Does cat's fur grow back at a different rate when it is shaved..

Old May 29th 05, 09:43 AM
Lucrezia Borgia

Default Does cat's fur grow back at a different rate when it is shaved..

depending on the area? My Yuri had his tummy shaved for surgery,then
had various other areas shaved as he required other procedures. Except
for his tummy, the fur is growing back nicely. On his stomach it has
barely grown in at all. His surgery was 2 months ago.

I have one of his littermates, and he has a fairly good amount of fur
on his stomach so it is not only location!

Old May 29th 05, 02:59 PM
blkcatgal

I have heard that the fur will grow back at different rates depending on the
area. But I also read somewhere that stomach fur grows back faster than
some other areas. So I don't know. When my cat had surgery his whole
backside had to be shaved. It took a good 6 months before it finally got to
the point that you couldn't see the line between the new fur and the old
fur. Now the only difference is that the new fur is a little darker in
color than the old fur (my cat is grey and white).
oups.com...