Cat weeing in the house

Old September 22nd 04, 07:41 PM
Jason

Default Cat weeing in the house

Hello.

Our cat has recently started weeing in the house. 1st on our bed -
when we were in it. It looked as if he'd been asleep and wet himself
in his sleep. 2nd about 1.5 weeks later when he was picked up (also
found he'd done a poo in the same bedroom that day). And 3rd on
another bed when locked out of the first room.

We have 2 cats (other is 13) and have had both together for about 10.5
years. House is old house that we have been in for 5 years. Had new
loft done a while back and moved up there about 2 months ago. Cat
with the problem took a while to come up but now has. Both cats
normally sleep in the same bedroom as us (myself and my wife).

Vet trip planned for this coming weekend for a check up for him but
wondered if anyone could offer advice etc in the meantime. He has
heart disease (diagnosed last January and is 11 years old) and also a
skin allergy problem that he has had all his life. Current medication
consists of neomercazole, frusemide and fortekor for his heart
condition and prednisolone for allergy (in very low doses every other
day - and have found over the years that this is the best treatment
for him).

Am reluctant to shut the cats out of the bedrooms as they have always
had free roam of all the house and they have access to the outside -
via a cat flap and both use it.

Have a litter tray on the ground floor that they have always used and
it is cleaned thoroughly twice a week and emptied throughout the week.
Now trying a 2nd litter tray on 1st floor in one of the bedrooms.

Is he getting lazy possibly? Or even getting too old with his heart
problem to make it down all the way to the litter tray?

Many thanks.
Old September 22nd 04, 08:22 PM
Karen Chuplis

in article , Jason at
wrote on 9/22/04 1:41 PM:

[...]

No. That sounds very like illness to me. I hope the appointment is soon.
Not a Good Thing.