can't wait for a troll, need help.

Old May 6th 10, 11:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

Default can't wait for a troll, need help.

as i said in another thread i have lots of flaws, one of them is buying
something that sounds good... then staring blankly into the air without an
idea how to cook it... so what i need is a recipe to cook the two beautiful
large ones i bought this week, simpler would be better, less fat would be
good but tastey and tried is a must,

Help mathey? Jill? somebody///

Lee, who is feeling really silly right now...

Old May 6th 10, 11:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

got so worked the two things i bought were artechoke hearts,... duhhh, i
might be getting a migraine, Lee, really feeling stupid now

Old May 7th 10, 12:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Girlfriend, I love you to death but you got to tell us what it is you want
to cook. If it is trolls, the way I feel, I could butcher them for you,
with a pocket knife. Would at least get rid of some stress. Now, WTF are
you trying to cook.

Old May 7th 10, 12:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
cshenk

Lol! Granby, was saying same.

Either way she answered and I don't cook those either. I think you are
supposed to steam them for a fair time (like 30 mins or something) then
knarf out the insides of the triangular leaves?

Old May 7th 10, 12:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_5_]

You got just the hearts, or the whole thing?.. can''t eat then any more
either. Kyla, with an oncoming migraine herownself

Old May 7th 10, 12:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Stormmee" wrote in message
as i said in another thread i have lots of flaws, one of them is
buying something that sounds good... then staring blankly into
the air without an idea how to cook it... so what i need is a
recipe to cook the two beautiful large ones i bought this week,
simpler would be better, less fat would be good but tastey and
tried is a must,

Help mathey? Jill? somebody///

Lee, who is feeling really silly right now...

If they are beautiful and big, I'm guessing the whole artichoke,
petals and all. I usually take the big pot I cook spaghetti in and
put about an inch or so of water in the bottom and bring it to a
boil.

Cut the stem off the bottom of the artichoke, more or less flush
with the bud. Rinse them out and sit them in the pot on their
bottoms. Sometimes I'll add salt or olive oil or lemon juice to the
water, but its not necessary.

Cover the pot and simmer for thirty minutes or so. You can tell if
they are done by pulling a petal off or poking a fork in the bottom.
Should be almost as soft as a boiled potato.

Jo

Old May 7th 10, 12:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

I don't think I've ever cooked artichokes, but this is what Melinda Lee, a
former caterer who has a food news show on the radio, says:

http://www.melindalee.com/recipearch...24&item_id=113

--
Joy

Quit worrying about your health. It'll go away.

Old May 7th 10, 01:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

hey i already said i was stupid in the very next post, so i will just say
oops in this one, LOL, Lee

Old May 7th 10, 01:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

yes you do you juzt don't know it... think back... way back... NO not to
your childhood, thats too far... to the last trip when we saw george jones?
remember that? that dip we got in the resturant with the spinach and gooey
cheese and other "stuff" well that "stuff" was artichokes, so there, Lee