Impaired Coward Strikes Again!!!

Old May 28th 05, 05:38 PM
Catnipped

Default [OT] Irony Impaired Coward Strikes Again!!!

I just had to post this because I am laughing hysterically and wanted to
share the joke.

It seems that my own personal troll is not only cowardly (sending me the
following email through an anonymous remailer), but she is also seriously
irony impaired as you can see from the message text below .

What she's replying to is a note I wrote in another newsgroup telling people
that I got a new job with: a 10% raise immediately, a 15% raise after 6
months, a merit raise yearly after that, profit-sharing bonuses every 6
months, 3 weeks vacation now and 4 weeks vacation after a year, the ability
to set my own hours and, as long as projects are completed on time, the
ability to take as much personal time off as I like, the ability to work
from home 98% of the time, this definite possibility that this position will
expand to become an entire department and I will then manage other
developers and projects, AND I get to do exactly what I LOVE to do and
NOTHING else!!!

"Subject: EEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKK!

Maybe you didnt get that raise because you spend all your time on the
internet posting nonsense to cat groups and complaining about not having
enough work to do. Remember that? Maybe you should take responsibility for
your own failure. Maybe somebody sent an email to your boss tipping him off
what a slacker you are and showing him how you call him an asshole on a
public forum. Like every idiot, you gave yourself enough rope and you
eventually hung yourself with it."

Since I can't respond through the anonymous remailer service, I'll write
here what I tried to reply to her (and she obviously reads my posts):

"And as a result I got my dream job - what a happy idiot I am right now and
what sour grapes you are eating! LOL! If you did send an email to my boss
and started all this, then THANK YOU!"

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old May 28th 05, 06:19 PM
Mary

"Catnipped" wrote in message
[...]

Unbelievable. I am really glad you posted this. What is funny is that
the writing style gives your "anonymous" correspondent away
immediately.

As an aside: those of you who condemn those who post
under a screen name instead of their real name, or
otherwise protect their identities--perhaps you will take
this as sound evidence for why many good people do
that.

The depths to which these scumbags will go to suppress
voices they do not want to hear. Wow.

Old May 28th 05, 06:46 PM
Catnipped

"Mary" wrote in message

Unbelievable. I am really glad you posted this. What is funny is that
the writing style gives your "anonymous" correspondent away
immediately.

As an aside: those of you who condemn those who post
under a screen name instead of their real name, or
otherwise protect their identities--perhaps you will take
this as sound evidence for why many good people do
that.

The depths to which these scumbags will go to suppress
voices they do not want to hear. Wow.

LOL, yeah, so far these past few month some of the posters here have 1)
wrote me an email to tell me to stop posting here (and called you some
*very* nasty names in it behind your back), 2) called my cell phone and left
a filthy-languaged voice mail, 3) called me a half-rotted dildo (and called
you worse), 4) accused me of burning my cat, 5) gloated over some poor woman
whose house burned down with her cats in it, and along with other
anti-social, psychotic behavior, 6) emailed my boss trying to get me fired
because she didn't like what I was posting ON USENET FOR GAWD'S SAKE! And
yet I am the scum of the earth and single-handedly ruining this newsgroup.
This just keeps getting better and better, but like *someone* mentioned
here, after musing over my new job, I guess Karma *IS* working after all!
Again, you anonymous little poster, you - THANK YOU! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old May 28th 05, 07:08 PM
Mary

"Catnipped" wrote in message
"Mary" wrote in message

Unbelievable. I am really glad you posted this. What is funny is that
the writing style gives your "anonymous" correspondent away
immediately.

As an aside: those of you who condemn those who post
under a screen name instead of their real name, or
otherwise protect their identities--perhaps you will take
this as sound evidence for why many good people do
that.

The depths to which these scumbags will go to suppress
voices they do not want to hear. Wow.

LOL, yeah, so far these past few month some of the posters here have 1)
wrote me an email to tell me to stop posting here (and called you some
*very* nasty names in it behind your back)

Well how disappointing. I cannot imagine why they would not post
them right here. Afraid of hurting my feelings, maybe?

WAHHHHH hahahaha!

, 2) called my cell phone and left
a filthy-languaged voice mail, 3) called me a half-rotted dildo (and

called
you worse), 4) accused me of burning my cat, 5) gloated over some poor

woman
whose house burned down with her cats in it, and along with other
anti-social, psychotic behavior, 6) emailed my boss trying to get me fired
because she didn't like what I was posting ON USENET FOR GAWD'S SAKE! And
yet I am the scum of the earth and single-handedly ruining this newsgroup.
This just keeps getting better and better, but like *someone* mentioned
here, after musing over my new job, I guess Karma *IS* working after all!
Again, you anonymous little poster, you - THANK YOU! ;

All true, and all worthy of discussion. People posting here--and
indeed, anywhere in Usenet--need to know what they are getting
into, and how to protect themselves.

Old May 28th 05, 08:05 PM
223rem

Goes to show, yet again, that one should never
post any personal information on newsgroups.
Old May 28th 05, 08:29 PM
Mary

"223rem" wrote in message
m...
Goes to show, yet again, that one should never
post any personal information on newsgroups.

Sad but true. I flinch every time people post RL information, particularly
photos of children and places
of employment. Fortunately it is not always good people who are so trusting.

I know of an example of one idiot who went "real life" on several people,
harrassing them both openly and privately, then posted her personal web page
with photos of her family and lots of other information. If there were a
Darwin award for stupidity that does not end in death, she should win it.
She is still learning that, the hard way.

Old May 28th 05, 09:48 PM
Joe Canuck

Catnipped wrote:

I just had to post this because I am laughing hysterically and wanted to
share the joke.

We don't care.

Your personal collection of trolls is yours, please don't share with the
rest of us.

This has nothing to do with cats, their care or behavior issues.

--- this is where the obligatory "Get a life." comment belongs but that
is just lame.

Old May 28th 05, 09:48 PM
Catnipped

"Joe Canuck" wrote in message
Catnipped wrote:

I just had to post this because I am laughing hysterically and wanted to
share the joke.

We don't care.

Your personal collection of trolls is yours, please don't share with the
rest of us.

This has nothing to do with cats, their care or behavior issues.

--- this is where the obligatory "Get a life." comment belongs but that
is just lame.

Oh my gawd, Joe - who *IS* that person standing behind you with a gun to
your head and forcing you to read my (clearly marked) off-topic thread!!???
Would you like me to call 911 for you???!! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old May 28th 05, 09:56 PM
Mary

Nobody cares what you think you provincial lout. **** off, Joe.

Old May 29th 05, 01:35 PM
Joe Canuck

Mary wrote:

"Joe Canuck" wrote in message

Catnipped wrote:

I just had to post this because I am laughing hysterically and wanted to
share the joke.

We don't care.

Your personal collection of trolls is yours, please don't share with the
rest of us.

This has nothing to do with cats, their care or behavior issues.

--- this is where the obligatory "Get a life." comment belongs but that
is just lame.

Nobody cares what you think you provincial lout. **** off, Joe.

Hey, go attend to your funkyness.