Advice needed

Old June 8th 04, 03:33 PM
Mary

"H. Barker" wrote
She went out again last night for about 45 mins, and since then, again,
she's been kinda anti-me. It's weird, it feels almost like she's going off
me, which is odd.

*Sigh*

Old June 8th 04, 03:56 PM
H. Barker

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004, Mary wrote:

She went out again last night for about 45 mins, and since then, again,
she's been kinda anti-me. It's weird, it feels almost like she's going off
me, which is odd.

*Sigh*

Well it's hard because my wife really wants her to get used to going out,
and I don't. I'm in a no-win situation, really.

The other problem is how do we have the door open in the summer without
her getting out? It may seem obvious to some people, but not I.

Sorry for trying your patience

Old June 8th 04, 04:26 PM
H. Barker

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004, kaeli wrote:

The other problem is how do we have the door open in the summer without
her getting out? It may seem obvious to some people, but not I.

We use screen doors in the States. A little door with a screen that goes
on the outside of the main door to keep bugs out but let air in.
Do you have a screen door?

Nope, we don't, but I'd consider that if I knew where to get one in the
UK. Worth a thought, though, thanks.

Old June 8th 04, 04:39 PM
Mary

"H. Barker" wrote in message

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004, Mary wrote:

Well it's hard because my wife really wants her to get used to going out,
and I don't. I'm in a no-win situation, really.

Your wife is wrong because your cat could easily be
hit on the busy road and killed. It is simple. The cat is the only one who
is really in the no-win situation.

The other problem is how do we have the door open in the summer without
her getting out? It may seem obvious to some people, but not I.

Why must you open the door? Is it for ventilation? I know they may not be in
vogue, but surely screened doors do exist in the UK, right?

Sorry for trying your patience

It just seems to me that the UK's knee-jerk "cats MUST be outside" is just
as bad as the US's knee-jerk "cat's CANNOT be outside (even when in a
relatively safe, low-traffic area. And I don't understand why your wife
would wish to endanger an animal she loves. Or doesn't she?

Old June 8th 04, 04:49 PM
H. Barker

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004, Mary wrote:

It just seems to me that the UK's knee-jerk "cats MUST be outside" is just
as bad as the US's knee-jerk "cat's CANNOT be outside (even when in a
relatively safe, low-traffic area. And I don't understand why your wife
would wish to endanger an animal she loves. Or doesn't she?

I agree totally, but my wife really does only have the cats best interests
at heart, and I guess us Brits are just "cats must be outside" as you say.
Personally I honestly believe that they should be indoors or outdoors with
supervision, but it's a tough call.

I would like to hear from more Brits on their opinions, simply to know
what they think, but everyone's info has been really great.

I dare say I'll be flustered again tomorrow after another night of her
going out. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

And I'll definitely look into screens, cheers.