Sammy = klutz

Old May 25th 04, 06:08 PM
RobZip

Default Sammy = klutz

Sammy is about 3 weeks from her due date. She is becoming quite the klutz
these days. Apparently her change in weight, size, and mass leaves her a bit
more to compensate for than she has adapted to at this point.

A simple gliding jump onto a chair results in her becoming highsided on her
belly instead of her feet reaching the edge of the chair. Oops. Simple drop
to the floor and she abandons the idea. Seems she doesn't distinguish being
laughed with from being laughed at.

Attempting to jump from the window sill onto the top of the television in
the living room ended up with her failing to reach her mark and sliding off
the edge and dropping straight to the floor. Again, absolutely no humor. She
gives me a disdainful sneer and moseys off.

I'm not too concerned about her hurting herself or the kittens. She seems to
refrain from the more daredevil antics, but the bloopers on some of the
lower intensity stuff is rather comical.

We had a spay surgery scheduled for her prior to her going into heat. We
rescheduled the appointment for another 2 weeks, opting for the lower
bleeding benefit of allowing the cycle to pass.

My son, in the wisdom that only an 8 year old could muster, decided that
Sammy was in need of company. We had warned him to be careful not to let her
get out when he came and went. He dutifully complied. What we did not
anticipate was him allowing the neighborhood playboy into the house! I came
in from mowing the back yard to find Sammy stretched out on the floor with a
neighbor's tuxedo tom cat in a state of post coital afterglow. Obviously
more complete instructions were needed.

In 35 years of cat ownership, mostly females, this is the first oops that
resulted in a pregnancy.

Old May 25th 04, 06:27 PM
m. L. Briggs

On Tue, 25 May 2004 17:08:21 GMT, "RobZip"
wrote:

[...]

Now the real fun begins. MLB